deleting text messages

Guest whammy

Guest whammy

ok, so i have about 3000 text messages and everytime i delete them..when i restart my phone, they come back! it's annoying because it takes hours to delete all those messages. i have about 6000 in all and i have to do it while im asleep because it takes THAT long.

so my question is; anyone else have this issue? and what can i do to make it stop?

im on dial up and i tried to search, but it took to long, so if this had been asked already please don't yell at me! :) haha.

Guest M1TNT
ok, so i have about 3000 text messages and everytime i delete them..when i restart my phone, they come back! it's annoying because it takes hours to delete all those messages. i have about 6000 in all and i have to do it while im asleep because it takes THAT long.

so my question is; anyone else have this issue? and what can i do to make it stop?

im on dial up and i tried to search, but it took to long, so if this had been asked already please don't yell at me! :) haha.

Not sure if this is related but I find that if I dont go to the task manager and stop the inbox that is running in the programs running list I end up losing a few recent txt msg that may have come in. Its almost like the database has not closed in in effect not saved the changes.

It maybe the same for deleting them - so deleat a few then go into settings and running programs and end the task and then do the reset and see if that solves your problem. Like I say this does seem to fix my new txt msg from disappearing if I do a reset after getting some and the SMS inbox is still running in the back ground.

All the best

Guest whammy
Not sure if this is related but I find that if I dont go to the task manager and stop the inbox that is running in the programs running list I end up losing a few recent txt msg that may have come in. Its almost like the database has not closed in in effect not saved the changes.

It maybe the same for deleting them - so deleat a few then go into settings and running programs and end the task and then do the reset and see if that solves your problem. Like I say this does seem to fix my new txt msg from disappearing if I do a reset after getting some and the SMS inbox is still running in the back ground.

All the best

I lose some of my new text messages too. I thought my phone was just screwy, lol. It also will send emails from my hotmail account through a text message to random ppl...I have no idea what makes it do that. I finally just stopped using hotmail and deleted all my mail because ppl would respond to whatever random email it decided to send to people and they would be like...what the hell are you talking about, it was kinda embarrasing! But yes, i will try that as soon as my phone gets done deleting.

Guest whammy

yeah, that didnt work :) i deleted 1200 messages and did what u said and then restarted and they where all back again. WTF? i might have to clear out the whole storage...that sucks.

Guest M1TNT
yeah, that didnt work :) i deleted 1200 messages and did what u said and then restarted and they where all back again. WTF? i might have to clear out the whole storage...that sucks.

OH MAN ! thats a bit of a bummer - I was not sure if it would work or not as I have not had that problem.

real pain that.

Wish you luck on solving this one.

Guest jimbouk

Don't restart your phone for a few days after emptying the folder. It takes time for the device to write to the registry and with that many texts (!!!) you are simply defeating the object by restarting it after deleting them.

Guest whammy
Don't restart your phone for a few days after emptying the folder. It takes time for the device to write to the registry and with that many texts (!!!) you are simply defeating the object by restarting it after deleting them.

when i had deleted them all that one time it was a day or so later and the only reason i restarted was because my phone froze :) dang this sucks, wish i woulda never let the accumulate like this!

Guest whammy

when i had deleted them all that one time it was a day or so later and the only reason i restarted was because my phone froze sad.gif dang this sucks, wish i woulda never let the accumulate like this!

Guest xeno1

How are you resetting your phone? Virtually every time I reset my phone after doing something like that using the pin hole reset on the side of my wizard, everything I just changed comes back (not sure if that is by design or not) but if I use the power button to reset it makes the changes I made.

Guest jimbouk

As above, don't soft reset. USe the power button.

I would also suggest that a hard reset may be worth it anyway. You will find your device so much quicker following a hard reset - you could even whack WM6 on it.