The 'I got my Vario III' thread

Guest rickyburke

I've spoken to 3 difffernt T-Mobile people the last week, and wanted to check the answer they gave me is correct - as it all seems a bit confused to me!

Currently I have an 18month contract with T-Mobile, due to end Feb 08. I got a quote to terminate it early - which was £95 as I expected. I don't mind paying this as I want to take-up a new contract with a Vario III.

The issue seems to be keeping my existing number. The Guy I spoke to in retentions yesterday said I would need to Port my Number away from T-Mobile- to say another networks pay-as-you-go, Start a New Connection with T-Mobile and then Port my number back again to the New Connection.

Can anyone who has done this verify this is indeed the correct procedure? All seems a bit fiddly to me, but if it has to be done then..... Also which is the simplest network to do this with? As it's pay-as-you-go is the porting process, both inwards and outwards, simple and autonamous - or do you have to deal with Customer Services directly to port away again after so short a time?

Guest dead_beat
The issue seems to be keeping my existing number. The Guy I spoke to in retentions yesterday said I would need to Port my Number away from T-Mobile- to say another networks pay-as-you-go, Start a New Connection with T-Mobile and then Port my number back again to the New Connection.

Can anyone who has done this verify this is indeed the correct procedure? All seems a bit fiddly to me, but if it has to be done then..... Also which is the simplest network to do this with? As it's pay-as-you-go is the porting process, both inwards and outwards, simple and autonamous - or do you have to deal with Customer Services directly to port away again after so short a time?

This is exactly what needs to be done. For some stupid reason it's impossible to transfer your number internally on any network.

I had to do the above procedure when i terminated my 3 contract early to get a new phone. I ported my number to an orange PAYG sim and then ported it back to 3. It was a pain in the buttocks and took 2 weeks all in all but there isn't anything else you can do if you wanna keep your number.

Guest FloatingFatMan
Just phoned T-Mobile. They say it is NOT free on this Tarrif.

I didn't tell them I signed up yesterday or anything, I just asked them about the info in the instore magazine and they said that's not true.

Totally confused now lol

/edit don't suppose anyone knows if there is a T-Mobile store anywhere near Bridlington? lol

DJ

Trade descriptions laws in the UK require them to sell a product at the advertised price, but ONLY for the exact deal mentioned in the catalogue, and only for places where the catalogue applies. AFAIK, that's only in-store; web prices and call center prices can be different quite legally, but the store holding the catalogues MUST honour the deal.

Oh, and I plan to visit my local T-Mobile store on Saturday to ask them about the Vario 3, just like I have every Saturday for the past month or so. If they tell me again that its not out yet, I'll get mine out of my pocket and show em up! ;)

Edited by FloatingFatMan

Guest nickynoodles

Finally got one .. w00t. Arrives tomorrow by 1pm.

I seriously can't work out the T-Mobile upgrades department, it's like playing a game of dice!

- First call, I was quoted £200, was told the best deal they could do is to move me to a Flext35 WnW plan to make the phone £180.

- Second call, guy said the phone would be £100 upgrade, and I could choose any new plan. Went for the Flext20 WnW, and I'm a really low call user but use plenty of web traffic. I know some people managed £60-80 but I didn't want to roll the dice again.

So, as others have said, if you get a stupid quote keep phoning until you get a quote you like. Bonkers.

This is exactly what needs to be done. For some stupid reason it's impossible to transfer your number internally on any network.

I had to do the above procedure when i terminated my 3 contract early to get a new phone. I ported my number to an orange PAYG sim and then ported it back to 3. It was a pain in the buttocks and took 2 weeks all in all but there isn't anything else you can do if you wanna keep your number.

Cheers for verifying that. What was the exact process with Orange to Port In and Port Out? Is it all done on-line or does it involve calling their Customer Services to get the PAC Code to port away again?

Edited by rawly

Guest sc0user_75

I just got my one today. I also got the 25% discount on Flext 25 W&W. Paying £27.50, but am thinking about upgrading this to Flext 25 W&W+. Seems you only pay another 50p extra.

Must say about the phone that it looks a lot better in the flesh than on pics. BUT still not as nice looking as the Tytn ;)

Gonna play about with it when I get home tonight.

Guest dead_beat
Cheers for verifying that. What was the exact process with Orange to Port In and Port Out? Is it all done on-line or does it involve calling their Customer Services to get the PAC Code to port away again?

Unfortunatly you've gotta speak to customer services to get your pac number and to port away again.

When you ring orange just state you wanna port from t-mob as a temp measure coz you're gonna be porting back again.

