Need help unlocking Cingular 2125

Guest dleasman

Guest dleasman

My wife's phone when swimming at the lake, so I got her a Cingular 2125 off ebay as a replacement.

How do I unlock this thing?

I have already flashed the Qtek firmware in, and merged her contacts... But it asks for an unlock code when I put a TMobile sim in.

I used the SPV tools, but with no luck. Also put the cert.cab in.

I read an article somewhere that made claims that to unlock, you had to run the cert.cab with a Cingular sim in the phone, but I have not had a chance to try this, because I can't seem to find anyone who actually uses Cingular. Everyone is T-Mobile, Verizon(yuck), or Sprint(double-yuck).

Does anyone know for sure how to unlock this thing for use with T-Mobile?

Thanks!

Guest dleasman

Solved...

Changed the following settings:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies0001001 -> Change the value data to 1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies0001005 -> Change the value data to 127

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies0001017 -> Change the value data to 4294967295

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \Security\Policies\Policies -> Add new value "0000101b": Dword = 1

Then, I ran SPV services, and was able to unlock, rebooted, and ran cert.cab

After, I changes the following settings back to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies0001001 -> Change the value data to 1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies0001005 -> Change the value data to 40

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies0001017 -> Change the value data to 144

I am now using my T-Mobile sim.

Thanks to "Confucious", who had previously posted the setting elsewhere in this forum.

Edited by dleasman