Scandisk 4GB Micro Memory Card does not work

Guest tdcemanuel

Guest tdcemanuel

how come my scadisk 4gb memory card dont work, the phone doesnt seem to detect it, i already tried under file explorer/menu......but there was nothing there

• 6 months later...
Guest scooterdog
Your phone probably doesn't support SDHC.

That is, the HTC Excalibur running WM5 or WM6 doesn't support SDHC.

I ended up upgrading to an unofficial 6.1 version (with a lot of additional functionality) that supports SDHC. Of course, had to also upgrade the firmware on my card reader (on a Dell Dimension E510 from last year) to write to the card as well from the desktop, but now everything is working great.

You may or may not want to give one of the unofficial 6.1 flavors a shot, if using the 4GB SDHC is worth it to you - it was for me.

• 3 months later...
Guest SaTaNi

I ended up upgrading to an unofficial 6.1 version (with a lot of additional functionality) that supports SDHC. Of course, had to also upgrade the firmware on my card reader (on a Dell Dimension E510 from last year) to write to the card as well from the desktop, but now everything is working great.

You may or may not want to give one of the unofficial 6.1 flavors a shot, if using the 4GB SDHC is worth it to you - it was for me.

well, as far as i know (and tested on my axim x50v), sdhc support comes with wm6, so if the s620 has wm6 (which is officially available), it should support sdhc.

Guest Atomsk_Dash

YAAARRRRRR. Which 6.1 that be? I have Kavana's WM6.1 on my Dash (final release). I am interested to know if it will read micro sd cards > 2gb...

Edited by Atomsk_Dash

Guest Atomsk_Dash
YAAARRRRRR. Which 6.1 that be? I have Kavana's WM6.1 on my Dash (final release). I am interested to know if it will read micro sd cards > 2gb...

ANSWER!!!! NOW!!!!!

• 1 month later...
Guest Ensign1
ANSWER!!!! NOW!!!!!

Only wm6.1 supports the 4gb card

cause i had the same issue then i upgraded the rom and it worked :D

im using rickysrom

Edited by Ensign1

Guest awarner (MVP)
ANSWER!!!! NOW!!!!!

Shouting is not a polite way to ask, no wonder it took time for somone to reply.

SDHC compatability is down to the manufacture to support and not the OS.

With some cooked ROMs developers have included a patch themselves.