Motorola Q9h Master reset

Guest halfrab

Guest halfrab

Heres the story. I work on a ship and need quad band coverage. I bought a Q9h in Germany with a Debitel prepaid subscription.

I tried to install various bits of software onto the unit (my first Smartphone so probably did something wrong!) but kept getting what seems to be a common message that the application is unsigned so cannot be installed. So I tried the PHM Registry editor to change the certificate settings and got the message 'Access Denied'. I then tried the Security Configuration Manager to change the system configuration, but having selected the Security Off option and pressed the Provision button, I now find myself totally locked out. Even the bundled software doesnt work.

Biting the bullet I wanted to do a System reset, but find that the master code required is not the PUK code. It is something called the MASTER CODE. Now I dont speak German, so the SIM card info doesnt tell me anything, so can anyone tell me what this code is?

Cheers from a frustrated G3 newbie

Guest nehvada
Heres the story. I work on a ship and need quad band coverage. I bought a Q9h in Germany with a Debitel prepaid subscription.

I tried to install various bits of software onto the unit (my first Smartphone so probably did something wrong!) but kept getting what seems to be a common message that the application is unsigned so cannot be installed. So I tried the PHM Registry editor to change the certificate settings and got the message 'Access Denied'. I then tried the Security Configuration Manager to change the system configuration, but having selected the Security Off option and pressed the Provision button, I now find myself totally locked out. Even the bundled software doesnt work.

Biting the bullet I wanted to do a System reset, but find that the master code required is not the PUK code. It is something called the MASTER CODE. Now I dont speak German, so the SIM card info doesnt tell me anything, so can anyone tell me what this code is?

Cheers from a frustrated G3 newbie

no puk required, remove simcard and try the master clear and/or master reset under "start -> system tools / systemwerkzeuge". if both doesnt help call back and well figure out to go further.