Paul Reviews.... the HTC TyTN II (Kaiser)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest mikeeey
Kaiser support area now online at http://Kaiser.MoDaCo.com :)

P

there sure is a whole lot there lol.

I've used CoolCamera on other WM6 devices, so I assume it's just a Kaiser issue.

P

i hope this issue will be fixed by the time it officially comes out.

Guest mikeeey

look guys, more kaiser reviews!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQgrUKbW9qs

btw paul do u think the "ask paul" thread should have been closed? shouldnt that have been used strictly for asking questions and this for discussing it?

if not then here's my question.

how much usable RAM and ROM is avaible on the current ROM your using?

Edited by mikeeey

Guest Paul (MVP)
btw paul do u think the "ask paul" thread should have been closed? shouldnt that have been used strictly for asking questions and this for discussing it?

One had to be closed, doesn't really matter which... longer term I think the review thread is where people will go!

P

Guest whoster69

Paul, I've got a question for you. I'm about ready to get my first WM phone. I've placed the HTC Advantage X7501 on order at Amazon for $850. I really like the size of the screen and that it's got VGA. A faster processor is nice too with the extra memory. What I'd like to know is would you recommend the Kaiser over the X7501 and if so why? I'm new to mobiles and would appreciate your input. I know that the Kaiser is smaller (a plus for it and a minus for the X7501) but it seems the X7501 beats it in all other specs. Am I missing something or not paying attention to things I should?

Thanks again for the review and updated info. This really helps!

Paul, I've got a question for you. I'm about ready to get my first WM phone. I've placed the HTC Advantage X7501 on order at Amazon for $850. I really like the size of the screen and that it's got VGA. A faster processor is nice too with the extra memory. What I'd like to know is would you recommend the Kaiser over the X7501 and if so why? I'm new to mobiles and would appreciate your input. I know that the Kaiser is smaller (a plus for it and a minus for the X7501) but it seems the X7501 beats it in all other specs. Am I missing something or not paying attention to things I should?

Thanks again for the review and updated info. This really helps!

Depends what your needs are, I would go for the Kaiser over any other pocket pc on the market.

Reason excellent Keyboard, GPS, WM6, Small enough to be pocketable (Size & Weight) there are many more pros.

Can be used like a regular phone.

The HTC Advantage X7501 is more like a laptop so if you need the more power features it has I would go for that device.

For me out on the weekends couldn't see myself with the Advantage casue of the size and having to carry around a headset or a bluetooth headset would put me off.

Most of the people than own devices like this have more than one phone a smaller devices for when you need it.

Guest whoster69
Depends what your needs are, I would go for the Kaiser over any other pocket pc on the market.

Reason excellent Keyboard, GPS, WM6, Small enough to be pocketable (Size & Weight) there are many more pros.

Can be used like a regular phone.

The HTC Advantage X7501 is more like a laptop so if you need the more power features it has I would go for that device.

For me out on the weekends couldn't see myself with the Advantage casue of the size and having to carry around a headset or a bluetooth headset would put me off.

Most of the people than own devices like this have more than one phone a smaller devices for when you need it.

I see what you mean about the size issue, but the trade off is a much smaller screen (about 4 times smaller). I'm also considering carrying another phone in case I need one to fit in my pocket and since this device is unlocked, I can do that when I sign up. This also has VGA too which is a big plus. I have a hard time imagining that I could use a screen like the 8525 (which is about what the Kaiser has) to view the web and read email. When I looked at the 8525 about 6 months ago, it just seemed to small. Maybe I'm mistaken here, since I haven't lived with one of these devices though.

I completely agree about having to carry a BT headset. That has been one of my big concerns with this device.

As far as GPS and WM6, they're both on the X7501.

Thanks for the input. Let me know if you see anything else. The Kaiser does seem like a great device. I'm just trying to figure out if the smaller QVGA screen & smaller size is better or the bigger but bulkier VGA screen is better, since that does seem to be the primary difference.

Edited by whoster69

Guest mikeeey
One had to be closed, doesn't really matter which... longer term I think the review thread is where people will go!

P

o well alright then.

how much usable RAM and ROM is avaible on the current ROM your using?

also i noticed there's an audio manager. it still comes with WMP right?

Edited by mikeeey

Guest GordonTGopher

:P

4 posts down from the top of this page i already posted 2 reviews including this one. if you look at the youtube comments you'l' notice i was the first to comment.

:) Sorry been a long day and was catching up on some feeds, and assumed it was new, for some reason I never clicked through on your links or I'd have known

Gordon

Guest mikeeey
:P

:) Sorry been a long day and was catching up on some feeds, and assumed it was new, for some reason I never clicked through on your links or I'd have known

Gordon

lol well i dont normally just post random links. they will be there for a purpose.

i wonder when we will start seeing AT&T's version of the Kaiser. i believe it will be called the 8925 (cause in the cingular/ATT test rom they called it the 8925 rom)

EDIT: just found this topic on HowardForums. he talks about discussing the AT&T 8925 with a guy at the cingular store:

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1170021

so it looks like that is what it will be called.

Edited by mikeeey

Guest jfmart

Hi,

I'd like to know whether the Kaiser will have Blackberry Connect. My company uses blackberries and I won't be able to change that. It would be a real plus if the Kaiser could be used with the blackberry sevice.

Thanks.

Guest florincostescu

P

Paul, I went to http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=pdacomparer

for a short comparison between tytn and kaiser. Seems that htc is offering limited improvements(the nice sliding panel, nice double hsdpa, hsupa and...gps...well I use gps external module since I bought my tytn) and is taking away some good communication channels(irda out, one umts band out) plus extra weight. Considering this is not an official advertising site for htc I have to ask for a good argument to drop my wm6 tytn for kaiser(the cpu clock speed is also lower but technical specs seems higher as far as I red).

Guest Paul (MVP)

GPS, memory, physical size, speed, tilting screen, rubberised keyboard with caps / FN lights, 3 megapixel decent camera, HSUPA... to name but a few.

:)

P

Guest juiceppc
GPS, memory, physical size, speed, tilting screen, rubberised keyboard with caps / FN lights, 3 megapixel decent camera, HSUPA... to name but a few.

:)

P

Hey Paul I have a question I've been really concerned about(hope it wasn't already answered).

Does the Kaiser have instant on like the Wizard or does it delay a second or so like the Tytn/8525? This is my biggest complaint with the Tytn. It's so annoying to me. I'll hit the button and if it doesn't come on I'm not sure if I hit it correctly so I hit it again and wait. Maybe small but very annoying to me.

Thanks for all the info! Gettin' this device either way but "instant on" would be nice.

Edited by juiceppc

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.