Kaiser aka TyTn II available to order on Orange

Guest Helix

Today I ordered, via Orange Retentions, the HTC TyTn II.

Arriving tomorrow, I think it really has been worth the wait. The handset price is £200, discounted to £60 for me, however I got mine free as I have been out of contract for nearly 3 months now ;)

I also received £15 worth of credit applied to my bill every month for loyalty, been with Orange for nearly 10 years now. Reducing my bill down to £18/month - for the same package as I was previously on, plus another 30MB @ £8 data bundle as frankly I have money to spare when my bill is only £18. This is a 12 month contract by the way.

At time of ordering this morning, which was just before 9am, the phone was shown in stock according to retentions folk. However, it did take me about 15 mins to convince the guy that the TyTn II was available. He was adamant it wasn’t released yet, however I asked him to check and funnily enough it was in stock. He made some excuse of how 'it was his day off yesterday', so from that conclusion it has been released either today or late yesterday.

Post away with the deals that you get.....

Edited by Helix

I added this to the 'Kaiser on Orange' thread last night:

Hi there,

Just thought i'd let you know that i've been on the phone to Orange upgrades, then onto retentions about this earlier. I spoke with David from upgrades first, and asked about a TyTn2. He knew exactly what i was on about and immediately offered it to me for £129.99 (I'm on a £30/month tariff, average spend of £45). He said it was in stock ready to send to me!! I then asked about data bundles, as i was thinking of changing to T-Mobile. He put me through to Matt at retentions, who confirmed the phone was in stock ready, and offered me there best data bundle of 30Mb/month for £8 laugh.gif I said this was not really acceptable for a device which is centered around connectivity, and he went off to different people to see what could be done, but no luck. So I'm off to T-Mobile after 10 years, but for anyone after an Orange one, they are available now on upgrades!! (and i so wanted a black one mad.gif )

Guy

Guest m3100tony
It is only available to retentions. Upgrades cannot access the stock.

Please post any informations on the other mornons in the orange call centre can access this phone (i.e. stock codes or whatever they use!)

Guest jimbouk

The only way to get it, is if you are in last three months of contract and thus able to discuss leaving with retentions. It is not available via the upgrades so those of us with four months left in contract have to wait one more month.

The handset is listed as the HTC Tytn2 but is not showing in any department other than Retentions... So if you ask Upgrades to check with retentions, they will confirm that they have them.

Guest m3100tony

Just Ordered two TYTN 2 through retentions. I am a higher user than my wife (band 4 and 3) - combined bill is about £100. Unlike previously they will now combine points for both accounts which means she got a free kaiser as well. I did it on a 12 month contract, "exactly like the last deal" - which was good as it meant I did not have to renogiate it! :

Phone One

1) 1100mins (including free extra) + 450 texts for £35 - should have been £39 (inc VAT) £4 refunded for year Tarrif

Waive £4 for 12. Equivalent to Panther 45 18 month deal for £35 for 12 months

2) Ability to renew on same terms i.e. Panther 45 (18 month deal) for £35 on 12 month contract

3) Free broadband on 12 months

4) Free magic number

5) **Data for £8 unlimited** (with 1Gb fair use) - unlike T-mobile this works fast HSPDA with a laptop and with skype

6) Free insurance

7) Free broadband

Phone Two

1) 19/m for 250xnet plus 100 texts

thanks modaco!

Guest lewis.curley
Just Ordered two TYTN 2 through retentions. I am a higher user than my wife (band 4 and 3) - combined bill is about £100. Unlike previously they will now combine points for both accounts which means she got a free kaiser as well. I did it on a 12 month contract, "exactly like the last deal" - which was good as it meant I did not have to renogiate it! :

Phone One

1) 1100mins (including free extra) + 450 texts for £35 - should have been £39 (inc VAT) £4 refunded for year Tarrif

Waive £4 for 12. Equivalent to Panther 45 18 month deal for £35 for 12 months

2) Ability to renew on same terms i.e. Panther 45 (18 month deal) for £35 on 12 month contract

3) Free broadband on 12 months

4) Free magic number

5) **Data for £8 unlimited** (with 1Gb fair use) - unlike T-mobile this works fast HSPDA with a laptop and with skype

6) Free insurance

7) Free broadband

Phone Two

1) 19/m for 250xnet plus 100 texts

thanks modaco!

This sounds ideal for what I want! Couple of things, is the Data in point 5 unlimited per day not that stupid 30mb a day thing? also do you know what the bands are, i spend between 130 and 200 a month with them so presume i could discuss a fairly reasonable deal.

Any other tips before i talk to retentions?

Thanks

Guest m3100tony
This sounds ideal for what I want! Couple of things, is the Data in point 5 unlimited per day not that stupid 30mb a day thing? also do you know what the bands are, i spend between 130 and 200 a month with them so presume i could discuss a fairly reasonable deal.

Any other tips before i talk to retentions?

