Kaiser coming to Orange as HTC TyTN II

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

Mucho Kudos to MoDaCo tipster by the name of Jason, who visited his Orange store today to enquire about Kaiser availability and got some great info ;)

In a nutshell, the Kaiser launch on Orange is imminent, and despite Orange's denials of the demise of the SPV brand, the Kaiser will be launching on Orange as the HTC TyTN II.

Not only did Jason manage to grab this info, he managed to convince the store staff to allow him to snap some pics of the newly delivered dummy units on his Sony Ericsson (eek) handset, which you'll find below! Think regular TyTN II, minimal Orange branding on the rear, likely minimal ROM customisation.

Great! :wub:

P

okaiser1.jpgokaiser2.jpg

Guest Mr.Clark
In a nutshell, the Kaiser launch on Orange is imminent
Ah, marketspeak that doesn't actually tell us anything...

While the HTC branding is good news, "imminent" could mean anything from tomorrow to Christmas.

I'll believe them when I see it on their website under "Coming Soon"

Guest SteveI

Just been in to the local orange shop, and in the new October issue of oranges what's new magazine the HTC TyTN 2 is sitting quite nicely on page 16... Looks like its now out and available!!!

Guest lewis.curley

Damn you orange, i was all set to go to TMobile, they have the phone and much much much better dataplans, then it appears it may be now on orange pretty soon.

Orange dataplans are still no where near Tmobiles but i like the orange insurance and CS has always been ok to me plus i wouldnt have the hassle of PAC etc. Also the VarioIII is not actually on Tmobs website yet anyway.

Anybody got any advice, especially with regards to getting a data plan similar to TMobs (i wouldnt mind paying a bit more if i had to)

Thanks

Guest crazyc
Damn you orange, i was all set to go to TMobile, they have the phone and much much much better dataplans, then it appears it may be now on orange pretty soon.

Orange dataplans are still no where near Tmobiles but i like the orange insurance and CS has always been ok to me plus i wouldnt have the hassle of PAC etc. Also the VarioIII is not actually on Tmobs website yet anyway.

Anybody got any advice, especially with regards to getting a data plan similar to TMobs (i wouldnt mind paying a bit more if i had to)

Thanks

I have the amazing and highly desireable Orange World Unlimited (or whatever it was called) - ie the 1gb anytime package that appeared at least briefly when the M3100 was launched. Anyone know if this is likely to continue when my 18 months is up? And, if I upgrade to the TytnII can I keep my existing and no longer available package.........?

I have the amazing and highly desireable Orange World Unlimited (or whatever it was called) - ie the 1gb anytime package that appeared at least briefly when the M3100 was launched. Anyone know if this is likely to continue when my 18 months is up? And, if I upgrade to the TytnII can I keep my existing and no longer available package.........?

I too have the OWU data plan for £8 pm and I upgraded again in June and kept the data plan. Just make sure you ask them to keep the OWU plan on your contract and NOT change to the lesser £8 data plan O have.

Used to be on Preimer, £75 pm for 900min + £8 for data, min monthly bill £83 pm but always £100+. Now 1400 min, unlimited landline for £25 but 18months, plus £8 & £5 for care = £38 pm. Great Deal!

With the savings and the sale of the free upgraded N95 I can buy the TyTn 2 sim free!

Guest crazyc
I too have the OWU data plan for £8 pm and I upgraded again in June and kept the data plan. Just make sure you ask them to keep the OWU plan on your contract and NOT change to the lesser £8 data plan O have.

Used to be on Preimer, £75 pm for 900min + £8 for data, min monthly bill £83 pm but always £100+. Now 1400 min, unlimited landline for £25 but 18months, plus £8 & £5 for care = £38 pm. Great Deal!

With the savings and the sale of the free upgraded N95 I can buy the TyTn 2 sim free!

EXCELLENT! Not out of contract for another 4 months or so, but hopefully that will give the gurus time to open up the kitchens for the Tytn II......

Guest lewis.curley

Does anyone know if this OWU Plan is offered to keep customers? I spend ~150 a month with them and if i cant get a decent data deal will prob go to Tmobile.

