The 'I got my Vario III' thread

Guest rickyburke

So totally gonna get my PAC from o2 and go with T-Mobile. Wonder how much they'll charge me for a new customer...

Anywho,is it just grey all over rather than the black? Does it look tacky? Anyone like to take some (lots) of close up pictures for me? ;)

like others, mine should be delivered today, but i'm at work and not arround tomorrow to collect from the PO ;)

I cunningly, am getting mine delivered to work... I'll not be getting much done today! better work my ass off now before it gets here!!!

I cunningly, am getting mine delivered to work... I'll not be getting much done today! better work my ass off now before it gets here!!!

no fair, i asked the girl at TMob to do that and she said no way, had too be to the registered card address ;)

Guest zippy172

Oh, the agony! Bloody missed the postman this morning... Dressing my lil 10mth old before dropping him off at his grandparents for the morning, I missed a knock on the looking at the time on the card to the time I left, by 3 minutes!

Oh, the agony! Bloody missed the postman this morning... Dressing my lil 10mth old before dropping him off at his grandparents for the morning, I missed a knock on the looking at the time on the card to the time I left, by 3 minutes!

Nightmare!!!!!!

no fair, i asked the girl at TMob to do that and she said no way, had too be to the registered card address ;)

I'm an existing customer, i think when I got my first handset that had to be delivered to my home address...

Everytime I here a van outside I'm up at the window checking to see if its for me, I'm like a kid at Christmas!

Got mine! Now using it, initial charging be damned if the battery shafts up then there will always be spares available. How could anyone wait to play with this thing?

I eat every word I ever uttered or wrote about T-Mobile uglifying this baby, It might actually look BETTER than the TyTN II!

See you in Palringo ;)

I'm an existing customer, i think when I got my first handset that had to be delivered to my home address...

Everytime I here a van outside I'm up at the window checking to see if its for me, I'm like a kid at Christmas!

I managed to get mine delivered to work as well, problem is my work address didn't appear on the postcode database so the girl that took my order (after searching through the list of addresses that did appear for about 5 mins) had to type it in manually. Just hope there were no mistakes in the translation ;)

Got mine this morning will upload some pictures when I am at home toninght there will probably be loads of pictures by then :-), I must say I prefer my black Kaiser to the Silver colour of the vario may grow on my with tiime, Speed wise the HTC rom seems a little quicker. It looks like the long wait is over now. Stuck my 2gb micro card in and installed all my cabs so it is set up the same way as my Kaiser. Looks like tmobile will do well with this handset.

No need for a debrander, it's all just black black black! However I'd love a green theme for the whole device- grey/black really understates just how beautiful the screen can be.

I'll be customising the bitmaps (or pngs) on my device to make portions of my dialer green (as they are blue in HTCs dialer and grey in this one), I'll post up the bitmaps if anyone wants them but can't turn them into an installer.

All of the talk about receiving the phones this week is making me jealous... why oh why can't T-Mobile bend the rule a bit and have me get it 2 weeks earlier! ;)

Oh well... I guess Ill shut up and wait.

Is this going to tun into the official "I got my MDA VARIO III" thread or should all operator variations be rolled into the main TyTN II thread? Still waiting for the postie to turn up here ;)

Guest rickyburke

Sorry, been playing with mine all morning, :wub:

It came at about 8.30 and I've been playing ever since. ;)

HSDPA is very impressive!!!! Slingplayer works like a dream as well.

woo - came this morning with the postman... happy days

1) it took me ten minutes to get the battery cover off! i kept thinking i was going to break it!

2) HTC home plug-in - its great.... in portrait view... but it takes up the entire screen in landscape! what a shame, i've had to remove it.

You really have to try different reps if you want a deal. Yesterday i got some young girl who would not let me buy because it was for "business users only" - i could not argue as i had to rush out. I Ring this morning and a guy called Shaw offered me the Vario III at £79.99 on upgrade on my current Web & Walk 200 package (about £20 a month) - which I was about to take until he checked the stock. No stock but more due in two days (Monday or Tuesday) He also claims that there will be some better deals on offer next week.

I rang up the local Telford T-Mobile and they were clueless - no stock, due next week but wanted £400 on upgrade!!

Edited by shaun