Thanks

You would confortably be in band 5. Try retentions until you get somebody who will tell you how may "points" you have - some refuse. See what that offer you. Ask how many points that uses. For example if you have 450 points, offering you the phone for free might consume 130 points but they will try and get away with simply offering you that. Push for every aspect of it - free care, free cash (i.e. credit), a reduction in your monthly spend i.e. £45 deal for £35 (I see someone else got a racoon 35 for £20), a reduced term (i.e. 12 not 18 months), or extra bundles of texts or minutes. If they are not playing ball just phone back and get someone else. If they are not playing ball actually request your PAC code before phoning someone else. Then they know you are serious about leaving.

Finally, and this is important, note carefully and contemperaneously exactly what you have agreed. I do this by emailing myself so i have proof when they cock up (not infrequent). Include the name, number (they have operator numbers), the date and time of who you speak to.

My data is 1gb per month. No daily caps and I have been using for over a year regularly with video skype and bluetoothed to a PC (equivalent to the expensive deal on t-mobile). The data is also consistently faster than t-mobile.

Hoep this helps all you retentions grovellers!

Some good info their Tony! He speaks wise words ;)

What package do they call the 1gb/month package Tony?

As for these 'points' I was never aware they banded it like that. Knowing this now, I should of asked for free Orange Care as well!!!

Guest Sten2005
...retentions, who confirmed the phone was in stock ready, and offered me there best data bundle of 30Mb/month for £8 laugh.gif I said this was not really acceptable for a device which is centered around connectivity, and he went off to different people to see what could be done, but no luck. So I'm off to T-Mobile after 10 years, but for anyone after an Orange one, they are available now on upgrades!! (and i so wanted a black one mad.gif )

Guy

Yes, they are in stock at Retentions.

And from next month there will be 1gb, 2gb and 3gb data packages at 'competitive' prices.

Guest unclesomebody

I just wanted to assure people there are nice people in retentions, you just have to phone around to find them! I spoke to a girl the last time I upgraded who was happy to tell me exactly how many points I had, and then proceed to use every single point (minus 1) to get me the best possible deal. When I'm back in the country I will be phoning Orange to get my free upgrade (or leaving, which is probably equally likely).

And from next month there will be 1gb, 2gb and 3gb data packages at 'competitive' prices.

Not good enough i'm afraid, these packages are 6 months too late........ T-Mobile has my business from now on. Such a shame after getting excellent service from Orange over the past 9 years..

Guest bigdish

Hi

Thanks for the pointers.

Phoned retentions this afternoon and spoke to a knowledgeable woman.

I have recently started using my old monthly Everyday 50 account so my spend is not great - out of contract last August.

Said I was thinking of changing to T Mobile to get their Vario 3 free on a flext plan.

She phoned back and offered the TyTN 2 free on a Racoon 25 18 month contract - magic number etc. with free evening browsing.

Said the handset was normally £300 but my loyalty since 1994 allowed her to waive the charge !

Looking forward to tomorrow...... ;)

r

Andrew

Guest lewis.curley

More reference data,

I called retentions spoke to someone called Ronta, cant say she was particularly knowledgable but this is what she could offer:

900 Mins, 200 Text, Unlimited Landline Calls, Free TYTN II, For £25 a month on an 18 Month Contract

Unlimted Data @ £8 a month extra - asked if it was unlimited monthly and daily (i.e. not 30mb a day) she said it was (not convinced myself)

Said I wanted 12 month contract - opening gambit was

700mins, 500text, Free TYTN II, For £25 a month on a 12 month contract

Unlimted Data @ £8 a month extra

Said I needed less text more minutes

So she said she could do

200 Landline Minutes, 800 Anytime Anynet Minutes, 300 Text, Free TytnII for £25 on a 12 month contract

I have insurance anyway she said it would continue to be 5 a month (i.e. didnt throw it in free)

It doesnt seem too bad, then again i currently spend 130-200 a month with them so i should hope not. Got her to record it on my account so i could call back to get it if i wanted to go ahead, also means i can get another name to confirm the unlimited data for 8 quid (will ask about the FUP and using for modem - hopefully they will put me through to some one who has a clue)

I phoned Orange yesterday to find out how long I had left on my contract and how I would go about porting my number, the girl asked why, and I told her I wanted to move to t-mobile for the data deal, she offered me 400 mins and 30mb data and the travel bundle for £17.50 a month on a 12 month contract, she didnt have any info on the tytn2 but did not think there would be a charge for it when it came out, later on in the afternoon she phoned back to say she had found the phone on the system as it had just been released, I was busy and told her I would phone back later, but when I phoned back upgrades would not give me the data saying it would be an extra £8 a month. so I did not order, but if I could get unlimited for £8 a month I will jump at the chance, does anybody know what the unlimited bundle is called ?

Guest porkpie

I phoned Orange earlier to upgrade.

