Kaiser coming to AT&T as 'AT&T Tilt' on 3rd September?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

We already told you that the Kaiser was coming to AT&T as the 'AT&T Tilt' (cool name IMHO)... but gadget blog CrunchGear are now reporting some more deets that have 'leaked out'.

According to their post...

We have it from an inside source that the AT&T Tilt (aka 8925 aka Kaiser) hits stores September 3rd for $499 with 2-year plan. No word on 1-year pricing, but this flagship phone should be all over the place in a little less than a month.

OK so it's a 2 year contract, but $499 seems pretty damn good to me for the powerhouse of a device that is the Kaiser.

US readers... who will be picking up one of these bad boys? :)

P

PS Thanks to modaco member '2tall2function' for the heads up!

Guest 3waygeek
OK so it's a 2 year contract, but $499 seems pretty damn good to me for the powerhouse of a device that is the Kaiser.

US readers... who will be picking up one of these bad boys? :)

P

PS Thanks to modaco member '2tall2function' for the heads up!

If the Tilt is fully featured (both cameras & GPS enabled), I'll pick one up. There's a flagship AT&T Experience store about 15 miles from me -- last week, they told me they'd have it by the end of August. Looks like that date may have slipped a few days.

Note that Sep 3. is Labor Day in the US, so a lot of us will have the day off to play with our new toys.

Guest mikeeey

only a few days after my birthday! i will be getting 1 of these.

Paul i just hope what your telling us is correct!

Edited by mikeeey

Guest NuShrike

I just called MobilePlanet and Elite Electronix.

MobilePlanet is planning to ship by Sept 11th (eww), and Elite Electronix during the first week of September (not the August 22 they have listed).

($864.95+) MobilePlanet is later, more expensive, and charges (use) tax versus Elite Electronix, but there seems to be no comments about after-sales service for either. There's a 15-day return policy and variable restocking fee that goes up to 25% depending on return quality.

($799.95) Elite Electronix has a 15-day return policy, and a weird way to pre-order without getting instantly charged (you select pay-by-mail option), and if you opened the box, 20% restocking fee.

at&t, MobilePlanet, or Elite Electronix.  Pick your poison, maties.

Edited by NuShrike

Guest mikeeey
I just called MobilePlanet and Elite Electronix.

MobilePlanet is planning to ship by Sept 11th (eww), and Elite Electronix during the first week of September (not the August 22 they have listed).

MobilePlanet is later, more expensive, and charges (use) tax versus Elite Electronix, but there seems to be no comments about after-sales service for either. There's a 15-day return policy and variable restocking fee that goes up to 25% depending on return quality.

Elite Electronix has a 15-day return policy, and a weird way to pre-order without getting instantly charged (you select pay-by-mail option), and if you opened the box, 20% restocking fee.

at&t, MobilePlanet, or Elite Electronix.  Pick your poison, maties.

i think il just go and buy mine at the AT&T store. :)

Guest mikeeey
I have every intention of buying this phone, however I probably will be buying it as an HTC branded phone for around $800 USD.

i personally would like it $300 less lol. since the AT&T version is supposed to have both cameras, it should be the same as the HTC branded version. plus you can just put the HTC rom on, and there you go.

Guest NuShrike
i personally would like it $300 less lol. since the AT&T version is supposed to have both cameras, it should be the same as the HTC branded version. plus you can just put the HTC rom on, and there you go.
Do you have picture or source of the at&t version that it'll have the front camera and actually be the Kaiser 120, against all expected history?

Guest mikeeey
Do you have picture or source of the at&t version that it'll have the front camera and actually be the Kaiser 120, against all expected history?

no, nothing that confirms it 100%, but AT&T is launching their video sharing service, so i would think they would keep the front camera for that purpose.

here on the "paul reviews the htc kaiser" thread, he states the same thing, on post 975

http://www.modaco.com/Paul-Reviews-HTC-P45...html&st=960

and i read somewhere (i thought on this forum) that its possible AT&T might recieve different models of the kaiser for buisness purposes. However that could just mean the model with no cameras and the model with 1 camera. but then again like i said, they launced their video sharing service so i think they're gonna keep the front camera.

Guest NuShrike
no, nothing that confirms it 100%, but AT&T is launching their video sharing service, so i would think they would keep the front camera for that purpose.
Okay, but I was reading that the video sharing is one-way only, so it'll use the bigger/better back camera otherwise one can't see what one is "sharing".

This makes the front-camera redundant and only useful for voice-chat where two-way video is useful, but at&t isn't supporting that.  So, am I reading the situation right?

Guest mikeeey

i was thinking of the video sharing more of a 1 way video call to be honost. almost like a text message, that you open up, and watch what the person has to say you.

then again that could be another possibility why they would keep the front camera, for reasons such as recording youself saying something to them and sending it, or using the back for taking a video of something.

Guest NuShrike
i was thinking of the video sharing more of a 1 way video call to be honost. almost like a text message, that you open up, and watch what the person has to say you.

[snip]

Hey, it might be possible if Negri Electronics' info and pictures with the at&t faces can be believed (could be photoshop job):

It is at a price that makes me say why not get the oem HTC instead. Shipping Sept 20th, 2007.

Edited by NuShrike

Guest mikeeey
Hey, it might be possible if Negri Electronics' info and pictures with the at&t faces can be believed (could be photoshop job):

It is at a price that makes me say why not get the oem HTC instead. Shipping Sept 20th, 2007.

i really doubt they would photoshop pictures of their products, but the screen doesnt say AT&T anywhere. however that is common to see an un-matching screen with a real device. phonescoop would have a qtek 8310 with a ppc OS as the screen.

Guest dgduris
Nobody tempted to wait for the US N95 instead?

http://symbianguru.typepad.com/welcome/200...-nokia-n-1.html

hehe...

:)

P

To be a little more objective here...and as a VERY long-time EPOC/ Symbian user who has converted to WM, the N95 has no keypad. The N95 has far too little memory. The N95 battery won't last for a flight across the country listening to music and have enough juice to call a cab when you land. So, no. I won't be waiting for the N95 and am glad that My upgrade w/ ATT is due in early October! :P

Guest borg.cube
i really doubt they would photoshop pictures of their products, but the screen doesnt say AT&T anywhere. however that is common to see an un-matching screen with a real device. phonescoop would have a qtek 8310 with a ppc OS as the screen.

It looks like photoshop since at the bottom of the page they even say the following:

"*This device will be branded AT&T, the exact location and design of branded is not yet known."

Guest mikeeey
It looks like photoshop since at the bottom of the page they even say the following:

"*This device will be branded AT&T, the exact location and design of branded is not yet known."

o lol your right, i didnt even notice that.

To be a little more objective here...and as a VERY long-time EPOC/ Symbian user who has converted to WM, the N95 has no keypad. The N95 has far too little memory. The N95 battery won't last for a flight across the country listening to music and have enough juice to call a cab when you land. So, no. I won't be waiting for the N95 and am glad that My upgrade w/ ATT is due in early October! :P

But the US version has a better battery and US 3G and it has a tv-out :) (Actually that would be the thing that would make me choose the nokia over the kaiser....)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.