BoyGenius unboxes the HTC Kaiser

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest wi11

noelzie, are you in the UK? Would your supplier be able to give any info on when they might be reaching the networks, t-mobile etc?

Guest NikLP
Ditto. I'm on Orange, been out of contract for 2 months and I want to upgrade. I've been toying with the 3100 but if this is on the horizon I'll hang on. Although Orange haven't been as quick on the uptake of new handsets as they used to be...

M3100 is a turkey, leave well alone. I'm about to get my SIXTH handset. Breaks all the time, constant soft reset, buggy firmware (even when upgraded to WM6), naff radio stack etc.

Guest Gerald.D

Argh!

Read about the Kaiser not coming out until October, so decided to get a 3600 in the mean time - it arrives tomorrow.

Now it transpires that the Kaiser's actually coming out in just a couple of months.

Guest mikeeey
I've not found it a problem on my M700, it's difficult to get used to at first, I was always grabbing for the top right hand corner of the phone to find nothing there, but it's not problematic.

Just looking through the specs of the Kaiser again I've noticed the 256mb ROM and 128mb RAM, I thought it was 128 and 64 before, so the device looks more promising.

I'm still confused between this, and one of the i-mate ultimate range which all have 520mhz processors and 256mb ROM and RAM...the only problem is there's not one with as nice a form factor..

the 520mhz processor means nothing when this has a qualcomm 7200 graphics chip making the speed way faster. it's 400mhz processor + graphics chip beats a 520mhz processor by far :rolleyes: .

Guest mikeeey
Just spoke to my supplier and I am getting the kaiser tomorrow it is currently in transit :-)

I am doing a night shift tonight but when I get home I will be playing with this pda. Pictures will be on here tomorrow.

what??? how? i want one! seriously tho how did u get one? how much was it?

pictures, yes that would be nice. take some pics of the device maybe some pics with it's camera? perhaps a video too showings it quality? im sure it will look great. just think how good coolcamera could make it look. im excited for this.

Edited by mikeeey

what??? how? i want one! seriously tho how did u get one? how much was it?

pictures, yes that would be nice. take some pics of the device maybe some pics with it's camera? perhaps a video too showings it quality? im sure it will look great. just think how good coolcamera could make it look. im excited for this.

Yes all will be online tomorrow, I can't set up a video review well I may be able to with my Nokia N95, Pictures will be taken in very high quality with my Cannon SLR. I need to speak to Paul as I may send him the unit for a video review for the site on Monday as I go on holiday for a week next friday so I will let him have a play with it in for a few weeks. My supplier has never let me down and I don't think he will start now tends to come up with the goods months before the release date. Fingers crossed you will see some pictures tomorrow of the HTC Kaiser in the UK.

Guest mikeeey
Yes all will be online tomorrow, I can't set up a video review well I may be able to with my Nokia N95, Pictures will be taken in very high quality with my Cannon SLR. I need to speak to Paul as I may send him the unit for a video review for the site on Monday as I go on holiday for a week next friday so I will let him have a play with it in for a few weeks. My supplier has never let me down and I don't think he will start now tends to come up with the goods months before the release date. Fingers crossed you will see some pictures tomorrow of the HTC Kaiser in the UK.

but i mean could u actually take some pics and a video with the device? so i can see how its camera is? i didnt mean a video review.

1 thing id really like to see, it it isnt too much trouble, is how it's camera is in the dark. could u take a picture in a rather dark area? just so i have an idea? if its still like most other htc cameras or if it's goten better.

and how did ur supplier get that device? does he work for htc or something? i mean there isnt even any on ebay

Edited by mikeeey

Guest mjamalm

Thanks paul for this bar of chocolate......

I liked all the specs u mentioned but that something worries me is that photon is on the way and this device will be available in late 2007...so will that increase in ram will make it possible to upgrade to wm photon>>>> As u mentioned somewhere it will be a major release and i don't want to miss that on my device.....

Thanks in advance

Guest mikeeey
Thanks paul for this bar of chocolate......

I liked all the specs u mentioned but that something worries me is that photon is on the way and this device will be available in late 2007...so will that increase in ram will make it possible to upgrade to wm photon>>>> As u mentioned somewhere it will be a major release and i don't want to miss that on my device.....

Thanks in advance

lol, wm6 is still new, being updated, and in some phone's cases isnt even finished. and you're already thinking about WM-Photon. well no one knows yet but im sure it will be upgradable as the hermes was able to be upgraded to wm6.

