WM6 now showing on an O2 Graphite near you!

Guest mrkipling

Guest ollie2001
You guys sure your putting the right number in? Also don't put in the letters at the start, just numbers.

I don't have letters at the start of mine :)

Guest dragondude
I don't have letters at the start of mine :)

Yep, no letters in front of mine, either. And yes, I am using Microsoft IE, as well. Obviously our batch of serial numbers are not on their database, and it's poor customer service if they can't help us or even give us an alternative way to access the upgrade. I guess we'll have to wait until some kind soul makes it available to us.

Guest kyrkesmith
Yep, no letters in front of mine, either. And yes, I am using Microsoft IE, as well. Obviously our batch of serial numbers are not on their database, and it's poor customer service if they can't help us or even give us an alternative way to access the upgrade. I guess we'll have to wait until some kind soul makes it available to us.

Are you using Vista? I am, and haven't had any luck yet.

Guest dragondude
Are you using Vista? I am, and haven't had any luck yet.

I'm using XP. I think it's to do with our serial numbers not being on the HTC database.

Guest ollie2001
I'm using XP. I think it's to do with our serial numbers not being on the HTC database.

Which is still baffling as the Graphite isn't a HTC device :)

MonkeyGadge has given me a torrent link http://www.mininova.org/tor/846364 - but he isn't online at the moment to seed it :P

We either need a working serial to download it or someone to upload it to rapidshare or megaupload etc...

Guest dragondude
Which is still baffling as the Graphite isn't a HTC device :P

MonkeyGadge has given me a torrent link http://www.mininova.org/tor/846364 - but he isn't online at the moment to seed it ;)

We either need a working serial to download it or someone to upload it to rapidshare or megaupload etc...

Thanks for the torrent. There are already 30 odd people hooked up to it! That's a lot of rejected serial numbers!!! Hopefully we'll be able to upgrade soon... :)

Edited by dragondude

Guest ollie2001
Thanks for the torrent. There are already 30 odd people hooked up to it! That's a lot of rejected serial numbers!!! Hopefully we'll be able to upgrade soon... :P

3 peers connected with 3.8% :)

Come on people! SEED!

Guest dragondude
3 peers connected with 3.8% :)

Come on people! SEED!

As far as we know, monkeygadge is the only one who's seeding at the moment (since he set up the torrent), so we need to patiently wait until he's on again, but yes, it would be nice to see the other two who did manage to get a copy back on again. An alternative would be to host it on rapidshare or megafile... I would be curious though, seeing as I'm Australian and have an Australian O2 Graphite, to see if the WM6 released works on more than just the UK Graphites.

Edited by dragondude

Guest Mancom

Hi.

I managed to download the upgrade file with no problem, for uk graphite.

I don`t know is it against rules of this forum by I wil post link to download it

Graphite_Upgrade_Utility_V3.4.0.zip

Short note: Don`t bother with watching on progress bar on your pc, watch it on your device :)

To admin: if this is against the rules, please delete this post.

Mancom

Guest dragondude
Hi.

I don`t know is it against rules of this forum by I wil post link to download it

Short note: Don`t bother with watching on progress bar on your pc, watch it on your device :P

Mancom

Thank you. sir! You are a scholar and a gentleman!!! :)

Guest dragondude

Damn! It says my device is not an XDA Graphite! Didn't realise there were more than one flavour of Graphites....!!! Guess I'll have to wait for the Australian O2 version to come out....

Guest jamesdisco

I'm having the same problems as some of you o2 keeps rejecting my serial no. mine is a uk graphite from o2. just downloaded the update from mancom will let you know if its a success.

Guest ollie2001
Hi.

Short note: Don`t bother with watching on progress bar on your pc, watch it on your device ;)

Mancom

Thanks very much! Mine seems to be updating fine at the moment, however there's no display on my Graphite? Just the computer progress bar...quite odd...

I'll report back in a bit. Hard luck Dragondude, lets hope they release an Aussie copy soon :)

EDIT: Update worked like a charm, can't say I notice much difference so far. The GUI looks a bit nicer though :P

Cheers for the effort guys...

Edited by ollie2001

Guest gigmagog
Hi.

Short note: Don`t bother with watching on progress bar on your pc, watch it on your device :)

Mancom

Many thanks for the download Mancom. will explore it today. By the way will not execute via vista must be xp with active sync 4.5

Guest surfichris
Damn! It says my device is not an XDA Graphite! Didn't realise there were more than one flavour of Graphites....!!! Guess I'll have to wait for the Australian O2 version to come out....

