ok....after two days i have a BRICK i600 WM6

Guest galinha

I did exactly this by mistake. In SA the i600 is marketed by the idiots retailer as a blackjack now i have no idea what to do or how to fix this.

Any suggestions anyone

• 3 months later...
Thnks . I already sent mine to Samsung , and bring back....they want to put a new motherboard...300 usd .

Please let me know...your advances....you have msn ?

actually, even if the phone id is wiped out by using the EFS clear from one of the flash programs triggers the main board replacement ;-)

• 2 months later...
Guest XE_Nerd

I've been reading many post's about updating the i600 to wm6. anything that involves firmware is scary to me cause i know the possibility to brick it... i'm pretty scared to update my i600 when i get it in the mail...

Guest XE_Nerd

well i'll give it a try then when my phoen is here. i know the no s*** things not to do, like try to install software that is for a different phone onto mine or turn it off in the middle of the update. i have to make sure which version of the phone i'm getting but i'm pretty sure it's the european version of it , i'll make sure when it's here.

Guest awarner (MVP)
Not sure about the Samsaungs but it's damn near impossible to brick an HTC device by flashing it - I've not managed yet.

It's definitely possible and quite easy to do if you do not know what you are doing. It all depends where the ROM came from and also possible compatibility issues can creep in.

The main question to ask yourself is do you really need to upgrade the ROM? or are you doing it just because its the "jump on the upgrade band wagon" syndrome.

Guest XE_Nerd
It's definitely possible and quite easy to do if you do not know what you are doing. It all depends where the ROM came from and also possible compatibility issues can creep in.

The main question to ask yourself is do you really need to upgrade the ROM? or are you doing it just because its the "jump on the upgrade band wagon" syndrome.

never a good reason to upgrade, the reason i would like to upgrade if i knew i wouldn't brick my phone is for the abvious reasons, microsoft is claiming windows 6 to load some things faster. it would be nice. not needed but nice.

• 1 month later...
Guest Tranzystor (Patrick)

Hello everyone  

I have  big  problem with my phone.  I have instaled into my  phone  wm5 orage   so  i  must  to update  to wm6 because i have  some  problem with  WIFI  and  other   ..... so    in  modaco  wiki   links  to European WM6-Firmware i600UXXGG2   is death  :lol:

Maybe someone  help  me   and  give  this  firmware  on   mail or  other  source  ?

chears Tranzystor@