Guest crazyc
Does anyone know if this OWU Plan is offered to keep customers? I spend ~150 a month with them and if i cant get a decent data deal will prob go to Tmobile.

Dunno if anyone has been able to get it recently. It seemed to be around for a few months August September last year, and felt like they were testing the water without committing to it. It theoretically had to be signed up to by 1 september 2006. Even then almost none of the orange staff understood it or knew about it. It was only via the word spreading on this forum that I knew about it and got it. I had to walk the CS rep through his menu options to find it. Even then he refused to believe it did what i said - he thought it was only wap pages on the Orange portal that were covered. I spend around 55 a month and was almos treated with disdain. It seemed very hit and miss as to who you got through to and what mood they were in.

If T mobile reception is good enough for you (not for me unfortunately) then I would go with them.

Edited by crazyc

Guest lewis.curley

Thanks for the advice, will give O a call and see what they offer if not TMobile her i come

Edited by lewis.curley

Guest Sten2005
Just been in to the local orange shop, and in the new October issue of oranges what's new magazine the HTC TyTN 2 is sitting quite nicely on page 16... Looks like its now out and available!!!

I've just spoken with Retentions to be told they don't get to see the magazine so they don't know what is available !

I'd like to know this too. I've just been offered Orange World Monthly Anytime at £8 with (they said) a 30mb per day limit - but that isn't how I read it. As far as I can see this is 30mb per month.

But the guy did say he didn't know much about data, so that's OK then.

Guest adambowie

A quick question regarding Orange which I guess the folks here might know the answer too. It's relevant to TyTN II, because I too am waiting for it on Orange.

I have an "Open Access" data deal that dates back from some trial I think I once took part in. It gives me "unlimited WAP access" (although I doubt I've used more than 20MB in any given month) for £3.40 a month. So my question is this, can I use this rather nifty deal that I'm in no rush to ditch, on the TyTN II - or indeed any 3G phones, making use of the higher speeds?

I know that I have to connect via WAP to keep the data cost free. I find it frankly bizarre that there are no decent data packages on Orange just now.

Thanks,

Adam

Guest CongoJoe

I have open access too. Provided you connect to orangewap it will work fine.

I get through about 250mb a month on average.

The only thing that doesnt seem to work is mobile youtube. Guess the ports are blocked.

Guest lewis.curley

To add into the rumors / info I went to the orange shop / booth in Canary Wharf today and asked when they would have the TytnII in stock. Guy reckoned a couple of weeks. - Not much new there. Then I asked have you still got those rubbish data plans or is there anything better (pretending I didnt know) to my suprise he said wait till November the 1st we are releasing new ones, I said are they any good though cos I was going to go to TMobile, he said he didnt know the details yet but they have been told they are very competitive.

Now i dont know whether to wait another month or to just go to TMobile and get the handset i have been waiting for, for so long!

Guest SteveI
I just spoke to a CS drone and she didn't know anything about the TyTN II at all. She had the P4350 (Touch) only.

To be honest customer service staff are always the last to know, they only get told just before the launch.

Guest Sten2005

My contact (who told me it would be launched on October 1st) is now saying it will be available in 1 week.

But is that really 1 week or will there be another delay ?

Either way, without a decent data package you've got to consider if it is worth getting a 3G phone from Orange.

Guest sk2000at
To be honest customer service staff are always the last to know, they only get told just before the launch.

The CS guy I spoke to on monday night, knew what it was. He referred to as HTC TyTn, rather than TyTn II, and also knew it as the Kaiser.

He said that the phone had passed through Orange France's development site, ie passed to be used on Orange's networks, on monday. He expected the phone to be soft launched through the business side first in the next couple of weeks, with a general launch following. He did not have exact dates and it was not on the UK CS system yet.

Interestingly for an Orange CS, he suggested that it would be better to reflash the phone, as the stuff Orange put on is not very good (not referring to the Tytn II just in general from past experience).

The bad news was he expected november as the earliest if your not business.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.