ok....after two days i have a BRICK i600 WM6

Guest galinha

Guest galinha

Hello :

I did Shi*** , i try to upgrade with Blackjack WM6 update , and now i dont have I600 !

The phone starts at&t splash apear , seams that everithing is ok...and another splash apear saying GOODBYE!

I can get in boot mode :

USB Downloader Xcingular v 1.2 !

Help Please. How can i get back to i600XXGD1....

Thanks in advance

Guest smittyofdhs

This is why leaked firmware upgrades should never be used. In you case, you also used the US firmware on a device made for a UK network. You are probably stuck with a brick. If you have only had the device a few days then take it back to the store or call your carrier's customer service department and say ti just stopped working. Don't tell them you tried to upgrade it with the wm6 upgrade. It should be covered under warranty. If they asked what you did to it, just play dumb and say that you rebooted it because it was acting funny and then it would not reboot anymore. You might get lucky and they will take it back and replace with a new one.

Guest galinha
This is why leaked firmware upgrades should never be used. In you case, you also used the US firmware on a device made for a UK network. You are probably stuck with a brick. If you have only had the device a few days then take it back to the store or call your carrier's customer service department and say ti just stopped working. Don't tell them you tried to upgrade it with the wm6 upgrade. It should be covered under warranty. If they asked what you did to it, just play dumb and say that you rebooted it because it was acting funny and then it would not reboot anymore. You might get lucky and they will take it back and replace with a new one.

They will see that there is a AT&T logo. There must be a way to change the boot loader amd make the phone recognized by the computer.

Guest smittyofdhs
They will see that there is a AT&T logo. There must be a way to change the boot loader amd make the phone recognized by the computer.

True, you may be screwed then...

Last resort, you could try calling in to customer care and seeing if they will send you a new one. I've done that in the states with devices that a firmware didn't go well, sometimes the firmware was a "cooked". When they recieve the old one, most times they don't even try to fire it up first, they try to flash them then test....

at least that work here in the states...

Edited by smittyofdhs

Guest mini_man
I can get in boot mode :

The fact that you can do that means your safe despite what these guys are saying.

All you need todo is turn your phone off, hold down the camera button and shove a usb in.

Wait and this will put your phone in the 3 coloured bootloader screen, next find an official update for your phone, from the carrier or samsung or something and run it.

The upgrade program will recognise your device as a an i600 because its in bootloader, follow the procedure and dont touch anything untill its finished the upgrade and your i600 will be good as new!

Seriously dont worry, just read up on rom upgrades, cid unlocking and read tons of forums about the upgrade and an upgrade procedure itself before you even touch an unnoficial installer lol.

Hope it all sorts out!

Guest smittyofdhs

"next find an official update for your phone, from the carrier or samsung or something and run it."

this will be the hard part for the 600, who has an official ROM for it, anybody?

Guest mini_man

post-160616-1180947975_thumb.jpg

Bootloader instructions there.

Presuming the i600 is the Blackjack (im not too sure)

Here is a page about the official rom

http://erms.samsungusa.com/customer/sea/js...amp;AT_ID=83176

Install this and it should restore your phone back to normal use and you can do your own rom finding from there.

BTW. Bricked is the wrong term to use, if you can get into your bootloader your device is therefore functional not bricked.

Edited by mini_man

Guest smittyofdhs
post-160616-1180947975_thumb.jpg

Bootloader instructions there.

Presuming the i600 is the Blackjack (im not too sure)

Here is a page about the official rom

http://erms.samsungusa.com/customer/sea/js...amp;AT_ID=83176

Install this and it should restore your phone back to normal use and you can do your own rom finding from there.

BTW. Bricked is the wrong term to use, if you can get into your bootloader your device is therefore functional not bricked.

i600 is NOT the blackjack. the blackjack is the i607, which is a US Version for AT&T. This is what caused the problem to begin with, the person tried loading the AT&T WM6 rom

Guest galinha
So the i600 is a completely different device all together?

Ok sorry that could of been disasterous.

http://wiki.modaco.com/index.php/Samsung_i600

Modaco wiki has rom links would that be suitable?

The problem is not how to enter in the bootloader is the same as I600 , the problem is that the phone is not recognized by the computer !

The phone starts , i can go into the bootloader , but i have now a Usb Downloader Xcingular 1.2 , and not Open 1.1

I need a full flash...and i dont know how to do it,

Guest mini_man

That shouldnt really matter should it?

Active Sync wont recognise your phone because its in bootloader.

