Bluetooth Headset Battery Dying

Guest username132

Guest username132

My Motorola HT820 headset is less than a year old (about 9 or so months) but I bought it off ebay and don't have any proof of purchase. The battery now lasts about half an hour, as opposed to the original specified 17. What can you suggest?

Guest Mysterious Stranger
My Motorola HT820 headset is less than a year old (about 9 or so months) but I bought it off ebay and don't have any proof of purchase. The battery now lasts about half an hour, as opposed to the original specified 17. What can you suggest?

TBH it sounds like you bought a fake.

http://reviews.ebay.com/Motorola-H700-Blue...000000001869840

M.S

Guest Mysterious Stranger
That doesn't really help... It was no cheaper than all the others and the quality has been fine (with my PC, not so much with my phone) up until now. Do you think I can change the battery?

No. They are sealed units with custom shaped propriatory batteries. You could only swop the battery from another headset.

Battery life like that defo sounds like it's a fake.

M.S

Guest Shuflie

You can always try contacting motorola and giving them the serial number of the headset to see if it is genuine, if it doesn't have one then its most likely a fake. The serial no. might also allow them to do a warranty repair for you even though you don't have your receipt.