This CAB will allow you to watch m.youtube vids via HTC Streaming Media!

Guest kevinsephiroth

Guest osiris8

Cab installs fine and the app starts as it should on my MTeoR (could just upgrade the rom to get the player in rom, but as I'm going on vacation I don't feel like wiping my phone right now).

Whenever I open a streaming link everything seems to work fine, but then I get the error stated in the first post - after buffering to 100% it just closes (it doesn't start the video at all). Has anyone found a fix to this problem?

• 2 months later...
The same error occurs on my HTC s710. But it also happens when I am connetced to my home WiFi.

The installation was done without problem, but do I need to unlock something additional on my phone?

Or does it has anything to do with my router?

I have the same exact problem, did any find the solution. I did upload the files that XDA developers suggested.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tony C

hello , i download today your CAB. if i try to watch videos from mobile youtube i click on watch now and then your htc streamer is trying to connect somewhere but after 5 seconds is faild. network not finde is the answer. also on the left botton connect there is a rtso:// but no link????

i have an english unlock spv e650 orange but i work with swisscom mobile provider here in switzerland...oooo

my connection is WIFI wireless. can you maybe help me and sorry for my english

regards from switzerland ;)

Guest tony C

OKAY NOW I KNOW WITH WIRELESS LAN THE STREAMER ON MY SPV E650 DONT WORK, BUT IF I PUT OF WIRELESS LAN WIFI ON MY SPV E650 THE VIDEOS FROM YOUTUBE MOBILE WORKS....MMMMM

STREAMING MEDIA AND THEN OPTION THE CONNECTION IS ON " INTERNET" IS THIS WRONG???? BECAUSE WITH EDGE I HAVE TO PAY TO MY PROVIDER SWISSCOM MOBILE SWITZERLAND .

MMMMMMMMMMMMM ;)

This worked like a charm on my French HTC S710 (fully app-unlock off course) .

Just install this CAB on your device, then reboot.

Now every time you 'll clic on a video on m.youtube.com , HTC Streaming Media will pop up, and let you play, pause and stop the video . Great isn't it?

No lag, the vids load in a few seconds with wifi.

Found on XDA-developers.

Cheers

Thanks mate.. found it very useful.

Arvind

• 3 weeks later...

i have a problem with this

i simply installed it from the cab file, turned on my wifi connection, and clicked watch wideo on youtube.

It starts to load something from outer space, and than says "Failed to find Network"

im running Orange.co.uk

could anyone possibly help me ?

Edited by echuu

I don't know why are all of you triyng to run this poor software only for seen Mobile Youtube. With the .cab than you can donwload on this link (needs registration) and TCPMP you can watch and download videos from Youtube, Google Video (also full versions) and other 16 video sites (yeah, adult sites too).

http://discussion.treocentral.com/showthre...431#post1319431

Works very fine.

• 3 months later...
Guest eggedd2k

just tried installing the cab file on my vox (spv 3650).

It just stays on the install screen after selecting where to install (i just get the pie chart spinning icon).

Is there any other way of installing or is this normal?

• 1 month later...
Guest DustyRectum

cant get it to work on my HTC TYTN II, usually it says failed to connect to network but i managed to get a blank window to appear like it opened up something ...... but no go :D

the network im with is Optus

• 1 month later...
Guest vickey4u

i must say that i.m quite relieved after downloading the streaming media player. the vox is my first wm6 ph after having use a series of nokia's symbian ph.s. the videos played so well. it was dissapointing and embaressing to find out that the youtube vids are not viewable on my vox inspite of it being such a smart and sophisticated gadget. but i.m dissapointed to find out that the vids buffer a lot more than they did on the nokia. lag too. the operator is the same though. Solution?

• 1 year later...
Guest puyol93

I have a problem. When did i use it first time, it have woring awesome. but When i want to use second time, it's connecting... and connecting... and All times connecting...

I need help.

PS

I know, my English is low :/

• 4 months later...
Guest highmighty
Does anyone else get a 'server or data timeout' error message?

Yes I'm having the same problem here?! What's the fix for it? I know my rtsp:// link is a good/valid one cause it works fine on my PC using the VLC Player, any ideas?

Thanks all for your time,

highmighty

• 1 year later...