Pantech C810b coming to AT&T with HSDPA, GPS and dual sliders!

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

When it comes to the Windows Mobile world, Pocket PC Windows Mobile Professional are positively spoilt for choice when it comes to sexy devices, while Smartphone owners have had a somewhat less exciting time of late. If you're an AT&T customer in the US, then things are about to change! Forget the iPhone (maybe), forget the Tilt (if you're a Smartphone fan), and feast your eyes on the Pantech C810b!

Scooped courtesy of BoyGenius, the C810b features...

• Innovative dual-slider design, featuring QVGA display with flip-up tilt!
  • spacer.gifQWERTY and conventional keypads (both backlit)
  • GPS Receiver with location services like Google Maps
  • spacer.gifAT&T Video Share-capable
  • spacer.gifDigital Camera - 2 Megapixels with Flash
  • spacer.gifUSB Mass Storage function
  • spacer.gifInfrared Port - Yes
  • spacer.gifVoice-driven Menus
  • Bluetooth Stereo Headset (A2DP) - A2DP and AVRC profiles
  • 2.5mm headset jack
  • spacer.gifminiUSB
  • spacer.gifGSM 850, 900, 1800, 1900 networks
  • spacer.gifHSDPA (Avg 700 Kbps), EDGE (Up to 144 Kbps)
  • spacer.gif128 MB memory
  • spacer.gifmicroSD
  • 4.3 in (109.2mm) x 2.3 in (58.4mm) x 0.9 (22.8mm) in

I don't know about you, but these specs completely blow my socks off! HSDPA, GPS, Tilt and dual keyboards in a Smartphone? This is one device i'm going to be importing for sure if it lives up to it's billings!

The device is expected to drop on AT&T later this month, priced at $249.99 on a 2 year contract (yuk!).

The only downside? It's not thin at 22.8mm thick. The HTC Vox sizes by comparison - 101.5mm x 50mm x 17.7mm. That said, I don't think it's a killer blow given the specs. Your thoughts?

;)

P

pantech810-1.jpgpantech810-2.jpg

Guest Kallisti

No wifi and only a few mm shorter than the Hermes? Hell, it's bigger in most directions than the Kaiser... I thought the advantage of having a Smartphone would be that it would be smaller? Can't see the point in one that isn't.

Guest Paul (MVP)

No WiFi listed there, doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't have it tho ;)

Size comparisons:

C810b: 109mm x 58mm x 23mm

Nokia N95: 99mm x 53mm x 21mm

Kaiser: 112mm x 59mm x 19mm

Hermes: 113mm x 58mm x 22mm

P

Guest chaznet

I've read elsewhere that it doesn't...

No WiFi listed there, doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't have it tho ;)

Size comparisons:

C810b: 109mm x 58mm x 23mm

Nokia N95: 99mm x 53mm x 21mm

Kaiser: 112mm x 59mm x 19mm

Hermes: 113mm x 58mm x 22mm

P

Guest nickcornaglia

a bit big...a bit ugly. Specs are nice...but thanks to the Touch I've found joy in PPCs again. Still undecided whether or not I need a keyboard or not...but for now...it's PPCs for me! ;)

Guest xorangefirex

Looks like a pretty good phone. For the most part the double sliders seems to lose something in functionality, but this one didn't seem to fall prey to this fallacy. Ill be waiting for full judgment when the full specs come out. I couldn't imagine they would let this phone release without WiFi. However, I've been wrong before.

No WiFi = more likely to get people to buy the smartphone unlimited data plan.

I've see no evidence of the screen tilting on this phone, so I'm skeptical of that. This would be a no brainer for me if it has Professional instead of Standard, as is it's just another very tempting device that I should avoid as I wait 2 months for something else to blow it out of the water.

• 2 months later...
Guest shellylay

I've had the phone for about 2 weeks and I'm returning it tomorrow. I upgraded from Cingular's 2125 which is definitely a great phone, but wanted to upgrade to a QWERTY phone. Although the Duo was smaller than my 2125, and had the nice QWERTY keyboard, the phone quality was really shotty. The sound was very muffled and people complained that there was a lot of crosstalk when they talked with me. In places where normally I would get full signal strength, I would only get 1 or 2 bars ... and this would be next to a window. Lastly, I would choose a number to call from my phone book, and the display will say that it's dialing, but no dial tone can be heard, and when I would push end, it would take at least 3 or 4 frustrated pushes for the call to end. I would have to do this a couple of times for a call to go through, and then I would find out that the person I was trying to call, got connected during my attempts, but I didn't hear anything. It could be my personal device and maybe I need to exchange it for another, but the sound quality alone made me decide to return it ... and the problems making the phone calls just verified my decision.

If you are still interested in the phone, it definitely does not have wi-fi. It's worth trying out just in case it was my personal device but don't get it for the QWERTY if you you're someone w/big hands. I'm 5'3" and I sometimes had trouble hitting the right letters.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.