Help with AT&T Tilt after Flashing to HTC ROM

Guest mattmcl1

Guest mattmcl1

Hi - was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for 2 main issues I am seeing after flashing my AT&T Tilt to the HTC ROM

1) I can't get GPS to work in my applications. I have tried in Google Maps and Yahoo! Go but neither communicate properly with GPS. Does someone have any guidance as to the proper "settings" and "turning on" GPS. All I see is "External GPS" in my settings but I can't figure out exactly what they should be (nor did I expect it to say "External GPS"

2) I am having some connection issues with my SlingPlayer Mobile application. I can connect to Internet and Exchange Server fine but when I try to connect to my sling it tries to connect to My ISP GPRS and then says:

Dialed: isp.cingular - Connect connect for an unknown reason....

Nothing seems obvious from the settings and there was no AT&T settings in the wiki to look at.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Guest Paul (MVP)

1) Don't fiddle with that GPS applet. Just use COM4 with all the default settings, and wait for it to get it's first fix. I've you've already fiddled, hard reset.

2) How did you set up the GPRS connection?

P

Guest mattmcl1
1) Don't fiddle with that GPS applet. Just use COM4 with all the default settings, and wait for it to get it's first fix. I've you've already fiddled, hard reset.

2) How did you set up the GPRS connection?

P

THANKS for your quick help!!

Ummm...I did mess around a little with the GPS settings but nothing seems to have saved:

- Programs - GPS program port: COM4

- Hardware - GPS hardware port: (None) Baud rate: 4800

- Access - Manage GPS automatically (recommended) - Checked

Hard Reset as in reload the HTC ROM??

My TILT automatically configured the connection settings for me. I tried changing some of them:

- Changed GPRS authentication to CHAP

- MediaNET - unchecked "This network uses a proxy server to connect to the Internet"

- Changed in Advanced Network Management to state that "Programs that automatically connect to the Internet should connect using: MEdia Net"

I would be very interested in the right settings for my cingular connection (and delete all the others).

Guest mattmcl1

It seems that I have solved my SlingPlayer issue by changing from isp.cingular to wap.cingular.

I am not sure if this has limited my connection capabilities in any way but at least it seems to work.

About to hard reset to correct GPS - I'll update if any progress is made.

Guest mattmcl1
It seems that I have solved my SlingPlayer issue by changing from isp.cingular to wap.cingular.

I am not sure if this has limited my connection capabilities in any way but at least it seems to work.

About to hard reset to correct GPS - I'll update if any progress is made.

OK - I have done a complete reinstall of the HTC ROM and taken the following steps:

1) DO NOT ALLOW Auto-Configuration of AT&T Network. Disabled Auto-Configuration

2) Manually setup my network connection using wap.cingular as access point

3) Installed VisualGPSce

4) Installed Google Maps

5) Installed SlingPlayer

As long as I open up VisualGPSce and get my satellite fix then open Google Maps and use Track Location the GPS in Google Maps works.

Hope this helps anyone else that may be having problems...