Kaiser on Orange

Guest porkpie

Guest rickyburke
Yeah it does seem strange - I've definitely got a meeting and it's meant to be with Tytn II.

When they originally phoned up I didn't take the call directly and just said I'd only see someone if they had the Tytn II. The guy said he knew they were getting it but that he'd have to look into it and phone back in half an hour, which I thought would be the end of it. But he did and hence the meeting on 15th.

Could be a little lie to get their foot in the door?

Chris

Orange have just majorly updated their Coming Soon page, from 3 devices up to about 10. The TyTn II still isnt there.

T-Mobile here i come.

Guest Sideburnt

Oh dear I must have pressed 9, to speak to the knuckle dragging department.

I must have had the slowest support guy on earth, his name is Jim by the way if you get him you'll know heeee taaaalllkkkks reeeeeaaalllll sssslloooooowww

No help

No more information

I hung up when he asked me what I ment by integrated GPS, I told him his brain was making me feel woozy and that I had to pick my kids up from the sawmill *click*

T mobile is becoming more and more attractive. they just sound like a second rate company, I mean what kind of a name is T mobile, what does the T stand for? does Mr T run the show?... at least they seem to have good relations with HTC, ~I mean they managed to get a redesigned handset from them the Vaio III.

LOL! This thread is making me laugh...don't Orange have any awareness of what's going on? I totally know what you mean sideburnt!

I'm a heavy user on Orange, and I called up yesterday...I asked them about switching networks - expecting some kind of sales talk or transfer to retentions...nothing! They just said if I wanted to change I'd need a PAC code, and I'd have to see out the rest of my contract...I can upgrade for free in the last three months of my contract, but if I want to change networks - it's pay to get out time...

Web'n'walk on t-mobile is looking appealing...

...is it worth calling up and asking to speak with someone in retentions?

I'm not sure I could wait until December...grrrrrrrrr...

J.

Orange have just majorly updated their Coming Soon page, from 3 devices up to about 10. The TyTn II still isnt there.

T-Mobile here i come.

Yes, and every single one of the 10 handsets looks about as capable as a banana.

I mean c'mon Orange, who the hell wants a Nokia E61i with a full qwerty keypad slapped below the screen, it looks like you should be building houses with it not making a phone call.

Surely you would think that Orange would select their products on the demand for them.

Guest Sten2005

I've just spoken to Orange Business Retentions.

Without prompting (I was asking what deal they could offer to stay with Orange) they told me a new model was to be announced on October 1st. - the HTC Kaiser. They said it would be branded HTC (not Orange SPV) but wouldn't be called Kaiser. They also said the business centre shops have more information.

Sounds hopefull.

The deal they were offering makes it difficult for me to change suppliers. Only problem is with data. The best data offering was 80mb per month (shared between the 4 phones in our group) for £5.

I'd really prefer something like Web'n'Walk but shared between our phones.

ChrisW72 - do you know how your rep is going to match WnW ?

Guest sxywill2005

Well the HTC press release does state that it will be part of Orange's Signature range which would indicate it will be a SPV. However didn't they say that about the Touch and changed their mind because it didn't meet the standard to be a SPV ;)

I went in Orange Manchester (Arndale) and they said they have not heard of the TyTN II and have not heard of any new SPV device either. They also did not have any stock of the M3100 and it has been like that on their website for some time now, they have also took it off their business promotion page. Orange do like to deplete their stock which I could believe the September release date, however I am sure there maybe a PR update at the end of the month/beginning of October to announce something wonderful.

As for T-Mobile I am hoping for it to happen ASAP, however I was told in their Manchester store that the release would be more likely mid October when they release the new range of handsets for Christmas. He said it was supposed to be a early/mid September release, but it was in testing and that they had a few ROM problems, to my response was "Don't mess with the 'effin ROM then" :wub:

Vodafone say late September although it was supposed to be release two weeks ago but has been delayed for an unknown reason. IMO O2 may not even release the device over here as they have only just released the XDA Trion and will want to focus on the iPhone, but it could go to Asia and the rest of Europe.

Guest rickyburke
As of the this morning noone in retentions has even heard of the TYTN 2. My PAC will be with me in 3 working days. Welcome T-mobile.

My PAC as also in the post as of Friday, ironic that the first time i use my Orange Premier Service line is to disconnect. ;)

Guest RichardK
Nah....I'm gonna hold out til 1st Oct...See if anything official happens then...

Im waiting too. I Cant believe that Orange wouldnt release this device after the spv m3100 been such a good seller for them (and im sure a good source of data revenue) especially since every other network is getting it.

richard

Guest ChrisW72
ChrisW72 - do you know how your rep is going to match WnW ?

No, all I know is that the guy said they would match any other deal and when pressed specifically Flext+WnW. With everyone else's posts I think I must be being spun a line, but I'll see come Oct 15th.