Guest leshemnoam

there has been an update on BoyGenius website saying: "will actually ship in late July" I'm out of contract with t-mobile and looking for a wm6 pocket PC without the outdated 200mhz i already have and hate on the vario - so I'm waiting for the Kaiser hoping it will come out soon on a network in the UK or I'll have to bite the bullet and get the m700 with the new data plans... any advice?

Guest markdotpeters5

N95 is much faster and reliable since the newer firmware upgrade. Personally the Kaiser would have to be pretty special to tear me away from mine :rolleyes:

Guest Ovie
the 520mhz processor means nothing when this has a qualcomm 7200 graphics chip making the speed way faster. it's 400mhz processor + graphics chip beats a 520mhz processor by far :rolleyes: .

Hmmm interesting, I didn't know that. As for the 256 to the 128, will that make a huge difference to speed? 128 is still more compared to the 64 I have at the moment on my Trinity I suppose..

As I said I would I have just got home from my long trip around london lol after a 12 hour shift but before I get my head down for a few hours I thought I would post some pictures of my new toy :-

I will be selling the item in a few days as I got two :-)

Paul are you after one of these?

Guest mjamalm
lol, wm6 is still new, being updated, and in some phone's cases isnt even finished. and you're already thinking about WM-Photon. well no one knows yet but im sure it will be upgradable as the hermes was able to be upgraded to wm6.

Thanks mikeey for your reply,you know i am not that interested in wm 6.0 as it dowsn't show that big difference from wm 5.0,,i think most of devices upgraded to crossbow cause it doesn't need more requirements to be installed...and about photon it will released in late 2007 ,, so i hoped any device will be released late will be upgradable.... thanks

Guest mjamalm
As I said I would I have just got home from my long trip around london lol after a 12 hour shift but before I get my head down for a few hours I thought I would post some pictures of my new toy :-

Thanks xxnoelziexx for these nice pics,i hoped that u can add some pics from device camera,and mini report if u can......thanks

Guest mandt
Just spoke to my supplier and I am getting the kaiser tomorrow it is currently in transit :-)

Don't suppose you're able to share this supplier are you? PM me if you dont want to post it here

Don't suppose you're able to share this supplier are you? PM me if you dont want to post it here

Can't give that information out sorry :-(

Guest nav007_2000
Can't give that information out sorry :-(

Hello xxnoelziexx,

I'm getting my Kaiser tomorrow from a friend. He has been testing it out and has told me that they were testing the kaiser with WM5.

What is the version running on your kaiser. Also what are the possibilities of you creating a rom of that operating system. I would love to try it out on the kaiser.

Guest Michael Pang

Is it possible to post some pictures which are taken by the kaiser?

thanks

Guest mikeeey
Hmmm interesting, I didn't know that. As for the 256 to the 128, will that make a huge difference to speed? 128 is still more compared to the 64 I have at the moment on my Trinity I suppose..

the only difference i can think of is if u were playing a game or something that created a huge cache, but i think 128 is enough for that.

just running more programs is about it i think.

as far as the graphics chip it uses, you can read about it here. it's actuallya multimedia chip.

http://www.cdmatech.com/products/msm7200_c...et_solution.jsp

you may have known of the highly talked about Intel 2700 graphics chip the dell pocket pc's use. it's supposed to make a huge difference.

if u compare the two, the dell's intel graphics chip supports up to 84 million pixels per second fill rate, and 831 000 triangles per second. the kaiser's qualcomm 7200 chip supports 133 million 3D pixels per second fill rate (notice the intel one wasnt even 3D pixels), and up to 4 million triangles per second. (the dell's wasn't even in the millions lol)

Edited by mikeeey

Guest mikeeey

nice pictures xxnoelziexx! could u please post some pics taken from the device? also a picture from the device showing how it takes pics in a dark area?

if not, then nav007_2000 could you do this please? i really wanna know how it looks in the dark.

Guest mikeeey
Thanks mikeey for your reply,you know i am not that interested in wm 6.0 as it dowsn't show that big difference from wm 5.0,,i think most of devices upgraded to crossbow cause it doesn't need more requirements to be installed...and about photon it will released in late 2007 ,, so i hoped any device will be released late will be upgradable.... thanks

what difference is there in photon? i know wm6 sped up a few things such as internet.

Guest Monolithix (MVP)

Do you know if that's a production device or if it's still pre-prod?

Also - to the poster worried about Photon....we won't be seeing that for a *long* time...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.