Instant Messenger + GPS Tagging?

Guest azop

Soon I will be owning the KTC Kaiser / AT&T Tilt. I think it would be beyond cool to have a instant messenger client that graps my current GPS coordinates and either displays this information on my 'Status' screen or provides a link to Google Maps. This would be an excellent feature for my wife (Locate: Husband) and would be pretty neat to play with. Obviously this feature will only work when I have access to the Sky....but would be nice when I'm in my car running late and instead of calling me she knows where I'm at.

It would be perferred to use this for MSN.

Now, if this doesn't exist watch someone steal this idea and make a zillion dollars ;)

Edited by azop

Guest Menneisyys
Soon I will be owning the KTC Kaiser / AT&T Tilt. I think it would be beyond cool to have a instant messenger client that graps my current GPS coordinates and either displays this information on my 'Status' screen or provides a link to Google Maps. This would be an excellent feature for my wife (Locate: Husband) and would be pretty neat to play with. Obviously this feature will only work when I have access to the Sky....but would be nice when I'm in my car running late and instead of calling me she knows where I'm at.

It would be perferred to use this for MSN.

Now, if this doesn't exist watch someone steal this idea and make a zillion dollars ;)

1. welcome to MoDaCo :(

2. Not existing as yet - very few apps (for example, MultiIE) are location-aware. Also see my Instandt Messaging Bible if interested in what IM apps there are for the PPC. I think I've cross-posted it here on the MoDaCo forums too; if I haven't, I'll cross-post so that I don't need to post external links.