Anyones UP arrow not working?

Guest audiofx81

Guest audiofx81

My UP arrow (to make caps) next to red function button does nothing. It doesnt make caps in fact it wont even trigger the keyboard light to go on like any other key. I am assuming it is defective and i need to send it back for a replacement, however maybe it others have the issue it is a software issue. Please inform.

Guest vagelis
My UP arrow (to make caps) next to red function button does nothing. It doesnt make caps in fact it wont even trigger the keyboard light to go on like any other key. I am assuming it is defective and i need to send it back for a replacement, however maybe it others have the issue it is a software issue. Please inform.

Probably a defective keyboard overlay; expansys should cover it.

Try hardware resetting the unit (clear storage) first to be certain it is not a weird s/w issue.

Guest audiofx81
Probably a defective keyboard overlay; expansys should cover it.

Try hardware resetting the unit (clear storage) first to be certain it is not a weird s/w issue.

First thing i tried was a hard reset. Im jsut upset i paid $40 for next day shipping because i needed a device asap. Now i need to ship it back wait for exchange then wait for the return to arrive to me :)

Guest vagelis
First thing i tried was a hard reset. Im jsut upset i paid $40 for next day shipping because i needed a device asap. Now i need to ship it back wait for exchange then wait for the return to arrive to me :P

That is definitely not fun. Perhaps they can cover some of the costs and offer you to cross ship the replacement.

Let us know what happens. We feel your pain :)

Guest audiofx81
That is definitely not fun. Perhaps they can cover some of the costs and offer you to cross ship the replacement.

Guest audiofx81

Guest audiofx81

Yes i hope they will work something fair out for me. $700 later and a defective phone with a buggy rom is no fun. I really hope the issues are worked out as this phone would be ALMOST perfect for me with fixed issues.

Guest dudegalea

My caps shift key is also a bit dodgy. I was wondering whether it was a hardware problem, but the fact that you have a fault with the same key makes me think it may be either software, or a generic hardware problem with this key.

In my case, the key does sort of work, but it occasionally misses, and occasionally repeats even with a single push. So changing alpha mode from abc to Abc to ABC can take quite a while. For example, I'm in abc mode, and want to do a single upper case character. I hit the shift key, and it switches to ABC. Hit it again, nothing happens. Hit it again, it rapidly switches to abc then to Abc. It can take as many as 15 presses to get it to do the right thing.

Does everyone apart from us have no problem at all with this caps shift key? Please let us know! No-one has yet explicitly stated that their key works correctly, so it could be a general fault. (I'm guessing that some people's keys are working, otherwise they'd have mentioned it. But OTOH maybe they just don't use that key.)

Guest audiofx81
My caps shift key is also a bit dodgy. I was wondering whether it was a hardware problem, but the fact that you have a fault with the same key makes me think it may be either software, or a generic hardware problem with this key.

In my case, the key does sort of work, but it occasionally misses, and occasionally repeats even with a single push. So changing alpha mode from abc to Abc to ABC can take quite a while. For example, I'm in abc mode, and want to do a single upper case character. I hit the shift key, and it switches to ABC. Hit it again, nothing happens. Hit it again, it rapidly switches to abc then to Abc. It can take as many as 15 presses to get it to do the right thing.

Does everyone apart from us have no problem at all with this caps shift key? Please let us know! No-one has yet explicitly stated that their key works correctly, so it could be a general fault. (I'm guessing that some people's keys are working, otherwise they'd have mentioned it. But OTOH maybe they just don't use that key.)

Mine never worked not once, hard resets, soft resets. I have shipped it out for exchange today :P. Hopefully they get me a replacement fast. I paid to overnight my phone back to them and they say the return should be processed within 24 hours and they should overnight (becuase that was my original shipping method) one back wednesday and get to me thursday. Still a long time for me since i dumped all my backup phones (wife started giving me a hard time about collecting phones :). I know there is a software issue with the keyboard in general and its skipping but my never once worked and would not even trigger the keypad to light up. I am curious as to which driver they are using for the keyboard.

Guest dudegalea
Mine never worked not once, hard resets, soft resets. I have shipped it out for exchange today :P . Hopefully they get me a replacement fast. I paid to overnight my phone back to them and they say the return should be processed within 24 hours and they should overnight (becuase that was my original shipping method) one back wednesday and get to me thursday. Still a long time for me since i dumped all my backup phones (wife started giving me a hard time about collecting phones :) . I know there is a software issue with the keyboard in general and its skipping but my never once worked and would not even trigger the keypad to light up. I am curious as to which driver they are using for the keyboard.

That's a big shame. Hopefully, you'll be sorted out soon.

Yes, clearly yours is a hardware problem. I'm wondering whether mine is also. However, when I push the button and the shift status doesn't change, the keyboard does illuminate, so the button is definitely registering. This is what makes me think it's a software problem. But I am wondering why no-one else is reporting this (though they don't deny it either!).

That's a big shame. Hopefully, you'll be sorted out soon.

Yes, clearly yours is a hardware problem. I'm wondering whether mine is also. However, when I push the button and the shift status doesn't change, the keyboard does illuminate, so the button is definitely registering. This is what makes me think it's a software problem. But I am wondering why no-one else is reporting this (though they don't deny it either!).

Well as many others have pointed out there is def. a keyboard issue. I would really like to know which driver they are using for the keyboard. I had slight thoughts of exchanging for an S630 but i know i wnt be happy with smartphone edition as I have had a few. I sure hope new rom updates arrive soon and I REALLY hope they look into a new radio release that improves ATT reception and proper 3G connectivety.

Edited by iHTC

Guest dudegalea
Well as many others have pointed out there is def. a keyboard issue.

Yes, and I myself am having the same keyboard issue that others have reported. This problem is of a different type, however, which is why I'm wondering whether anyone else is seeing it.