The weird thing is I'm not an existing account or a high-end user or even wanting more than one phone.

Guest zippy172

If you don't already have an account with Orange, you're going to be an even better catch for them... You'll either be leaving a competitor to join them, or not joining any competitor taking a new contract out with them. Win-win deal for O.

Guest Sideburnt

does anyone else get a real sense of doubt about that October 15th release date?.

I've given up on ringing the munch bunch at Orange Retentions, its just too soul destoyingly depressive.

Im really hoping theres some internal discussions going on within Orange to clear up customer confusion, such as another 'correct?' press release and perhaps a decent update on their page. Orange is a big old company, its not much to ask for is it really.

Guest Sideburnt

Oh and all this talk about a Business Representative calling me back within 24H was jibber jabber rubbish too, I even phoned Orange up to chase and they didn't have my device information request on record. I guess it filed under a rock in a swap for further action.

Guest zippy172

I'd hedge my bets on the release date being earlier than the 15th... The date above in one of the posts is merely a date where some rep is visiting a prospective customer.

As for internal discussions where folk in retentions get given information usable for RETAINING their customers... Nothing *ever* changes with Orange.. I've been with them far too long to see it any other way. One day, the following convo will happen "Hey, Elbow, this is an Arse, say hello!"... Then again, I expect a flock of pigs to go flying past my office window, too.

Guest RichardK

I called Orange about changing my data plan and the first guy i spoke to sounded exactly the same as the indian call center guy on phone jacker. couldnt offer me the unlimited (sorry 30mb unlimited) plan so i called back and the next guy suggested that i cancel my o account and go to t-mobile!

Guest ChrisW72
I'd hedge my bets on the release date being earlier than the 15th... The date above in one of the posts is merely a date where some rep is visiting a prospective customer.

Yeah, the 15th was meant to give a bit of a safety factor between the launch and the demo. But to be honest after reading the problems others are having I'm starting to doubt the whole thing. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprised when the rep knocks on the door with a shiny Tytn II.

Chris

I called Orange about changing my data plan and the first guy i spoke to sounded exactly the same as the indian call center guy on phone jacker. couldnt offer me the unlimited (sorry 30mb unlimited) plan so i called back and the next guy suggested that i cancel my o account and go to t-mobile!

Hahaha - oh that fonejacker is hilarious...but what's even more hilarious is someone at Orange suggesting changing to t-mobile - have I read that right?

I'm going to hold out for Oct 1st...and fingers crossed they'll release like the touch - without any orange rom nonsense!

J.

All i can say at present people is that the Kaiser is being trialed. Weather or not they choose to release it or not i can't really say, but i have it on good authority that they are seriously looking at it.

From what iv'e seen so far it is a very nice device, the GPS on it is very acurate the speed is a comfortable 400Mhz (Which shows when placed along side other SPV's) and it has all the usual trimmings you would expect from an SPV. The OS is WM6 Proffesional, which so i'm told by MS is the mobile equivelent of Vista for mobiles.

As soon as i know anymore, i'll put it on here.

Guest zippy172

"Being trialed"..."Whether or not they choose to release it"..."seriously looking at it"...?!?!? The HTC press release pretty much confirms Orange are going to be releasing it... The question on everyones mind is WHEN!!

"Being trialed"..."Whether or not they choose to release it"..."seriously looking at it"...?!?!? The HTC press release pretty much confirms Orange are going to be releasing it... The question on everyones mind is WHEN!!

Ooops my bad... ;)

I do apologise i forgot about the HTC Press release... as for the date, i'm afraid i don't know that one myself, i wish i did...

Guest m3100tony
All i can say at present people is that the Kaiser is being trialed. Weather or not they choose to release it or not i can't really say, but i have it on good authority that they are seriously looking at it.

From what iv'e seen so far it is a very nice device, the GPS on it is very acurate the speed is a comfortable 400Mhz (Which shows when placed along side other SPV's) and it has all the usual trimmings you would expect from an SPV. The OS is WM6 Proffesional, which so i'm told by MS is the mobile equivelent of Vista for mobiles.

As soon as i know anymore, i'll put it on here.

Please don't take this personally, because it is isn't intended to be...

This post typifies the problem with Orange. Here we have a someone who is clearly an Orange employee, he is in the 5-10% or so of orange employees who actually know what a pocket pc is (the vast majority clearly dont have a clue about these devices), he claims to have an orange branded kaiser so is clearly involved in some way with its testing ect... YET he clearly doesnt have a bloody clue what the corporate plan is with this phone.

Where is the direction with Orange?. A senior executive from O makes an official press release about one of the most important phone releases this year (probably second only to the iphone), yet someone clearly involved with this device on the ground is still talking about whether it is released !?!!

Again, not a personal flame, but just typifies the misinformation and confusion at orange... which presumably stems from the top.

Orange - sort out your affairs.

Edited by m3100tony