The official HTC Kaiser (P4550) 'Ask Paul' thread

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
Not sure about the Kaiser Chief puns :P but a couple of questions:

1. I have a M3100 and seriously want something smaller. How does it feel in terms of weight and overall dimensions to the Hermes?

2. Can you confirm if it's a Sirfstar GPS or the gpsOne?

1. It's quite heavy, but not unpleasantly so, and it feels much much smaller :)

2. gpsOne I believe (not 100% sure on that tho), but that's fine... the Trinity uses a Qualcomm GPS chipset and is great.

P

Guest Special2k3
It does.

P

Ok, thank you.

Would it be possible that you install TomTom or Mobile Navigator on the device and do a little test drive?

Also some more pictures with the cam would be nice, but you already said that you'll post some. :)

Special2k3

Edited by Special2k3

Guest Paul (MVP)

About time HTC made a half decent camera innit! Autofocus takes a second or two which is par for the course but a little annoying.

P

Guest toon9

I'd be interested to know what the time to first fix is with say Tom Tom Navigator 6.

Is there any GPS software installed that speeds this up ?

Curious to know what version of Bluetoth Software is present also.............then again - test ROM might differ from production unit.

Guest Paul (MVP)

The only USA operator i've had confirmed to date is AT&T i'm afraid... of course a HTC branded SIM free unit will work fine on T-Mo USA.

P

Guest calvin42

can you please state how much free program and storage memory is there? I have a universal now at it has very low free memory after some hours of use...

calvin

Guest Paul (MVP)

A time of writing I have a whole ton of apps open and still have over 50MB Program Memory free, and over 100MB of Storage Memory!

P

Guest goody301
Theoretically yes, I don't have one to try tho :)

P

Is there a SDHC logo on the device or does the manual say so? May I ask what is the source of your answer?

Please excuse this questioning, but large memory card capacity is very important for me.