(NOW AVAILABLE) New QVGA "PAH Vista" Homescreen themes

Guest paholman

Guest Rolandhurt01
Hi Roland,

Which phoneAlarm skin are you using? The PAH Vista set contains both 12 and 24 hour versions, so try a different skin to see if this helps.

Once you find the erroneous skin, can you send it (attach it) so I can check the code.

Did you install the latest version?

Thanks

I sorted it out. I uninstalled all the Vista Skins and PhoneAlarm, then installed the non PhoneAlarm version, then installed PhoneAlarm then the PhoneAlarm version and everything was fine.

Guest mmmp9mbb
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

The multiple calendar lines is indeed displayed by the Facade plugin, as is the ability to display custom images as icons (Facade Launcher) which is what I used to display my Vista icons.

There is a free multiple calendar plugin called CBReminder: It can be downloaded here: http://chrisb.homelinux.org/cbreminder/

This works pretty well at displaying multiple entries, but it doesn't allow different sizes for Portrait/Landscape switching, seems to mis-align on a reboot where it puts double spaces between entries, so it can look odd at times. The only other minor glitch is when you don't have any appointments it does not display "There are no appointments" but the German translation instead.

This may not matter to some, but I couldn't find any way to translate this, admittedly I didn't actually try to contact the developer, but as I'd bought Facade I didn't meddle with the free plugin too much. I could do a PAH Vista version that uses this plugin and see if you liked it.

Perhaps Chris (Prosper) knows a little more about this plugin as he's more experienced with homescreens than I am, and he has a link to the plugin on his homepage. Alternatively you could contact the actual Developer of the plugin on the above link to find out more.

I hope this helps

Thanks for your advice. I think i may have to invest in facade. Im just a little worried about buying these products though. In terms of if u lose /upgrade ur phone. Can u transfer the program on to ur new phone or do u have to buy another one? Also if i do buy it, do i have to uninstall the homescreen first or can i just install the facade cab and it will sort itself out. On your installation instructions u say to instal the facade cab before PAH cab?

Guest paholman
Thanks for your advice. I think i may have to invest in facade. Im just a little worried about buying these products though. In terms of if u lose /upgrade ur phone. Can u transfer the program on to ur new phone or do u have to buy another one? Also if i do buy it, do i have to uninstall the homescreen first or can i just install the facade cab and it will sort itself out. On your installation instructions u say to instal the facade cab before PAH cab?

I can't comment regarding the licensing of Facade sorry, but in regards to my homescreen, once you install the Facade cab, simply change your homescreen to use one of the PAH Vista Facade ones.

I put it in my instructions basically to install all plugins before selecting one of the PAH Vista homescreens to save having to reload different homescreens each time. It doesn't matter if you install a plugin afterwards, but you need to reload the homescreen for newly installed plugins to take affect.

My advice would be to try Facade, as a trial version is available, and purchase a registration key if you like it.

;)

Edited by paholman

Guest KyungSoo
You can review the actual topic here: http://www.modaco.com/change-startup-shutdown-t244189.html

Some devices such as the Orange SPV E650 have animated GIF files as their startup and shutdown screens, and this is what I replaced with the ones on the 1st post. Other devices such as the HTC S710 does not have the animated screens. The difference between the two devices as far as I can see if oemstartup.dll in the Windows folder. On my device this is the DLL that is used when shutting down and starting up to enable the animated GIF files to play. The Orange SPV E650 has this file, and value in the registry, but the HTC version doesn't.

I don't know which devices have it, and which don't so it's a case of checking yourself, and the registry entries:-

HKLM\System\Startup\1\Dll (String)= "\Windows\oemstartup.dll"

HKLM\System\Shutdown\1\Dll (String)= "\Windows\oemstartup.dll"

If you have these, then the animated GIF's should work, so save them as files from the 1st post, copy them to yoru device \Windows folder, and update the following registry entries:-

HKLM\Software\HTC\Startup\Image (String)= "\Windows\PAH_Vista_Startup.gif"

HKLM\Software\HTC\Shutdown\Image (String)= "\Windows\PAH_Vista_Startup.gif".

