Kaiser on Orange

Guest porkpie

Guest m3100tony

The muppets at Orange, both in retentions and business retentions, are STILL denying all knowledge of this phone despite it being in the October magazine (page 16). They say they do not even have it listed in review. I give up.

Guest lewis.curley
The muppets at Orange, both in retentions and business retentions, are STILL denying all knowledge of this phone despite it being in the October magazine (page 16). They say they do not even have it listed in review. I give up.

This doesnt bode well, i was holding off on going to TMobile in the hope that the new Orange Data Tariffs would be reasonable and the phone would reasonably priced, as a comparison this is what i have heard so far (although the Orange bits are rumour i admit)

For a 12 Month Contract with 3gb FUP data (why dont they just call it a limit!) with Kaiser / TytnII

TMobile : Data = 12.50, Phone 150, Available now

Orange : Data = 25, Phone 200-300, Availabe in the magazine but no one at Orange has a clue it exists.

Only reason I was staying was Orange was their insurance is v.good and I dont have to mess around with PAC etc, but every day I get closer to leaving!

Guest Zerodivider

Hello everyone, first time poster - long time reader. I was in the same predicament as others. I have been with Orange for over three years, monthly bills about £90. Had the P990i and wanted to upgrade to the Tytn II, but gave up after nothing materialised. Spoke to retentions last Thursday & told them I wanted to change as T-Mobile offered not only the handset I wanted but also the data plans to make it usable. The friendly lady agreed with me and let me go, just like that. The point being: it's all well and good to get the handset, but you also need the price plans with it to make it usable. At present it seems that Orange has nothing better to offer than T-Mobile -and so far I have been a very happy bunny with the Vario III on Flext + Web'n'Walk ;) .

Guest lewis.curley
Hello everyone, first time poster - long time reader. I was in the same predicament as others. I have been with Orange for over three years, monthly bills about £90. Had the P990i and wanted to upgrade to the Tytn II, but gave up after nothing materialised. Spoke to retentions last Thursday & told them I wanted to change as T-Mobile offered not only the handset I wanted but also the data plans to make it usable. The friendly lady agreed with me and let me go, just like that. The point being: it's all well and good to get the handset, but you also need the price plans with it to make it usable. At present it seems that Orange has nothing better to offer than T-Mobile -and so far I have been a very happy bunny with the Vario III on Flext + Web'n'Walk ;) .

Very tempted to join you Zerodivider, how has your experience of TMob CS been? As i said the main reason I am tempted to stick with Orange is the insurance. Just did a comparison of the calls/text packages and TMobile seem to win on that as well.

Might give retentions a call and see what they say.

Guest Zerodivider

CS was very professional and friendly, even provided me with a number to call once I've received my PAC without me asking for it. You are right though, insurance costs are something that needs to be considered. I've had insurance with Orange for the last year and never used it (in fact I have never needed insurance outside the manufacturer's warranty period in 10 years, but I don't want to jinx it...). Although T-Mobile charges more, at the moment there is a 25% line rental discount - so you might want to invest the savings in the insurance (and, given the current data plans, still get a good deal out of it). Just the fact that there is such an amount of confusion within Orange about this phone did put me off a bit...

When I left Orange in May 2006, my retentions process went right to the PA to the Director of Customer Services office. They let me go also, exactly for the same reason - they couldn't or wouldn't match the data plans. I was with Orange since the very first Nokia Handset back in 1996/7!

Shame that after over a year has passed they have done absolutely nothing to stem the outward flow! Makes you wonder how they are currently running their business.

