The official HTC Kaiser (P4550) 'Ask Paul' thread

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest RickDawson

Would this be a worthy upgrade to the Universal ?

Could you somehow get a set comparison photos, or just the one where it is next to previous devices, so I get a better idea of the size of it.

Edited by RickDawson

Guest Paul (MVP)

I was told by someone from HTC it is SDHC compatible.

Upgrade to Universal? Smaller non VGA screen, but i'd have it over my Universal anyday!

I'll get some more pics up soon, a sizeasy.com comparison would give you a good idea of size.

P

Guest n20nine

wow,

congrats paul. anyway, some sites say that the weight of the kaiser is 192g, while some say that it is 160g. Which is the right one Paul?

thanks a bunch.

Guest goody301

Lets hope that this "someone from HTC knew what he/she was talking about...

Only factual test will show evidence.

You really do not need a new large memory card ;-) ?

Guest Linus-s

Can you make a picture of the device from each side? (in high quality, like the first picture in this topic)

Do you know how much the Kaiser will cost?

Guest Stuart_f

Sign me up for one! I only hope T-Mobile don't make theirs pink again.

Impressive camera but is that a scratch above the front wheelarch on your pride and joy Paul?

Guest n20nine

thanks for the reply paul. man, 192g is gonna be pretty heavy...but still nothing can stop me from getting this wonderful device :) the latest news here in malaysia is that it will be out in August.

Guest Pepeto

Which is the maximum recording resolution for video?

I'm too very impressed with the quality of the camera... Who wants a compact camera????

Guest Paul (MVP)
Impressive camera but is that a scratch above the front wheelarch on your pride and joy Paul?

No scratch, must be either dirt or reflection :)

P

Guest markdotpeters5

Yeah that would be nice. Always wondered why Windows devices always supported such rubbish video resolutions given their superior processing power.

I use the video recording on my N95 quite a bit.

Guest German-User

are you working for htc? .. can you tell us something about the htc touch... ill want to know, when the wasabe green version will be avaible? :)

.. can you give us a price for the kaiser?

Guest mikeeey
Apparently the device can support 640x480 video at 30fps tho, so here's hoping for an improvement in later ROMs :)

P

paul......CoolCamera..?

these pictures are great already. is the AF better than the 8525's macro mode, or about the same?

id like to see how the pictures look with coolcamera, better yet, the videos. can you take some pictures and videos using coolcamera?

post-1-1183205536_thumb.jpg

btw this picture looks so well taken, its like one of those hi-res pictures you would find on the car website.

Edited by mikeeey

Guest cgcmd

Thanks Paul for this good Q&A session!

May I know is there a keyboard backlight? Does it auto turn on when sensing darkness or need any button clicks? What is the colour of the light??

Thanks!

Guest mikeeey

o and also this may sound weird, but can you take a picture of the water comming down from a shower? if you have the right camera it looks so cool!

look at these 2 pics from bengalboy.com. it was taken with the Sony Erickson K790i:

62897358.jpg

62897360.jpg

i wanna know if the kaiser can capture individual droplets of water.

Edited by mikeeey

Guest Paul (MVP)
are you working for htc? .. can you tell us something about the htc touch... ill want to know, when the wasabe green version will be avaible? :)

.. can you give us a price for the kaiser?

The Wasabi Green Touch is due in stock at selected retailers shortly.

Price will probably be around £475.

P