Paul Reviews.... the HTC TyTN II (Kaiser)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Fasten
So this "Taster" Edition, it sounds like it sucks a**. If it is only possible to install 1 city to it, how about everywhere else? I guess I have to buy the full version.. But how much is that? And is it worth the money compared to free programs like Smart2Go?

Just preparing....

Eh, I don't think this is the topic to discuss navigation software and about price and functionality, just google and you will find lots of sites...

Guest Rowdy.nl
So this "Taster" Edition, it sounds like it sucks a**. If it is only possible to install 1 city to it, how about everywhere else? I guess I have to buy the full version.. But how much is that? And is it worth the money compared to free programs like Smart2Go?

Just preparing....

From a forum at a dutch website; the cards for western Europe will cost about EUR 99,-. Personally I've only seen older versions of Route66 and multiple versions of TomTom. I'm very pleased with TomTom, but if it's worth the money? That's a choiuce you have to make. I personally think it is... ;)

Guest linooliveira
Yes, it is, the 'Taster' edition.

P

Which is the diference between "taster" and "full" version?

It is only the map included, one city for taster and one of the available maps for the full version?

Or there are differences in the program itself?

Regards from Portugal

Guest Shuflie
I still want a device with a Psion series 5 keyboard :wub:

Can't believe no one has picked up on this already. I've got a device with a Psion Series 5 keyboard, it's a Psion Series 5!! Want to swap for your Kaiser? ;)

Guest frydryce
There are NO Windows Mobile virii (?) in the wild, and not even any viable proofs of concept that i'm aware of.

There IS a Symbian virus that caused some damage, although it's debatable whether that too actually counts as a virus.

In summary, your IT department are talking out of their a***.

;)

P

yeah i figured that. its a shame that the 4th largest accounting firm in the world can't get their heads around technology. i believe we are one of the largest in Europe, and yet we can't find the money for good IT hardware and networking support =T.

Guest Grasshopper

Just saw this on (BG)

UPDATE: Sorry, we forgot to add this in…We’ve been told the HTC TyTN II, or AT&T 8925 should be launching October 1st on AT&T. Hopefully that will stick.

Guest Tones@
Just saw this on (BG)

UPDATE: Sorry, we forgot to add this in…We’ve been told the HTC TyTN II, or AT&T 8925 should be launching October 1st on AT&T. Hopefully that will stick.

Well, that's BAD news. I hope it DOESN'T stick, since that's about a month past the first Sept 3 estimate made. What's the source of this information?

Tony

Guest Grasshopper
Well, that's BAD news. I hope it DOESN'T stick, since that's about a month past the first Sept 3 estimate made. What's the source of this information?

Tony

BOY GENIUS

;) Expansys Hungary's (and Germany and France as well) release date moved from 5th september to 14th September.

Funny because UK release date is still 7th september. That's unfair <_< But maybe that have too many preorders because GER/FRA/HUN... etc. source (in english series) have they stock, i know, from the same place..

I prefer PayPal as payment method but only expansys has such a feature in the EU. Any other suggestions before this time?

Guest Tones@
BOY GENIUS

Yeah, I see it there - but whats the source of THEIR information? I still don't believe ANY dates I read unless from AT&T directly as an official announcement. That's what's so stupid about blog sites - it's all just speculation that people take as fact. ;)

Based upon a LOGICALLY DEDUCED timeframe, considering the timing of the TyTN II availability, the reports of final ROM from AT&T here, the Tuesday release dates of most USA products, and the typical lag period of things coming to the USA, I'd say this will get released on September 17. Who wants to bet? :wub:

Tony

Guest Tones@
Can we even BUY the unlocked TyTN II here in the USA? I thought the Qualcomm chipset was baned unless subsidized to Broadcom directly by the carriers. Is this not the case?

Tony

I want to re-ask this question, as I did not get an initial answer. Does anyone know if buying an unlocked TyTN II in the USA is possible?

Tony

Guest NuShrike
I want to re-ask this question, as I did not get an initial answer. Does anyone know if buying an unlocked TyTN II in the USA is possible?
The US sellers have been listed many times. You could search my posts also.

Guest Tones@
The US sellers have been listed many times. You could search my posts also.

I know WHERE to get it, my question is if it is actually LEGAL. I don't see how it could be, given the ban on the Qualcomm chips.

Tony

1. As TyTN II lacks FM-radio... is it possible to stream internet-radio with it (assuming flat-rate for data)?

Using Opera, Media player or other software? Does streaming web-radio like this work well as a substitute for "real" radio? Or do you have to keep still in order to get non-interrupted audio (if the reception/signal strength is a little low)?

2. I really hope the pictures taken with the TyTN II by Paul is closer to the truth of the quality of the camera than that ADVERT LINK REMOVED review...

3. I know you can change the background. Is this true also for the calendar?

/Peter

Guest Special2k3

Hey Paul,

did you already test the connection between a notebook and the TyTn II?

My provider just gave me 250 instead of 30 MB for the same price each month, so i would like to know if i can use the UMTS "power" on my notebook via the TyTn II without problems (and without wires).

Special2k3

http://www.2call.nl/telefoons_detail.php?ID=548 This is the best deal so far in NL, but I'm not sure if you can preorder.

http://www.algebeld.nl/ also has a pretty good deal.

Guest Brounoh

looking at the prices of expansys:

US - 799.95$

UK - 484.95£

FR - 774.95€

I let you look at the exchange rates...

quickly without cal, the US prices is about 200€ cheapers than FR and 120£ cheaper than UK...

sweet <_<

damn weak USD

Edited by Brounoh

Guest gregersdk

Hey, my danish contact says, that the TyTN II (I liked Kaiser better...) will not come to TDC (Denmark's biggest provider) yet, because the software has to many errors. He says, that in the standard test, it failed 70%! Hope it's an exaggeration.. The only errors he actually told me, is that the phone dies (or turns off) if someone's calling you, while sitting on the net, and the phone will turn off and erase all personal data if lying unused for a couple of hours.. The last one I just can't believe... Hope he's only trying to scare me...

says, that in the standard test, it failed 70%!

other kaiser brands (o2, voda, T-mo, att...etc.) why didn't rejected the phone then? Them it's more important a stable release than anyone because of the costumers they are in contract with them. But maybe this explains the delay of US release to october 1st.

BTW i'm waiting Paul's answer about this statement.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.