Tweak requests?

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Something bothering you about your new toy? Would you just like your favourite tweak CAB'd up to make it easier for you to install?

I'm now taking requests :wub:

P

(PS Please don't ask for anything illegal, hacked from another ROM etc. etc. Thanks ;))

paul i am curious, is there any application that can turn automatically my wireless on every day at 9 and turn it of at let's say 10? the same question goes for the bluetooth and the phone too.

if there is not, i would be glad to develop it, if someone can show me some basics on pda development since i am a vb developer already.

Request:

Is it possible to speed up the Pocket IE when scrolling large web page? Not, downloading it btw.

I found the performace is awful, very slow when scrolling the Pocket IE.

Try this:

- Use Pocket IE

- Set the view option to ONE COLUMN

- Picture must be displayed

- Text size "smaller"

- Connect to internet

- Browse to http://news.google.com/news

- Wait until finish

Then scroll the page using stylus, etc.

The performance is really terrible.

Not sure with Opera or other browser because I dont have them (not yet installed).

Try PocketMax's PhoneAlarm - http://www.pocketmax.net/phoneAlarm.html

paul i am curious, is there any application that can turn automatically my wireless on every day at 9 and turn it of at let's say 10? the same question goes for the bluetooth and the phone too.

if there is not, i would be glad to develop it, if someone can show me some basics on pda development since i am a vb developer already.

Is it possible to change what [FN]+[Right Arrow] does?

Currently it opens the file explorer, but I would like to use it for something else (either context menu or start a different app).

Thanks!

Hi

I would like a way to change the LED flashing notifications.

I'd prefer to stop the network LED flash altogether and just have it flash when SMS/Email was received. At the moment the Orange (well Yellow) flashing for SMS against the light Green flash for network isn't distinct enough.

Regards

Phil

Guest Webreaper

Couple of requests from me:

1. For some reason, on the small 'New' sub-menu in SMS/MMS messaging, MMS is the first entry. Why they didn't just have 'New MMS' and 'New SMS' without the sub-menu, god only knows. So anyway, is it possible to change it so that SMS is the default? I only ever use SMS, never MMS. Alternatively, putting 'Delete' back on the menu, and making the left context-button do 'New SMS' would be ideal.

2. Is there any way to change the programmes listed in the HTC Homeplug plugin? It makes a good alternative to the Resco Plugin, but I can't see anywhere to configure it with the apps of my choice? ;)

Guest dolbe666

is there a quick fix to stop the installation cab files from being deleted after install? im tired of saving cab files to my storage and installing them and finding them gone when i need to reinstall

Guest Webreaper
is there a quick fix to stop the installation cab files from being deleted after install? im tired of saving cab files to my storage and installing them and finding them gone when i need to reinstall

Use file explorer to make them read-only before you install.

That's odd. My Kaiser doesn't do that and I haven't seen that behaviour ever since WM 2003. My cab files are not read-only. ???

Is there any tweak that would allow turning bluetooth on and off with a single key or by voice? It's sort of a pain to go through comm manager to turn it on when you're on the move. Thanks

Guest Webreaper
Is there any tweak that would allow turning bluetooth on and off with a single key or by voice? It's sort of a pain to go through comm manager to turn it on when you're on the move. Thanks

Check out PhoneAlarm from Pocketmax.net - it does that and loads of other cool stuff.

Guest Special2k3

A hack for disableing the windows animation which where activated by your first tweak pack would be great ;)

A quicker way for sending a new sms would also be great.

Special2k3

I'd like a way to be able to reduce the backlight power further than allowed in the Power (or is it Screen) section. The reason being that indoors it could be even darker and I should still be able to read it, while reducing battery consumption.

Guest 3waygeek

It should be possible -- a quick browse of the registry shows the way:

1. Copy the wav file(s) containing the sound(s) you want into the Windows directory. You can have different sounds for opening & closing the keyboard.
  2. Create a registry key under HKLM\Software\HTC\SlidingSound. Name this key with a numeric value 1 greater than the last subkey; e.g. if the last key is named 2, create one named 3.
  3. In the new key set the following values:

1. Default value should be the string you want to show up in the sliding sound applet.
    2. Create a string value named in; set its value to the name of the wav file you want to play when the keyboard is being closed.
    3. Create a string value named out; set its value to the name of the wav file you want to play when the keyboard is being opened.

[*]Close the reg editor, soft reset and go into the sliding sound applet; your new sound should be in the droplist.

Of course this won't survive a hard reset; to do that you'd have to customize the ExtROM.

Hi!

Thanks for your reply....

Didn't work for me exactly as you wrote (the extra value didn't appear in the dropdown list in settings..

Butwhat I did, I backed upthe sound files, and changed the value of one of the existing values n a diffrent sound file.

Works like a charm......