SPV E650 de-Brand + Fix Pack 0.5

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest C600Madness

Did it again just now - I suppose I could try a hard reset and hope it goes away? What normally causes these sort of hangs?

Are there firmware updates that cure these (although its a new phone so I assume it must be up to date)

Would appreciate any help - thanks.

Guest C600Madness
Hmm, having said that the phone got stuck at the Orange logo this morning - not sure if it was to do with this install?

Thanks to this forum I found that my phone boots up ok everytime if I take the memory card out first! Slightly annoying but its only once a day I suppose... ;)

Guest budadank

Awesome work Paul! I don't know what the hell Orange were thinking when they did this to their ROM.

It took some time for me to find this thread though, after trying the S710 debrand pack in my naievity and reading through the thread. Might be an idea to sticky this one or link it from the first post of the S710 Debrand thread?

Thanks again!

Guest Maninder

Hi

I dont know the === SOFT KEYS ==== can u plz explain in detail how to format e650 plz. What keys are to be pressed and do we need to switch off the phone before taking any action.

Guest Monolithix

The two just under the screen either side of the joystick, used for the start menu etc when the device is running.

Turn off phone

Hold both softkeys

Briefly tap power until you get a message on screen confirming hard reset (tap fractionally longer on the power button if it doesnt work 1st time)

Press the green key

Or just go to "clear storage" on your start menu, it does the same thing ;))

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Gavin_Morgan

I upgraded to an SPV E650 on the sole basis of this thread, as I hate the fact that Orange brand their phones with all sorts of crap. I upgraded from a SE W850i, which I also debranded and unlocked because Orange branding tends to seriously mess with the phones ability to function normally.

Rest assured, as soon as it arrives today, the SPV will be debranded using your method, so I'd just like to say a big thanks.

Just one question though, your instructions make no mention of using the App Security removal tool from France Telecom first - is this an essential step?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest paulgspence

Great program, many thanks Paul. A big improvement over the Orange styling!

I have to confess though, I do like the Orange home screen arrangement, with the icons down the left-hand side. I'm not keen on the colours or styling though.

On my E650 the Java application icon in the Start Menu appears as a large, lowercase 'e'. Is that intentional?

Hi

I just want to say a big thanks to Paul for the Orange SPV E650 fix-pack. (I was just about sending it back to Orange)

I installed the full de-brand pack 2 days ago and what a difference it's made to my mobile.

It now runs great with no crashes so far and also looks good, i must say i don't know what Orange was thinking about with that dull theme.

I just happened to search the internet to see if i could fix problems with my mobile and came across your website, and im glad i did, very handy site and forum.

1 Question for you.

How do i remove a dead "Shortcut" from the Toolbar at the top, The Shortcut has a "windows icon" on it with a white background. and when clicked it says " "error opening shortcut or locating the target filename".

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Zonda :(

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest smith_ts

OK then people i want to do this but i'm a wuss. I need the pro's and con's.....

I've had my E650 for over a year and been a slow starter as far as 3rd party apps. No compaints about the phone though..

Gots :

i've got Parlingo for IM which is impressive so far and

Emoze for my Work Exchange mail

Mundu Radio is cool

Group SMS a must

RJV Tonesetter is adequate although limited

Smart Explorer EN which is getting on a bit now

Wants :

I want Windows Live purely for Hotmail Push Email and think this is the only to get it....

YouTube player would be a nice luxury...

A nice multi function alarm

Mobile Explorer where i can access my laptops hardisk/network?

Should i do it people and unbrand it? Arguments please......

Edited by smith_ts

Guest Grryhwrth

Hi Paul

Just to say thanks for the work. Bought my phone on Ebay and thought Orange had done a good job on the interface this time - wasn't till I noticed a couple of MoDaCo files on the SD card and investigated this forum that I realised that Orange had done their usual job but you had fixed it.

Thanks again

Gerry

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.