Sidekick 3 on T-Mobile UK?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Mysterious Stranger
Since when did T-Mo UK offer the Sidekick 3? :)

Launched January IIRC. Posters all over bus shelters near me featuring it with web'n'walk.

http://danger.com/press/pr.php?cat=2006&id=20061218a

Wonder if T-Mo US are stock dumping in prep for the new Sidekicks? The T-Mo UK site does mention 'limited stocks'...?

Doubt it. They'd need substantial re-work for sale in the UK. Keyboards, O.S, GPRS settings, charger, manuals, packaging etc...

The Hiptop it's based on is still current in the US. The new 'Sidekick ID' is a feature reduced cheaper version ( no bluetooth or camera IIRC).

M.S

Guest Confucious

Strange, I noticed this on T-Mobs site yesterday for the first time as well. Sure it wasn't there last time I looked (certainly within the past month).

Guest Swampie

It's certainly been there for a while (few weeks). I've been checking for the Kaiser every so often and saw this appear a while back and thought it couldn't be good news - simply because T-Mobile aren't going to be adding too many of these sorts of devices over a short period of time.

It's certainly been there for a while (few weeks). I've been checking for the Kaiser every so often and saw this appear a while back and thought it couldn't be good news - simply because T-Mobile aren't going to be adding too many of these sorts of devices over a short period of time.

Yeah but this one's pitched at the yoof market with all the IM capability etc.

No office suite, poor web browser, no touchscreen, no expansion capability, built in battery, no 3G, poor media player, propriatory Java OS, no 3rd party apps....

Horses for courses. There is a market for it but I doubt it'll eat too many MDA sales. The built in battery is an archaic anomaly in this day and age. The Hiptop / Sidekick / Danger / Suncom unit is marketed almost as a disposable fashion device.

M.S

Sidekicks still sell by the bucketload stateside though, very strange!

P

Not strange at all. Tie-ups with MTV, rappers, the Hilton sisters etc...

http://www.hiptop.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=38385

"When Snoop Dogg needs laundry advice who does he turn to? Paris Hilton, Wayne Newton and Burt Reynolds among others - all via his T-Mobile Sidekick. At least he does in the latest Sidekick commercial from T-Mobile. Snoop get his answers and states that "Everybody needs a Sidekick." "

etc etc....

More hype and promo then there's ever been for a HTC based device from the same carrier.

Plus the fact that 'two way' pagers were the 'in' thing before the sidekick. The US is suited to a mobile messanger that doesn't do a lot else.

Someone send a Beckham an MDA, quick.

M.S