It's just checking the serial number on the device itself and reporting back - either that or checking the previous ROM version.

We've got the Asia-developed (WWE) O2 Graphite which don't match the UK serial numbers.

A manual ROM flash would work, but I'd be unsure of if the device supports that kind of flashing or we have to use the O2 Gui.

I'd suggest you go and pester O2 Asia like I have been recently so they hopefully release the update (however they've essentially stated there are no plans at the moment - I mean, wtf? Is there any international communication within this company?)

BTW, the Graphite is still an XDA device - it's just not an XDA device manufactured by HTC etc.

Guest dragondude
It's just checking the serial number on the device itself and reporting back - either that or checking the previous ROM version.

We've got the Asia-developed (WWE) O2 Graphite which don't match the UK serial numbers.

A manual ROM flash would work, but I'd be unsure of if the device supports that kind of flashing or we have to use the O2 Gui.

I'd suggest you go and pester O2 Asia like I have been recently so they hopefully release the update (however they've essentially stated there are no plans at the moment - I mean, wtf? Is there any international communication within this company?)

BTW, the Graphite is still an XDA device - it's just not an XDA device manufactured by HTC etc.

Thanks surfichris, I'll do just that! I suspect that the UK/XDA crowd are the first cabs off the rank with WM6 on their Graphites, I'm sure we'll follow soon enough, otherwise the peasants will get very ugly..>!!! :)

Guest Mancom

No problem guys!

What I notice up to now:

- WM6 version 5.2.1616 (build 18120.0.4.0)

- Removed Office Mobile, ClearView Installed,

- Present Windows Live,

- Bluetooth FTP Explorer missing,

- New app (?) asusTEK EnableSL installed (what is it?),

- Start menu same as in WM5

- Very fast system (looks faster than WM5),

- Same problems with RAM (as in WM5, closing apps in background)

- New XT9 missing, old good T9 present (same as in WM5),

- Very stable system

- Pressing Back key in empty message leaves message window, without beep.

- Wmanager still present (good CommManager) in Windows folder.

- Windows Update not working

- Windows Catalog only in Windows folder (not working)

- Screen Rotation still working (as in WM5)

Good update :)

Asus bootloader (XBOOT5) is unknow for guys (at least smartphone version) so I`d be afraid to play with it :P

Edited by Mancom

Guest harrysaab

its not working on my graphite.

it says 'this is not xda graphite device'

i got it from hong kong so i guess its asian developed graphite.

oh well il have to wait now :P

Hi.

Mancom

Guest Crash Biker

I'm not sure if I'm more puzzled the SN authorisation IS working for some or that it's not working for me.

For those who successfully grabbed it from the o2 web site (www.my-xda.com) my serial number under the battery and above my IMEI number starts 71A0A....

Does this look at all a familiar pattern to those who could download (or to those who couldn't?)

Cheers

Crash

Guest ollie2001
I'm not sure if I'm more puzzled the SN authorisation IS working for some or that it's not working for me.

For those who successfully grabbed it from the o2 web site (www.my-xda.com) my serial number under the battery and above my IMEI number starts 71A0A....

Does this look at all a familiar pattern to those who could download (or to those who couldn't?)

Cheers

Crash

Mines 75A0A....and doesn't work either. Here's a reply from o2 on the matter:

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we are unable to provide a direct link as the license agreement provided by ALK needs to be accepted.

I would however ensure pop-ups are not being blocked as the screen that appears once the code is selected is a pop-up box. If you are using a work PC or you are behind a firewall that stops downloadable file traffic from the site, this will stop you accessing the page.

We would also suggest trying another PC to ensure the problem is not with your PC, I have also tested the serial number provided and I have been able to access the page myself.

If you have any further problems, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards

Idiots is my first thought! here's my repy, will have to see what they say!!

I don't know what website you're using. It's obviously not the same as me... I go to www.my-xda.com - then click on "already have Graphite" then a link called "Software upgrade". I click the radio button "I agree" to the T+C's, then enter 75A0A******* as my SN. Click contiune, I then get a pop up box saying the below: ErrorOops, wrong number

That doesn't seem to be a valid Xda Orbit or Xda Trion serial number that you've entered.

Please go back to the o2.co.uk/xda site and enter a valid Xda Orbit or Xda Trion serial number.

Thank you.

I've used several PC's all with either IE6 or 7. I think you'll find the problem is your end, not mine. I look forward to your response! Oliver

Guest dragondude

Cheers

Crash

Yeah, mine starts with that serial number range as well. Let's hope there will be a WM6 for our Graphites as well...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.