Edited by dead_beat

Guest Tothotspur

I phoned t-mobile today and they also denied the offer in their magazine. They then proceeded to quote me with the you have to pay £179.99 to get the phone (i have phoned them 4 times and the price has not changed) ;)

Guest dead_beat

I've just got my Vario III ;)

It's smaller than i thought it would be, just unpacked it and hooked up the charger etc. Gonna have a good mess around with it... Can't wait!

Guest DJ_Enigma
I phoned t-mobile today and they also denied the offer in their magazine. They then proceeded to quote me with the you have to pay £179.99 to get the phone (i have phoned them 4 times and the price has not changed) ;)

I reckon they log your number so when you phone back they give you the same price.

They said to me that must be a carphonewarehouse mag and not theirs lol grrr!

DJ

/edit completely off topic, but I'm new to these forums...how do I see what threads I've posted in? I want to see when someone has replied without having to go through the main forum. Used to a different type of forum where it shows subscribed threads in user control panel. Cheers.

Edited by DJ_Enigma

Guest jpwjpw

I just phoned up. 10 months into my 12 month subscription through my company. Am on relax 35 with web and walk (£42.50).

Now getting a vario III delivered tomorrow for free and £10 a month off my bill!

;)

Guest Mr.Clark
I reckon they log your number so when you phone back they give you the same price.
Does the "dial 141 before the number" trick still block the sending of your number? Might be worth a try. I'll phone from my office phone, O2 mobile, office mobile and home phone if I have to, although I'm prepared to spend up to £150 on a Flext25 WnW 12 month contract...

Guest Tothotspur

would t-mob let me upgrade my tariff to flext 50 with W&W (including my 25% for life discount would come to about £40) then downgrade the following month?

Guest predo1

well i have magazine in my hands just now. Shop was of course out of stock (probably until next week) but when asked directly about that offer (me pointing it with a finger in the magazine) he said that it looks like flext £30 plus w&w for £7.5 as a seperate thing rather then bundle.

But still £37.5 for 18 months and phone for free isn't too bad I think... we'll see where it goes...

Guest Chris-C
would t-mob let me upgrade my tariff to flext 50 with W&W (including my 25% for life discount would come to about £40) then downgrade the following month?

I very much doubt they'd let you downgrade after one month. you'd probably be tied in for the 18 months.

I've been having no luck with the customer care / upgrades department. Because I bought a Vario on Flext35 + W&W when it came out i was getting it less 25% then i complained about coverage and got my contract for £22.50 a month. Because of this they say i can only have the phone for £100 and pay full price - £42.50 for Flext 35 + W&W even though i could be a new customer and get the phone for free and only pay £37.50.

I'm awaiting a call from their customer relations team. Hopefully they'll sort something out for me. I'll report back when I know something.

Guest predo1
/edit completely off topic, but I'm new to these forums...how do I see what threads I've posted in? I want to see when someone has replied without having to go through the main forum. Used to a different type of forum where it shows subscribed threads in user control panel. Cheers.

you have options on top right hand side of the forum where you can select track this thread.

then you go to My Controls and select subscribed threads ( or something like that ) and you see it all.

According to tmobile t&c you are not allowed to change tariff to lower for 11 months.

well i have magazine in my hands just now. Shop was of course out of stock (probably until next week) but when asked directly about that offer (me pointing it with a finger in the magazine) he said that it looks like flext £30 plus w&w for £7.5 as a seperate thing rather then bundle.

But still £37.5 for 18 months and phone for free isn't too bad I think... we'll see where it goes...

w'n'w price is £12.50 in the magazine ;)

Guest predo1

thats w&w plus, i had normal one in mind.

And while on that, do you know what really is the difference? How do they block instant messaging on normal w&w ?

Guest TomaHawk

well i ordered on fri so should be here today.

does anyone know what delivery method scancom uses? and has anyone received theres yet? ( vario 3)

they ahd 2 left when i rang. so its not a stock issue. bee nwieghting in all day.

Guest FloatingFatMan
well i ordered on fri so should be here today.

does anyone know what delivery method scancom uses? and has anyone received theres yet? ( vario 3)

they ahd 2 left when i rang. so its not a stock issue. bee nwieghting in all day.

Parcelforce. I ordered by Friday, and it arrived Saturday afternoon (after being told Monday).

Unfortunatly you've gotta speak to customer services to get your pac number and to port away again.

When you ring orange just state you wanna port from t-mob as a temp measure coz you're gonna be porting back again.

Got my PAC code. Even though I told them why I was porting away they still tried to convince me to wait till February to get the handset! Cost me £80 to terminate 5 months early - well worth it in my opinion to get the benefits of a "new connection" when I return.

I noticed Orange have a limited 3 day offer (1-3 October) for a FREE PAYG SIM - so I ordered one of them for nothing:

http://shop.orange.co.uk/shop/index?WT.hplink=Hh

Edited by rawly