Kaiser Notifications

Guest Phil_UK

Guest mobowhunter

Phil,

Very nice app - I have the AT&T Tilt and the Amber light does not work. I am wondering if you had a chance to look at it anymore more.

Thank you for your time and help!

Phil,

Apart from the issues, one use I get out of this app is the missed call notification - even if it's green and not amber or red.

If you are able to work out the discussed kinks, this would be great app.

Appreciate the effort.

Phil,

Is there a way to make the LED blink faster than 3 secs? To me coming from a Treo world, it's easier than trying to figure out the colour schemes.

Thanks

Edited by H K

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Transform

this app looks awesome and i think i will use it in the future but for now there are too many bugs. it will be useful to have an app that flashes/vibrates/sounds when i have a missed call/text message/email ;)

Guest Vanstra
this app looks awesome and i think i will use it in the future but for now there are too many bugs. it will be useful to have an app that flashes/vibrates/sounds when i have a missed call/text message/email ;)

Use 'PhoneAlarm' from www.pocketmax.net

Guest jeffreii

Hi are you still developing this program? I really needed something like this but I have a couple problems with it:

1) I know you said it's a known issue, but not having the LED indicate the charging status is annoying to me. Yeah you can see it on the screen, but the whole purpose of the LED is to give a visual indication without turning your phone on.

2) I love the red blinking light for when I have missed phone calls...however I need this for SMS too! The only real option in your program for SMS is the blue light which blinks twice as slowly as the green one. I had originally been looking for a way to make it blink twice as FAST! If it is somehow possible to make the red light available for missed calls AND SMS this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Phil_UK
Hi Phil,

can you install in your program the email Notification led does not flash but shines?

Is this possible?

Gruß

Slide71

Hi

I don't have the code to make it stay on permanently on the Kaiser, and if it did that would reduce the standby time quite a lot as it's an extra drain on the battery.

Regards

Phil

Guest jjordan

Just downloaded your program and have not even installed it yet but it looks good. I wanted to offer an idea on the amber thing. First off, I am an electronics technician, not a programmer so I have no idea how to implement this, it is just something for you to consider. Most tri-state LEDs have only two colors, red and green; the third color, amber, is produced by rapidly switching between the green and red LEDs. Latency in the diodes and the human eye make the color appear amber if the switching occurs rapidly enough.

-j

Guest McYoda

Hi Phil_UK

WHAT A GREAT APP!!! I love it... but:

What about changing the logic for the LED settings. The idea is, that eg. I would like to be able to have to blue LED assigned to bluetooth on/off, so I thought, why not have the LED colours as a fixed value and in the drop downs the possible phone functions to assign. Eg. you would have a title "Blue:" (for the blue LED apparently) and in the drop down you would have the options of Phone, Bluetooth, Missed Calls, Unread SMS/MMS, Unread Emails, and so on. I think this would give the user a lot more flexibility. At least I would appreciate that quite much.

Would be nice if you at least consider this for a next release. Maybe to have it as an option chosen by the user: either assignments as it is now or as I proposed above...

Thanks a lot for this great piece of software

McYoda

Edited by McYoda

Guest Phil_UK

Hi

Just downloaded your program and have not even installed it yet but it looks good. I wanted to offer an idea on the amber thing. First off, I am an electronics technician, not a programmer so I have no idea how to implement this, it is just something for you to consider. Most tri-state LEDs have only two colors, red and green; the third color, amber, is produced by rapidly switching between the green and red LEDs. Latency in the diodes and the human eye make the color appear amber if the switching occurs rapidly enough.

Thanks for the tip, unfortunately the Kaiser doesn't work that way as I don't flash the LED by sending On and Off commands, I just send an On command and the Qualcomm chip flashes the LED until it gets an Off command or a command to flash another colour. I can not find out how to flash it amber, no combination works, and don't have the information on how to reprogram the flash rates. HTC are not being very helpful as I can't get past first line support and silly questions.

What about changing the logic for the LED settings. The idea is, that eg. I would like to be able to have to blue LED assigned to bluetooth on/off, so I thought, why not have the LED colours as a fixed value and in the drop downs the possible phone functions to assign. Eg. you would have a title "Blue:" (for the blue LED apparently) and in the drop down you would have the options of Phone, Bluetooth, Missed Calls, Unread SMS/MMS, Unread Emails, and so on. I think this would give the user a lot more flexibility. At least I would appreciate that quite much.

Thank you for your feedback. Yes other similar suggestions have been made. Due to the way each LED behaves (the left and right need different combinations of commands) it would get quite complicated in the code to achieve this. I'm going to have a go re-engineering the code to do it, but can't make any promises.