Those that don't have the above registry entries and oemstartup.dll file, may use the following registry keys:-

HKLM\System\Startup\1\Splash (String)= "\Windows\PAH_Vista_Splash.gif"

HKLM\System\Shutdown\1\Splash (String)= "\Windows\PAH_Vista_Splash.gif"

With the above, only static images can be used, animations don't work.

I hope this helps

sorry to be a bother, but i was wondering if the starup/shutdown screens were ever converted to landscape?

Guest paholman
sorry to be a bother, but i was wondering if the starup/shutdown screens were ever converted to landscape?

Not yet.

Hopefully will be done end of this week.

Guest Rolandhurt01

You should be able to install Facade on any phone you have got e.g. if you upgrade to a new phone because the license key is locked to the email address that you used when purchasing it.

Roland

• 3 weeks later...
Guest paholman

Hi Roland,

In response to your question in this post: http://www.modaco.com/index.php?s=&sho...st&p=854678

I have started using your WMP plugin version of the Vista Homescreen and wonderd if it would be possible to add the GPRS plugin to the WMP Homescreen to make it more complete.

Roland

Here is a WMP version with Facade and the GPRS plugin

PAH_Vista_PA_Facade_GPRS_WMP.home.zip

;)

Edited by paholman

• 1 month later...
Guest essigcreme

hey,

I installed everything, it looked really fine, but suddenly I couldn't use my wifi anymore. everytime I wanted to connect to the router, it stopped after about 10 seconds and wifi was suddenly turned off again.

so I had to remove it, unfortunately. does it have to do anything with the plugins? probably facade?

btw, I use a qtek 8310 with the newest wm6 (v3.6) on it...

Edited by essigcreme

Guest paholman
hey,

I installed everything, it looked really fine, but suddenly I couldn't use my wifi anymore. everytime I wanted to connect to the router, it stopped after about 10 seconds and wifi was suddenly turned off again.

so I had to remove it, unfortunately. does it have to do anything with the plugins? probably facade?

Hi,

It's likely to be the phoneAlarm plugin, did you install that option?

Try the non-PhoneAlarm version to see if it eliminates the problem.

If it does, try an alternative homescreeen that also uses phoneAlarm and see if the problem re-emerges, then at least we isolated the cause, and can raise it with the Developer

Thanks

Guest Espensodal
hey,

Yes it is probably your Phone Alarm. if you enter settings on PA and select radio/bluetooth, theres an option on wifi to either unactive, unchanged or active. try switching from not active to unchanged. that should fix it

Guest essigcreme
Yes it is probably your Phone Alarm. if you enter settings on PA and select radio/bluetooth, theres an option on wifi to either unactive, unchanged or active. try switching from not active to unchanged. that should fix it

thanks for the replies, but I didn't even install phonealarm and used the non PA version. I only put on facade, alarminfo and smartmonitor...

maybe I should just try again.

thanks for the replies, but I didn't even install phonealarm and used the non PA version. I only put on facade, alarminfo and smartmonitor...

maybe I should just try again.

Hi Essigcreme,

I don't suppose you had the phone connected to your PC when this was happening? If so, disconnect the USB cable and try the WiFi again; there is a setting (can't remember where off the top of my head, but I am sure some kind soul will post the details) that turns off the WiFi when connected via USB, but this can be changed.

Just a thought, maybe it is not the cause but I thought I would mention it...

Weezle :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest zamliman
You can review the actual topic here: http://www.modaco.com/change-startup-shutdown-t244189.html

Some devices such as the Orange SPV E650 have animated GIF files as their startup and shutdown screens, and this is what I replaced with the ones on the 1st post. Other devices such as the HTC S710 does not have the animated screens. The difference between the two devices as far as I can see if oemstartup.dll in the Windows folder. On my device this is the DLL that is used when shutting down and starting up to enable the animated GIF files to play. The Orange SPV E650 has this file, and value in the registry, but the HTC version doesn't.

I don't know which devices have it, and which don't so it's a case of checking yourself, and the registry entries:-

HKLM\System\Startup\1\Dll (String)= "\Windows\oemstartup.dll"

HKLM\System\Shutdown\1\Dll (String)= "\Windows\oemstartup.dll"

If you have these, then the animated GIF's should work, so save them as files from the 1st post, copy them to yoru device \Windows folder, and update the following registry entries:-

HKLM\Software\HTC\Startup\Image (String)= "\Windows\PAH_Vista_Startup.gif"

HKLM\Software\HTC\Shutdown\Image (String)= "\Windows\PAH_Vista_Startup.gif".

