VOX overclocked to 252

Guest ID64

Guest Eldar2k

Thanks for your video. So basically, can anything bad happen to the phone if I overclock it? I mean, it is like chiptuning for cars, you can do it, but something gets worse.

Thanks for your video. So basically, can anything bad happen to the phone if I overclock it? I mean, it is like chiptuning for cars, you can do it, but something gets worse.

Well, it's running hot, using more power as a result - battery life goes down. However, I am using Tornado power control and it's only running at 240 (actually 240 now) only when it's awake. When it's in standby mode it's clocked only to 140 mhz.

Guest paholman
Well, it's running hot, using more power as a result - battery life goes down. However, I am using Tornado power control and it's only running at 240 (actually 240 now) only when it's awake. When it's in standby mode it's clocked only to 140 mhz.

Hi ID64,

How can you tell what speed it's running at?

My "Device Information" only shows 201Mhz as I think it's only hard coded text. Nowhere else in Settings does it tell me the CPU speed on the E650.

Tornado Power Control (TPC) only displays the maximum (228) if I set it from the Menu options within the program.

Trying "dim" from the menu options, doesn't change the speed.

It just says "Started process Power_on.Ink" at all times.

"Toggle" between Low Light and Full Power keeps the CPU Speed at 228mhz within TPC.

After reading the TPC readme (228 is the speed in the registry) and says to run OMAP to get actual speed.

So I did.

OMAP displays 264 only when I load the program manually, even in low light mode.

(BTW 264Mhz seems to work fine on my device, anything higher, buttons stop working, apps hang etc)

I've got the following shortcuts, and values

\Program Files\TornadoPowerControl\Power_UserIdle.lnk

50#"\Program Files\TornadoPowerControl\OmapClock.exe" -clock 140

\Program Files\TornadoPowerControl\Power_on.lnk

50#"\Program Files\TornadoPowerControl\OmapClock.exe" -clock 264

\Program Files\TornadoPowerControl\Power_BacklightOff.lnk

50#"\Program Files\TornadoPowerControl\OmapClock.exe" -clock 180

Windows/Startup/TornadoPowerControl.exe.lnk

60#"\Program Files\TornadoPowerControl\TornadoPowerControl.exe" hide

From the above, I've no idea wwhether TPC is actually working in low light levels or idle

How do I check?

What are your settings?

Is there any other way of checking the current CPU speed? With light dimmed and with backlight on?

Edited by paholman

Guest paholman

Also tried load.exe

I installed load.exe (v1.01) into \Windows (Download from here:- http://www.modaco.com/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=730277 )

Changed the content of Windows\Startup\TornadoPowerControl.exe.lnk to:

43#"\Windows\load.exe" -hide "\Program Files\TornadoPowerControl\TornadoPowerControl.exe" bright hide

OMAP still shows 264Mhz, how can I view the CPU speeds of backlightOff or Idle?

What am I doing wrong?

Edited by paholman

Guest magio

My OMAP shows the correct clock at 252MHz, and when I change to one of the other setting files the clock in OMAP changes accordingly :)

Thanks ID64

Guest paholman
My OMAP shows the correct clock at 252MHz, and when I change to one of the other setting files the clock in OMAP changes accordingly :)

Thanks ID64

Perhaps I'm missing the obvious but how do you load Omap and check the Backlight_Off mode?

OMAP doesn't refresh itself so you can't load it and wait for the light to go out.

As soon as you press a key the backlight activates and the Power_On shortcut is activated., so back to full speed.

Guest magio
Perhaps I'm missing the obvious but how do you load Omap and check the Backlight_Off mode?

OMAP doesn't refresh itself so you can't load it and wait for the light to go out.

As soon as you press a key the backlight activates and the Power_On shortcut is activated., so back to full speed.

I guess I didn't get me right :)

I went to the directory where the setting files are and clicked on them, then I went back to the OMAP program and the clock was changed accordingly..

Dont know if it actualy changes settings when the backlight goes off though, thats not for me to answer.

Edited by magio

Guest intox

very new to my vox smartphone...step by step guidelines to overclock my vox plz? And necessary apps i need to do this? Thanks

• 6 months later...
Guest Victor Hogemann

Just installed on my Vox.

Running at 252Mhz without any issues until now.

Seriously, the phone is much more usable now. HTC should ship the phone running at 250MHz from the factory!