Hi there,

Just thought i'd let you know that i've been on the phone to Orange upgrades, then onto retentions about this earlier. I spoke with David from upgrades first, and asked about a TyTn2. He knew exactly what i was on about and immediately offered it to me for £129.99 (I'm on a £30/month tariff, average spend of £45). He said it was in stock ready to send to me!! I then asked about data bundles, as i was thinking of changing to T-Mobile. He put me through to Matt at retentions, who confirmed the phone was in stock ready, and offered me there best data bundle of 30Mb/month for £8 :wub: I said this was not really acceptable for a device which is centered around connectivity, and he went off to different people to see what could be done, but no luck. So I'm off to T-Mobile after 10 years, but for anyone after an Orange one, they are available now on upgrades!! (and i so wanted a black one ;) )

Guy

Guest m3100tony

Just come off the phone to retentions (who also checked with business retentions).

They STILL do not have this phone. It has now appeared on their coming soon list however as P4550 TYTN 2. Still no idea when it is coming or which channels will get it (i.e. web, upgrades, retail, business ect).

I suspect the other person was offered an HTC P3550 - I have been offered this many times now!]

come on orange, sort it out

I was offered one by upgrades first, he said it was just released, and definately a TyTn2. I wanted a better tariff so i then got put through to retentions, who also had them in stock! Good luck.....

Guest concise

Just got off the phone with upgrades via the premiere custom services line. Offering me the TyTn 2 for £89. My current contract is Panther 45 with the £8 OWU on top. I regularly spend 60 and once or twice a year double that when overseas. Has anyone had any luck getting an upgrade to this phone for free? If so - what story does one have to spin. :-)

I'm on month 14 of an 18 month contract. Can I get through to retentions yet? I see people have had success via that route. I haven't tried asking for retentions yet, will call back and try that later I suppose.

Oh - and what's the direct number for retentions? I thought it was 343 on orange...?

Edited by concise

Guest anthonyblack

I've just come off the phone with Orange upgrades who put me through to retentions. Without me having to even spin any lines, they offered me a free upgrade with a Racoon 35 package at £20 per month + the £8 per month data package. Initially it was on an 18 month contract but when i baulked at that the guy was happy to drop it down to 12 months. Needless to say i have taken them up on the offer. My monthly spend is usually >£70 so no doubt this had some bearing on there willingness to keep me sweet. My TyTn II should arrive tomorrow.

A result!

Just got off the phone with upgrades via the premiere custom services line. Offering me the TyTn 2 for £89. My current contract is Panther 45 with the £8 OWU on top. I regularly spend 60 and once or twice a year double that when overseas. Has anyone had any luck getting an upgrade to this phone for free? If so - what story does one have to spin. :-)

I'm on month 14 of an 18 month contract. Can I get through to retentions yet? I see people have had success via that route. I haven't tried asking for retentions yet, will call back and try that later I suppose.

Guest RichardK
I've just come off the phone with Orange upgrades who put me through to retentions. Without me having to even spin any lines, they offered me a free upgrade with a Racoon 35 package at £20 per month + the £8 per month data package. Initially it was on an 18 month contract but when i baulked at that the guy was happy to drop it down to 12 months. Needless to say i have taken them up on the offer. My monthly spend is usually >£70 so no doubt this had some bearing on there willingness to keep me sweet. My TyTn II should arrive tomorrow.

A result!

Just ordered mine - Free of charge on racoon 12 months + 8 data too. Off to cex today to sell them my m3100!

richard

Guest lewis.curley

A result!

Just ordered mine - Free of charge on racoon 12 months + 8 data too. Off to cex today to sell them my m3100!

richard

Is the 8quid data the stupid 30mb a day limited one or is it FUP to 1gb a month?

Thanks

Guest anthonyblack

Mine is £8 for 30Mb/month. I am told that this is the best data package that Orange do. Unless you know any better.

Is the 8quid data the stupid 30mb a day limited one or is it FUP to 1gb a month?

Thanks

Guest RichardK
Mine is £8 for 30Mb/month. I am told that this is the best data package that Orange do. Unless you know any better.

I think it is 30mb / month although now that every network (including 3, o2 and tmobile) are doing unlimited data package i bet some new data rates will be available soon. I thought about leaving orange (even got my pac code) but reasonable happy with coverage and lets be honest how often do you really need customer services.

