What would your ideal Phone look like?

Guest Alex_le_brit

Guest Alex_le_brit

Iwas thinking this morning about what my ideal Smartphone would look like. Not what its software would do, we've had threads on that, but it's form. I still use my old E200 with the Eleksen flexible keyboard for times like camping, or festivals when I'd be worried about losing or damaging my Universal, so that set me thinking, and this was a rough photoshop of what I came up with.

phone.jpg

phone2.jpg

phone3.jpg

Phones have got a lot slimmer, and LCDs have become flexible, so there's a lot more scope I figure than there used to be. So what we've got here is the Eleksen flexible keyboard permanently attached to the phone in place of its big bulky stand. On the outside there's a slim LCD display (ok so it might only be monochrome IRL) and the four way joystick buttons with the call and hang up.

With the outside buttons and LCD you could access the basic controls on the phone to make and receive calls, a bit like a clamshell. If you wanted to do more you'd simply open up the keyboard/case and voila full control. The phone could even fold all the way back, so you could use the camera etc. It could I guess even be combined with a touch screen.

Just some thoughts, I'm wondering what anyone else would really like their phone to look like, if they could persuade HTC to build it.

Edited by Alex_le_brit

Guest darkswitch

Haha good idea for a topic and some good ideas for a phone very nice :)

BTW why would you use Windows Mobile 2003 for the OS? Found a snag there in your perfect device :P.

My idea is simplistic and alot of MoDaCo users must of wished the VOX had this function when it was released.

post-160616-1182731277_thumb.jpg

A Vox with a PPC OS!

Useful and Pocket Friendly ;)

EDIT: Laugh at my Paint and Screen Capture skills, I know I am :D

Edited by darkswitch

Guest mikeeey

here it is...

http://www.modaco.com/The-condition-of-my-...DA-t256326.html

haha jk.

mine would be a kaiser with

-a VERY bright flash, maybe some infrared night vision too.

-6+ MP camera

-even faster processor (maybe a minimum of 3GHZ?)

-multitouch

-higher resolution screen without the screen needing to get bigger

-30+gb Hardrive

-2+GB Ram

-Multiple OS's (WINmobile and WINxp)

-a very long battery life

-projector laser keyboard

-projector!

il probably add more lol

Edited by mikeeey

Guest Alex_le_brit

Why'd I use 2003 in the photoshop? Well it was the first piccie I came across that was roughly the right angle when I Google image searched for Smartphone.

Interesting ideas, but this is more about the features within, not the look of the thing itself.

Forgot to add, in my perfect phone I'd have a 3.5 mm stereo jack for headphones/microphone, none of this silly 2.5mm or USB rubbish.

Guest Alex_le_brit
What I can never understand is why nobody's integrated one of these into a phone handset. :)

Oh yes, I completely forgot them

PRDBIG1_projector%20keyboard%20big.jpg

One of those would make my little toy redundant, and somewhere I'm sure I read about a micro-LCD projector that's small enough to be built in to a phone too.

Imagine that, projecting your keyboard onto your desk and the sreen image or film onto the wall. Now that would be seriously cool.

Edited by Alex_le_brit

Guest mikeeey
Why'd I use 2003 in the photoshop? Well it was the first piccie I came across that was roughly the right angle when I Google image searched for Smartphone.

Interesting ideas, but this is more about the features within, not the look of the thing itself.

Forgot to add, in my perfect phone I'd have a 3.5 mm stereo jack for headphones/microphone, none of this silly 2.5mm or USB rubbish.

actually i like 2.5 and usb. the reason is they have a lot more headphone + mic's for 2.5. and the usb you wont have to worry about anything not working or that "stuck in headset mode". what i mean by things breaking, well, one time just after using my headset over and over it stopped working. i imagine it punctured something inside. with usb theres no need to worry about that.

but then again i like 3.5 too lol, i was just stating why i still like the others.

Guest mikeeey
I'm surprised no-one's commented on the fact I used an Apple iPhone !!

lol why would you do such a thing?.. less buttons?

Oh yes, I completely forgot them

PRDBIG1_projector%20keyboard%20big.jpg

One of those would make my little toy redundant, and somewhere I'm sure I read about a micro-LCD projector that's small enough to be built in to a phone too.

Imagine that, projecting your keyboard onto your desk and the sreen image or film onto the wall. Now that would be seriously cool.

haha ive added those 2 things to my ideal phone now too.

Edited by mikeeey