'HTC TyTN II MoDaCo Special Offer' now available for preorder

Guest PaulOBrien

So how much is the deal? I cant find a price!? Sorry! Where is it? I must be missing something.

Click the picture and you'll see the details and price. ;)

Like the attachment below.

post-286527-1188868904_thumb.png

Could i get some other voucher apart from the Virgin wines (i don't drink) ;)

ok, this offer sounds great, now...what about delivery to RUSSIA? to moscow more specifically? is there a possibility to receive it here if i order it? i read about the prices here in russia and they are around 100 GBP higher!!! i could book a flight to london and buy it there somewhere for that price...

Guest markeew

Hi Paul,

Since nobody is allowed to offer the Tytn II on contract with T-Mo is there any more news on the Vario III? I am going on holiday on the 14th Sept and was hoping to have it by then.

Thanks

Guest Manni01
For information, call 0161 232 3427, tell them you want the MoDaCo TyTN II Special Offer, and see what they can do.

Report back here!

P

I called Expensys this morning, asked what my Voda renewal would be with the Modaco special offer (I'm on Anytime 75 @ £25/mo + £7.5/mo for unlimited data and happy with it). They said £379 (incl. VAT) :D . It would have been allocated from the stock coming in today, so I assume if someone puts an order in they would still have a chance (allow 1-2 extra days before shipping when it's a renewal).

I called Voda back and they confirmed that although the 1615 is not expected until the 17th of Sept, my renewal price would be in the region of £200. Plus, they said the 1615 is unlocked, which kind of makes up for the silver look... <_<

I also called T-mob and they confirmed the Vario III won't be available until the end of Sept...

So I'm afraid I can't justify not waiting for a couple more weeks before I make a final decision... I guess having a kid also changed how quickly I need a new toy! ;)

Thanks again Paul for all the info and all your efforts. :wub:

Edited by Manni01

Has anyone else who placed a Modaco order recently got a phone call afterwards? I wasn't around to take a recent missed call and I suspect it was expansys, so I rang them up and got told that if it was them, they'd ring me back.

Guest Simon Desser

I just spoke to Expansys, because their website is now showing stock!

And was told that they've received about 600 units today. 500 are being shipped to their US office!!! Leaving about 100 for the UK. As they've got back orders "going back months" there's no way a recent order will be fulfilled!!! She said they're expecting more stock in about 4 or 5 days ;)

Guest Paul (MVP)

MoDaCo preorders are shipping!

There is no guarantee they'll all go out today, but around 80% have already shipped and i'm optimistic the rest will make it in ;)

P

Guest Paul (MVP)

Important point to note - if you have other items on your order that aren't in stock, make sure you select 'part shipping' on the tracking page or your order won't ship until everything is in stock!

P

I placed my order before noon... as they were showing 70 in stock... i'll let you know if and when i'll get it.

[EDIT]

Sorry Paul...

i never brought thru expansys... i got this "eXpansys Services MoDaCo Offer - Ordered on request" in order list but main status sez "Ready to ship"

Do you think this will delay shipping ??

Edited by mickyB

Guest DragonStar

Have to say I'm a tad concered about mine! I ordered this offer, with a memory card and stuff, everything is now showing in stock, but page still says that it's "part-shippable". And to think that I ordered mine pretty much straight away when this offer came up. ;) I live in Australia so I'm hoping it gets shipped as soon as possible as I still have to wait a bit longer for it to actually get to me.

Guest DragonStar

Nope, everything says that it's "in stock". Thinking about making a phone call and seeing what's the deal...

EDIT: Ok, just called. Apparently a screen protector that I'd ordered was not in stock, even though it said it was... So, cancelled that and apparently should ship out later today! Yay!

Very quick service over the phone (thankfully as I'm calling from Australia...).

EDIT: Order all shipped. Now just got to wait for the painful wait for it to get here, at least I can start hitting F5 on the DHL page instead of the expansys one...

Edited by DragonStar

Guest Everton1878

I'd be expecting mine soon if I wasn't waiting for a PAC code from O2 @ carphonewarehouse

Have to give 30 days written notice (registered delivery) of cancellation and wait up to 72 working hours after they receive the letter for the PAC code to be generated

Expansys have been great though, very helpful ;)

Guest xorangefirex

The 484.95 GBP for the TyTn II from expansys.com comes out to around 975 USD. I dont think that that is much of a deal at all considering the fact that nearly every site I have checked is selling it for around 800 USD. I guess thats just my opinion, but that price doesnt make alot of sense to me.

Guest Chrome Blade
The 484.95 GBP for the TyTn II from expansys.com comes out to around 975 USD. I dont think that that is much of a deal at all considering the fact that nearly every site I have checked is selling it for around 800 USD. I guess thats just my opinion, but that price doesnt make alot of sense to me.

I'm with you there, no sense in paying an extra $175 when you could get it from mobile planet which is part of expansys. Don't think mobile planet has the modaco special deal though... o well...

Guest GordonTGopher

But compared to other UK sites it's a good deal. Like so many things one can't expect the price to be the same both sides of the pond, we pay more for a lot of technology in the UK ;)

Gordon

Guest xorangefirex
But compared to other UK sites it's a good deal. Like so many things one can't expect the price to be the same both sides of the pond, we pay more for a lot of technology in the UK ;)

Gordon

I do feel very bad for you then. Although I am not sure what would stop you from buying it from a US site since you will get the bank currency conversion and pay the same price any American would.

I do feel very bad for you then. Although I am not sure what would stop you from buying it from a US site since you will get the bank currency conversion and pay the same price any American would.

I don't think we pay import duty on mobile phones but we do still have to pay VAT (value added tax) at 17.5% on purchases from abroad. So an $800 purchase would be £470 plus shipping.

I think that's how it works anyway. It's even worse for things such as TV's and DVD players, they also levy a 14% import duty. We really do get screwed over. <_<

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.