Windows Mobile 6 finally comes to the Treo 750

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Are you packing a Windows Mobile 5 Treo 750? If so, then you'll be very pleased to hear that Palm have finally released the much anticipated Windows Mobile 6 / HSDPA update for you device!

The update, which can be downloaded over at http://euro.palm.com/uk/750update, is listed by Palm as having the following improvements...

logo_palm.gif
Treo™ 750/750v Updater 2.18

What does this update do?

This update provides:

• Windows Mobile® 6 Professional
  • Update for Loss of System Sounds enhancement

• Improved Calendar management with enhanced User Interface
    • Enhanced E-mail messaging, HTML/Smart Filtering, SharePoint access and more
    • Voice command via Bluetooth
    • USB cable charging
    • I'm SO happy to see USB cable charging on there, about time :wub:

Head on over and get flashing, and report back here how you get on! As always, remember a ROM update will restore your device to factory defaults, so back up your data first! ;)

P

Im going to give it a go this afternoon when i get a chance, but i wondering if the ROM update will remove the sim unlock! ;)

Also anyone know if Palm/voda have kept in MSN live! with this ROM?

Cheers

Guest stripeycat
Er, the update won't remove the SIM lock. Windows Live? Not sure...

P

Rather than a sim lock, will the update nullify my unlock? I've been trying to hunt down info on other handsets that've got upgrades, but i can't seem to find whether the imei-unlock that i've applied will be destroyed and the handset returned to Vodafone?

The other thing i was wondering was, will the upgrade preserve my Orange network settings? I would've thought not, but was just wondering about whether it would return them to factory HTC default or Vodafone default. I was guessing Vodafone, but i'm just being nosey =)

Guest Paul (MVP)

I doubt it will reverse the IMEI Check unlock... upgrades never have in the past ;)

Your settings will get wiped and returned to default, probably Vodafone!

P

Just applied the update and my 750v is working fine with T-mob ;) But you will have to enter the network settings for mms etc again

But they have not included Live! :wub: wonder if thats palm or voda's choice....

Guest stripeycat

Agh... i'm stuck at work with the boss giving my screen the evil eye... all i want to do is update this puppy now. Must get Orange network settings now!! ;)

Guest stripeycat

Sounds good! Looks like i'm going to have to wait till i get home anyhow... the installer guide says you're supposed to have the USB sync cable and the power cable attached during the upgrade, and my power cable's at home. Doh! :S

Guest stripeycat

Sadly, after a weekend of use, it seems the upgrade hasn't sorted my Treo's nasty habit of remaining in Phone Off mode after i try to turn it back on again; a hard restart is still needed to get it up and running.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.