Spoke with someone in CS who fumbled around looking for the TyTn II but could find anything - asked to be put through to retensions and spoke with a very clued up guy. He let me know exactly how many points I had and went through with me what I could get. As I was in band 11 (!) I had a pretty easy time getting everything I wanted.

Ended up getting a free TyTn II, 900 minutes and unlimited texts for £30 a month - he got a bit confused about the 'unlimited' data bundle and I got put through to the Data department - according to them the 'unlimited' bundle at the moment take the form of the 30mb package - I told them that I've heard of people getting 1 gig packages but he didn't know much about that.

Either way, he confimed that there wil be new packages in November, but he didn't know exactly what the details were so I kept with the 30mb one.

Either way, quite please as this will get my bill down a heck of a lot each month - and a shiny new TyTn II arriving Monday!

Oli

Guest Malt_Vinegar

YESS! On my 11th month of a 12 month contract, so went and had a go ;)

Spoke to some bloke at CS - tried to get me to pay 89.99 for an upgrade. I fed some BS about web and walk, and data packages, then said i would be moving to Tmobile, could i get my Pac code.

I got put through to "disconnections" and spoke to Angela. She was great, sorted me out with a 10MB a day package, with 1000 anytime cross network minutes and 250 texts a month. total cost, with orange care (+ my 10% loyalty bonus) is about 40quid a month! (18 month contract)

Oh, and she also got my the phone for free :wub:

Arriving on Monday, if its gunna turn up after lunch time, otherwise im going to have to delay it till tuesday when i get back to work.

I really do love orange, i know they get a lot of stick but they always seem to look after me :D I never had any intention of moving!

Edited by Malt_Vinegar

Guest rugbyleaguefan
YESS! On my 11th month of a 12 month contract, so went and had a go ;)

Spoke to some bloke at CS - tried to get me to pay 89.99 for an upgrade. I fed some BS about web and walk, and data packages, then said i would be moving to Tmobile, could i get my Pac code.

I got put through to "disconnections" and spoke to Angela. She was great, sorted me out with a 10MB a day package, with 1000 anytime cross network minutes and 250 texts a month. total cost, with orange care (+ my 10% loyalty bonus) is about 40quid a month! (18 month contract)

Oh, and she also got my the phone for free :D

Arriving on Monday, if its gunna turn up after lunch time, otherwise im going to have to delay it till tuesday when i get back to work.

I really do love orange, i know they get a lot of stick but they always seem to look after me :D I never had any intention of moving!

Got Mine today from the Orange shop in Sheffield, very nice it is too, but no windows live messenger or GPS software.

The Girl in the shop was very smitten with it and it got some admiring glances in the shop!!!

And the CD includes the BB connect software as well :wub:

Edited by rugbyleaguefan

Guest Malt_Vinegar

I am sure windows messenger can be bodged on using the old install and some creativity. However, I think I will be sticking with palringo after using it recently.

Great program, and free!! The voice function is superb.

Guest daveyboyuk

does this mean your data package is upgraded or are you stuck with current limits if you sign new contract today. If anyone can enlighten us on this novemeber rumour that would be appreciated. Was tempted to go to tmobile purely for webnwalk but can bring myself to buy the vario version as it looks hideous. i like the look of eten x800 but cant see a uk carrier taking it up

Guest Sten2005
does this mean your data package is upgraded or are you stuck with current limits if you sign new contract today. If anyone can enlighten us on this novemeber rumour that would be appreciated. Was tempted to go to tmobile purely for webnwalk but can bring myself to buy the vario version as it looks hideous. i like the look of eten x800 but cant see a uk carrier taking it up

Retentions agreed a free data package on mine so I figure they won't object if I upgrade to a paid package next month.

Don't know what would be the case if you buy a package now that costs as much or more than the new packages.

Guest jimbouk

So I couldnt wait... Retentions wouldnt talk to me for another month (only in month14) so I went to my local o shop, paid them £89.99 for the handset, renewed contract for another 18 months on Panther 75 with OWU, and they gave me a £100 credit for an old samsung d900 I had in the drawer...

Guest Unknownone

Hi all, just off the phone with orange retentions, been following the kaiser a lot but first time poster!

Got 500 cross network anytime minutes, unlimited texts, 1GB data (offpeak) and a free TyTN II, all the princely sum of £20 a month.

Bargain if I do say so myself!

Guest rickyburke

WebnWalk Max my friend, WebnWalk Max

Thal'll be your 10gb allowance, laptop usage, VOIP, Streaming Media, anything........With the fastest HSPDA in the UK at present.

Sorry to take the Jam out of your Doughnut, but it just looked so tasty.

Guest jimbouk
WebnWalk Max my friend, WebnWalk Max

Thal'll be your 10gb allowance, laptop usage, VOIP, Streaming Media, anything........With the fastest HSPDA in the UK at present.

Sorry to take the Jam out of your Doughnut, but it just looked so tasty.

Other than the 1gb FUP, you actually get all of that with OWU... and a lot better coverage than T...