Largest Screen

Guest Elwyn 3100

Guest Elwyn 3100

Hi Folks

My father is soon to be branching out into ebooks more than paperbacks now and his current PDA is just below the spec for doing the job.

What I'm after is suggestions on a PDA, it doesn't have to be new, but WM2002 onwards I would think, and needs to have a decent sized screen.

I have heard mention of a 4" screen but my searches are going slow.

Doesn't need such things as phone, bluetooth, wifi, etc but would get sync'd to PC of XP calibre :)

Whatever I find I'll try and make a list here as I'm sure there are others with similar needs rather than 'small is beautiful' in the PDA world...

TIA

Elwyn

Hi Folks

My father is soon to be branching out into ebooks more than paperbacks now and his current PDA is just below the spec for doing the job.

What I'm after is suggestions on a PDA, it doesn't have to be new, but WM2002 onwards I would think, and needs to have a decent sized screen.

I have heard mention of a 4" screen but my searches are going slow.

Doesn't need such things as phone, bluetooth, wifi, etc but would get sync'd to PC of XP calibre :)

Whatever I find I'll try and make a list here as I'm sure there are others with similar needs rather than 'small is beautiful' in the PDA world...

TIA

Elwyn

what about the HP iPaq hx4700 or the Dell x51v?

both are VGA devices (the hp has a 4.0" screen and runs great using a custom firmware)