If your computer recognises a device is plugged in and you got the new hardware found. windows mobile device etc when its plugged into usb via the bootloader then an upgrade util should work fine.

Have you tried one yet?

Guest orcinus

Of course it should matter...

It's an altogether different firmware loader and a different boot loader!

Firmware updates meant for i600 with Open 1.1 loader talk to Open 1.1 loader. Firmware updates meant for i607 with Xcingular 1.2 loader talk to Xcingular 1.2 loader. You can't mix and match!

Well, actually you can, but it's a one way trip...

I think there was a standalone flasher utility floating around GSMHosting somewhere (i think) that you could feed a firmware of your choice. Maybe you could try looking that up.

Guest Stepir
Of course it should matter...

It's an altogether different firmware loader and a different boot loader!

Firmware updates meant for i600 with Open 1.1 loader talk to Open 1.1 loader. Firmware updates meant for i607 with Xcingular 1.2 loader talk to Xcingular 1.2 loader. You can't mix and match!

Well, actually you can, but it's a one way trip...

I think there was a standalone flasher utility floating around GSMHosting somewhere (i think) that you could feed a firmware of your choice. Maybe you could try looking that up.

have you tried this?

EDIT: Please do not link to rapidshare hosted ROM's

password is in the commend

Guest Stepir

you can also check this one

I600XXGC6_fix_phone_flashing_problem.rar

Only for fix flashing problem, not for normal firmware upgrade.

Guest galinha
you can also check this one

I600XXGC6_fix_phone_flashing_problem.rar

Only for fix flashing problem, not for normal firmware upgrade.

Tried all ! Don recognize the Phone.

Thnks to All !

Luis

Guest galinha
The fact that you can do that means your safe despite what these guys are saying.

All you need todo is turn your phone off, hold down the camera button and shove a usb in.

Wait and this will put your phone in the 3 coloured bootloader screen, next find an official update for your phone, from the carrier or samsung or something and run it.

The upgrade program will recognise your device as a an i600 because its in bootloader, follow the procedure and dont touch anything untill its finished the upgrade and your i600 will be good as new!

Seriously dont worry, just read up on rom upgrades, cid unlocking and read tons of forums about the upgrade and an upgrade procedure itself before you even touch an unnoficial installer lol.

Hope it all sorts out!

Thnks but the problem is the boot loader ! Cant change it !

Guest trisip
Thnks but the problem is the boot loader ! Cant change it !

Luis, I'm in the same boat with you! I spoke personally to Samsung Technician and guess what...they don't have any idea how to solve this problem too. I've searched high and low all in every discussion board, still no one knows yet. One person said try to use Serial Cable data, not USB cable data. I bought the cable from ebay, still waiting for it to arrive. Samsung technician will try to ask if there is a guarantee for this kind of problem, they'll let me know tomorrow. Of course I can't play dumb, cause they will see instantly the at&t logo. But if tomorrow I receive bad news from them, I might try to play dumb, well, nothing to loose anyway, rite?

Guest galinha
Luis, I'm in the same boat with you! I spoke personally to Samsung Technician and guess what...they don't have any idea how to solve this problem too. I've searched high and low all in every discussion board, still no one knows yet. One person said try to use Serial Cable data, not USB cable data. I bought the cable from ebay, still waiting for it to arrive. Samsung technician will try to ask if there is a guarantee for this kind of problem, they'll let me know tomorrow. Of course I can't play dumb, cause they will see instantly the at&t logo. But if tomorrow I receive bad news from them, I might try to play dumb, well, nothing to loose anyway, rite?

Thnks . I already sent mine to Samsung , and bring back....they want to put a new motherboard...300 usd .

Please let me know...your advances....you have msn ?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Confucious

Have you guys tried looking over at xda-developers.com? they are the ROM hackers/crackers, if there is an answer it will be there. You really shouldn't flash your phone unless you know what you are doing - unless you don't mind ending up with a brick...

Guest MitchellO
Have you guys tried looking over at xda-developers.com? they are the ROM hackers/crackers, if there is an answer it will be there. You really shouldn't flash your phone unless you know what you are doing - unless you don't mind ending up with a brick...

Especially with ROMs from different devices :rolleyes:

Guest lawlipop

there was a guy who successfully got it back... but of course, he needed to open up the phone to make it working again.. i wonder if there will be a software solution for this or not...

Guest jafangie
there was a guy who successfully got it back... but of course, he needed to open up the phone to make it working again.. i wonder if there will be a software solution for this or not...

Hi,

Where did you find your info?

Thks

Jafangie

• 5 months later...