Paul Reviews.... the HTC TyTN II (Kaiser)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Special2k3
I spoke to eXpansys today, and the stock will come in bit by bit, starting with a small number tomorrow! ;)

P

Paul, if you speak to expansys for some reason again, could you ask if the shipping date for the german QWERTZ version is fix?

Thank you very much.

Special2k3

I spoke to eXpansys today, and the stock will come in bit by bit, starting with a small number tomorrow! ;)

P

Is that also the case for the USA orders from Mobileplanet.com?

Tony

Guest Brounoh

Am very excited :D to say that I had a TyTN II in my hands 5 mins ago.

At teh Jubilee Centre in Canary Wharf there is a HTC Stand during all the week.

They have 1 TyTN II... plenty of touch :wub:

The girl told me that tomorrow they ll have more details and brochures etc

GOOD INFO is

Orange and T Mobile are already selling it.

Orange store of Canary Wharf already sell it.

She told me that O2 is probably getting it in few months ;)

Tonight I ll try to upload the 2 pics I did

In comparison of my old Qtek S110 , it is bit heavier but much faster...

weirdly, the rom as not the TomTom taster...

Guest sc0user_75

Brounoh are you certain t mobile are selling it? Or is this just something the girl at the stand said? Reason I ask is I just read an article saying that they were gonna delay it due to t mobile being unhappy with the way the phone was running.

Guest Webreaper
Orange and T-Mobile are NOT already selling it :wub:

Paul, any chance you could give your contacts at Expansys a call and find out what the score is on handsets with Voda contracts with unlimited data? I'd like to pre-order and have asked Expansys the question myself, but no response. ;)

will come in bit by bit, starting with a small number tomorrow! :wub:

Paul, you can say that each day they get one kaiser (bit by bit)... ;)

What the small number means? 1,2,3,4,5,6?

Hi,

I'm due an upgrade from vodafone, they've offered me the following:

* 500mins with stop the clock

* 500 texts

* Internet usage (120mb per month)

for £32.50 per month on a 12 month contract (as I definitely DONT want to go back onto an 18month contract)

but they are also wanting £100 for the V1615.

Is this a good deal, in anyone's opinion?

thanks for any input

Anyone had any better deals from vodafone?

Also, I've not used a smartfone before, is it realistically possible to go over 120mb? I dont intend to download mp3's or anything, but I can certainly see myself being online for several hours a day, browsing, reading, emails etc.

I think t-mobile offer unlimited internet.

wow, £32 is a bit huge for us as a plan. In our country an unlimited HSDPA/3G/EDGE internet at vodafone is about $25 so about £12, T-mo and the 3rd courrier is offering 5Gigs of net (same as voda) for this price. The voda's only restriction for his dataplan that not to use the net for warez or downloading many apps/mp3s :D

Okay in your plan that you have 500min and 500 texts but would you use such an amount credit for this price? If the answer is not and you'd like to use the net but not to talk too much or sending many texts try to find an other plan which is more internet friendly but 120mb could be enough. Try to install a net-meter (DUmeter, BWmeter, netlimiter...etc.) to your desktop PC and you will find out what kind of data amount you generate with a similar browsing (and try not to download files and others).

I'm a prepaid card user because i don't want to pledge myself to anykind of services, but we also have almost the same services for the same prices as the plan-users.

I don't know if in your country T-mo has somekind of restriction at web'n'walk (as unlimited data-plan) in your country but i think 200-300mb will be farly enough for a normal, wireless usage. Okay, this is my wireless-usage, but it's up to you, you know what you're doing most when you are using your phone. ;)

If you won't browsing too much and you don't have big email-traffic and you like to talk much or like to send many SMSes could be a good plan, but i think this is a bit expensive (compared to Hungarian tarrifs). I just can't talk 500mins or send 500 texts a month :wub:

Guest Special2k3

It seems that the first happy user should receive their device within the next 2 days. I'm very excited about the first impressions of the final rom.

I think i have to wait a little bit longer for the german version. ;)

Special2k3

Guest Syphon Filter

I've just been on the blower to T-Mobile.

They've offered me

Flext 35 + WnW Plus for just over £25, no device...but that means I'll probably get the TyTN II offline HTC branded...probably the MoDaCo special offer from expansys.

What do you guys think?

Guest Syphon Filter
Seems a good deal! How long is the contract?

Looks like everyone will be shipping initial stocks tomorrow then!

P

18 monther...as my original Flext 35 + WnW (regular) was.

Remember this is without a new handset...but I'll be saving on my current line rental and, in theory, be getting a better service with WnW Plus

Guest GordonTGopher
I've just been on the blower to T-Mobile.

They've offered me

Flext 35 + WnW Plus for just over £25, no device...but that means I'll probably get the TyTN II offline HTC branded...probably the MoDaCo special offer from expansys.

What do you guys think?

"list" price for that package seems to be £42, less the £15 discount for renewing without an upgrade is £27 so it doesn't appear to be "special" having said that it's a good deal ;)

Gordon

Guest Syphon Filter
Hmm like the look of that....so does the Tytn have a built in FM radio then?

No it doesnt. It's more for use as handsfree and for media playback...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.