Windows Mobile 5 Glass effect

Guest sdavidsonjr

Guest sdavidsonjr

I have an Axim x51 and I have been trying to get the display/interface like Windows Mobile 6, but I have been largely unsuccessful. What can I do to get that effect on Windows Mobile 5?

Guest chucky.egg

You need a decent graphics app (such as Fireworks or Photoshop) and a tutorial (which you can get free via Googling)

You create a "base" for your button (solid blue for example), then add a rounded "fade" over the top in white and make the "fade" semi-transparent

Guest sdavidsonjr
You need a decent graphics app (such as Fireworks or Photoshop) and a tutorial (which you can get free via Googling)

You create a "base" for your button (solid blue for example), then add a rounded "fade" over the top in white and make the "fade" semi-transparent

Thanks. However, I was referring to if there any themes already made, but for Windows Mobile 5. Mnay of the themese are for PC2003.

Guest sdavidsonjr
Try Wisbar Advance

With a bit of work you can get skins like this

I tried that but for some reason I can't get the botom taskbar to change. I am unsure if there is a layer over that taskbar and that the soft butons are not allowing the change to be seen. Any ideas?

Edited by sdavidsonjr

Guest Dr_StrangeTrick

Hi Sdavidsonjr I had loads of fun when I used it, I've upgraded my device to Windows Mobile 6 now so I have 'the real thing' ;)

From what I can remember I had to place a panel over my taskbar and use my own notification icons, but that was last year and the software has been updated now so it may be worthwhile putting a message onto the Lakeridge forums