Richard

Guest concise

Hmm... just got off the phone with orange upgrades again. They won't let me talk to retentions till I'm in the 15th month of my 18 month contract. Boo!

Guest este123

I have found that if possible, you need to get in touch with retentions to get the best deal.

I saw the Tytn II in stock in my local Orange shop in Chelmsford today although they only had 2 in, one of which the staff had spend the day playing with!

When I phoned upgrades they informed me they did not have it in stock, but when I spoke to retentions they informed me it was in stock, gave me a good deal and arranged delivery for monday. ;)

Upgrade fee in store was £130 but got it for free from retentions!

Edited by este123

Guest Confucious
I think it is 30mb / month although now that every network (including 3, o2 and tmobile) are doing unlimited data package

Richard

AFAIK O2 do not do an unlimited data package, they have a miserly 200Mb limit, unless I've missed something? And 3 have such sketchy coverage for most people it seems to be unusable (I only know one person who uses 3 and is happy with them, everyone else I know that has tried them has dumped them - but it could just be my area?). Vodafone's limit is 120Mb/month which leaves only T with rasonable limits. There basic package has a 1Gb limit which is very difficult to come near but the £12.50 package has a 3Gb limit - both of which are FUP so it doesn't matter if you do go over occasionally but I was using 400 - 500Mb per month. I have no idea what I use now but doubt if it's anywhere near my 3Gb limit.

Jimbouk posted somewhere (sorry jimbo, I can't find the post!) how Orange are going for the business market to recoup their 3G outlay and, indeed, for businesses they do seem to have some good tarrifs.

I believe that SmartPhones and PPCs only really show their true advantages when they are data connected without having to worry about being charged a fortune if you go over your limit so, for me, chosing T (and I have just extended my contract with £15/month discount) was a no brainer.

Guest RichardK

You know whats really funny.After waiting months for the handset to come out and when it has finally been despatched i don't know if i want it now. Might just go to expansys and get the new samsung i620. Lets just see how much damage Orange has done to the rom (probably removed htc today stuff and replaced it with the orange menu bar trash and fixed the gps to only work with oranges' sat nav package)

I'll let everyone know!

Richard

Orderd my TYTN II today on my old tariff of £20.00 a month which includes 200 text, 10 photo messages + 5mb data, 1000 minutes off peak.. phone was free and all on a 12 month contract. my total cost for the whole year will be £240. when the large data bundles come out i may go for it but for now i tend to use my m3100 through my wi-fi at home. i only tend to download my hotmail/gmail messages or msn when on the move ie twice a week. it would have been nice to have the Anytime tariff though. Am still not sure if i made the right decision.

Am so undecided......

ohh... i still have my HTC universal and the m3100(hermes) all flashed to wm6. ;)

Should've pushed harder, I got 1gb offpeak data, 500 anytime minutes, unlimited texts and a free tytn II for £20 a month!

oh boomer ;)

Was your contract a 12 month or 18 month contract?

Guest Sideburnt
Should've pushed harder, I got 1gb offpeak data, 500 anytime minutes, unlimited texts and a free tytn II for £20 a month!

Thats a sweet deal, so has anyone quoted a deal someone else has got and had them match it?

I suspect that if I ring in and say, Um yeah my mate has got this so and so deal, and I want you to match it for me, they'll tell me where to chuff off to.

Roll on November 3rd at least when I take an order I'll get chance to take a butchers over the new Data packages.

Guest Unknownone
oh boomer :(

Was your contract a 12 month or 18 month contract?

18 month. I have been with orange for 3 years previously, so I suspect I had a lot of loyalty? Not sure how it works but all I asked was what he could do me on texts and data, and he came up with those figure, so I bit his hand off.

I get another 40% off because I work for geek squad, who are in association with carphone warehouse too ;)