Regards

Phil

Guest shrutis

I installed this after installing and uninstalling LED Killer and I'm getting an error that reads "Cannot execute \Program Files\LED Killer\MortScript.exe" and then Kaiser stops working. If I go back into the setup and hit save, it works again.

Is MortScript something that Kaiser Notifications needs, or is there something leftover from LED Killer that's looking for MortScript?

Thanks!

Guest Phil_UK

Hi

I installed this after installing and uninstalling LED Killer and I'm getting an error that reads "Cannot execute \Program Files\LED Killer\MortScript.exe" and then Kaiser stops working. If I go back into the setup and hit save, it works again.

Is MortScript something that Kaiser Notifications needs, or is there something leftover from LED Killer that's looking for MortScript?

The program doesn't use LED Killer at all or the MortScript.

Sounds like when LED Killer was uninstalled it's left something behind that is still trying to do something, and then finding it's missing the files.

Maybe try reinstalling the LED Killer app and then have a go uninstalling again.

Regards

Phil

Guest drittnisse

great idea, but dont really work..

just installed the app, but after changing and saving, my kaiser still only flashes green on the left side. the only thing that seems to work is turning off the leds... have tryed to install twice, and restarted the phone.

any idea what im doing wrong?

regards

drittnisse

Guest aandi87

Hi phil,

is it possilble to change the Reminder Indicators only, without touching the charging indicator, WIFI or GPS?

Maybe you should leave them alone or offer an point to set the Led to their defaults, because I think the WIFI, GPS and charging information displayed through the Led are very useful.

Greetings

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Teknowledge

Hello, I just got my ATT Tilt and i Installed this program and I ran it. After I hit Save it gave me a bunch of errors that read "LED Port Cannot Be Opened" Now all my LEDs dont work. PLease Help!!!!! :)

Guest Loconinja
hello phil uk,

you seem to be an expert in programs for ppc.... i was just wondering if you are able to edit and add a feature for the camera to tag pictures with gps position after a picture has been taken directly to exif files?

I just miss this feature from my old hw6915 wherein everytime that iam on holiday and away all i need to do is take a snap of a particular points of interest and it automatically turns on the gps and tag the position where the photos was taken.. so when i get home all i need to do is upload those picture directly to LOCR and presto photos with positions.

thanks,

dennis

Here you go:

http://wiki.modaco.com/index.php/HTC_Kaise...S_Photo_Tagging

P.S. Why is this thread in the Smartphone forum?

Guest Phil_UK

Hi

Hello, I just got my ATT Tilt and i Installed this program and I ran it. After I hit Save it gave me a bunch of errors that read "LED Port Cannot Be Opened" Now all my LEDs dont work. PLease Help!!!!! :)

I think I may have answered this one over at XDA.

If you are getting the LED Port Cannot Be Opened that seems to indicate that perhaps some other software has the ports open or something isn't quite right with the installation.

There are no permanent changes made to your LEDs. To revert back use 'Remove Programs' to un-install the program then do a soft reset, the easiest way is to press and hold the power button until you get the turn off prompt, turn off then back again and your LEDs will be restored. If they still don't work then please ensure you have no other software on the phone taking control of the LED indicators.

Try re-installing if you want to give it another go, however it may not work correctly if you have other software trying to do things with the LEDs.

There are also other tweaks you can make to disable the LEDs such as changing the registry and this may also stop the program from working. You will need to undo these changes first.

Regards

Phil

Guest Phil_UK

Hi

great idea, but dont really work..

just installed the app, but after changing and saving, my kaiser still only flashes green on the left side. the only thing that seems to work is turning off the leds... have tryed to install twice, and restarted the phone.

any idea what im doing wrong?

regards

drittnisse

Green by default flashes if you have a missed calls or BlueTooth on (currently amber flashes green and I have had no joy getting any info from HTC).

Can you try setting BlueTooth to None, and missed calls to none and see if the LED flashes Red for mobile signal. If it does the application is working and you either have BlueTooth on or missed calls or Windows Mobile is giving false information, i.e. saying it has missed calls when it doesn't.

Regards

Phil

Guest demanux
Hi

It wasn't written for the HTC SmartPhone in mind, you could try it, if it installs it might work.

Regards

Phil

I have a HTC P4550 the KAISER with a french rom .

I had an exception error ( out of range on int32) when i start the application.

Edited by demanux

Guest Phil_UK

Hi

I have a HTC P4550 the KAISER with a french rom .

I had an exception error ( out of range on int32) when i start the application.

Did you install the device?

Regards

Phil

Hi all,

Might be completely off the topic, but does anyone know of a programme to enable intermittent vibration? I think that at present in Kaiser, there is only continuous vibration or vibrate once then ring, but not intermittent to go with the tune.

Thanks in advance.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.