Those that don't have the above registry entries and oemstartup.dll file, may use the following registry keys:-

HKLM\System\Startup\1\Splash (String)= "\Windows\PAH_Vista_Splash.gif"

HKLM\System\Shutdown\1\Splash (String)= "\Windows\PAH_Vista_Splash.gif"

With the above, only static images can be used, animations don't work.

I hope this helps

I DONT EVEN HAVE THE STARTUP KEY

OR MAYBE I HAVE WRONG I DONT NO HELP PLEASE

Guest paholman
I DONT EVEN HAVE THE STARTUP KEY

OR MAYBE I HAVE WRONG I DONT NO HELP PLEASE

What device do you have?

I only know of the key entries for the Orange branded E650.

Has anyone else tried the startup/shutdown screens, and if so, which device do you have and which keys did you change?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest de vetnek
v0.96 - Added Fizz Weather versions

It works almost fine. except it keeps on telling me. "can't find PAinit"

causing the clock not to display. so I'm missing the upper part of the theme :)

anybody??

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Scoobypup

I got this working great on my SMT5800(libra/s720) but it absolutely kills my battery life for some reason (12hrs to dead) and I seem to have a memory leak with it enabled also. This is using the basic no extra apps version. Does anyone else have this issue or is there something I can do to fix it? I don't have anything else installed on my phone and if I switch to the standard home theme, everything is good.

• 1 month later...
Guest Jake E

I love the PAH VIsta theme on my Blackjack II and was wondering if it's possible to display Tasks (go to grocery store, etc.) with the appointments. Am I missing a setting? Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest clambert11

I sent this to Paholman himself, but it's actually probably better suited here in the public forums.

My issue is the inability to install the cab file.

Phone Info...

Verizon SMT5800 (HTC)

WM6

phoneAlarm SP 1.14.1

Facade 1.4.1

Alarm Info 1.06

GPRS Traffic Monitor 3.51w

When I go to install PAH Vista with PA I get the following error... "Installation was unsuccessful. The program setting cannot be installed because it does not have sufficient permissions." I get the error with either cab file (pA or non pA). Other cab files have installed without issue.

Although my phone is not a VOX, it's similar (SMT5800). Perhaps this is my issue. I tend to think it is.

Anyone have an idea of something else I can try?

Thanks,

Craig

Edited by clambert11

• 2 weeks later...
Guest paholman
I sent this to Paholman himself, but it's actually probably better suited here in the public forums.

My issue is the inability to install the cab file.

Phone Info...

Verizon SMT5800 (HTC)

WM6

phoneAlarm SP 1.14.1

Facade 1.4.1

Alarm Info 1.06

GPRS Traffic Monitor 3.51w

When I go to install PAH Vista with PA I get the following error... "Installation was unsuccessful. The program setting cannot be installed because it does not have sufficient permissions." I get the error with either cab file (pA or non pA). Other cab files have installed without issue.

Although my phone is not a VOX, it's similar (SMT5800). Perhaps this is my issue. I tend to think it is.

Anyone have an idea of something else I can try?

Thanks,

Craig

Hi Craig,

Sorry for the delay.

The error indicates your phone is not "Application unlocked".

Although there's many posts in this part of the forum on how to Apps unlock the VOX, I'm not sure it will work for the SMT5800.

You could try here

or use a registry editor, change the following values to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies0001001 = 1

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies0001005 = 40

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Policies\Policies0001017 = 16

If that fails, try these posts:-

- Microsoft Device Security Manager

- Application Unlock Tool

- Search results of Application Unlock

I hope they help

:D

Guest clambert11

Thanks for the reply. I found THIS the other day. I was able to install the CAB after applying Step 1 in the post.

Nice job on this homescreen. Looks great!

Thanks again,

Craig

• 2 weeks later...
Guest clambert11
How to install this theme, please help my.

What exactly is the problem you are having? It's hard to help without knowing what's up.

More details please...