Debrand Orange HTC Tytn II

Guest lewis.curley

I have unlocked and flashed both my M2000 and my M3100. Both now run WM6 perfectly. The performance and stability improvement more than make up for the loss of function - I no longer get messages as to voice mail (orange send a weird text message that orange flashed devices then respond with the voice mail icon). I presume there is a registry hack to fix this, but I really cannot be fussed finding it.

The Orange voicemail bug is well known and due to a change in the SMSproviders.dll This is easily fixed by using one of rabdo's cabs to set up the orange network settings - it also cures the voicemail bug. A quick search on the hermes section of modaco for rabdo's cab will bring it up.

I have upgraded to a Kaiser on Orange (yesterday) and was very p-ed off to find they removed some parts of the phone which make it excellent.

One being the today screen plugin.

After loads of searching i managed to find a .cab file for the home screen. If you install this, you can select it in the today screen - et voila, you can use it!

Also, I have installed a dialer screen which replaces the nasty Orange screen.

All from XDA-developers forum

Mods - sorry if these cabs are not permitted - wasn't sure if they were freeware or not......

Attachments removed - sorry!

Edited by emkai

Guest blackhorse

Could someone bullett point the benefits of replacing the HTC Tytan 2 Orange Rom for the Kaiser Generic Rom?

From what ive read in the above posts its mainly visual preferences ;)

Guest snowgum
Newer - some more orange removed. Red/Green call and end keys on the progress screen.

This may be just what I'm looking for. Any chance of a screen shot?

M

Any chance to get a version of the skin with something else that this blue background ? (maybe yellow, or even white...)

Thanks anyway, it's still way nicer than the default Orange dialer.

Btw, Is there a chance to reskin the PIN code dialer too ? (it's way too light) Thanks !

Guest ed.dark
Any chance to get a version of the skin with something else that this blue background ? (maybe yellow, or even white...)

Thanks anyway, it's still way nicer than the default Orange dialer.

Btw, Is there a chance to reskin the PIN code dialer too ? (it's way too light) Thanks !

I can upload the files you need for you to edit if you like.....

Its easy enough to do on photoshop or the like. Just don't want to myself.

Thanks for offering this. No need anymore for me, because I decided to flash my Kaiser with HTC original ROM after unlocking what needed to be unlocked. I just did it last night and it worked just fine.

Couldn't be happier.

Thanks again,

I already tried by tweaking the : Dialer_BkgdL.png / Dialer_BkgdP.png

But still, when using the smartdialing, the blue comes back (don't really understand from where)

Guest ed.dark
I already tried by tweaking the : Dialer_BkgdL.png / Dialer_BkgdP.png

But still, when using the smartdialing, the blue comes back (don't really understand from where)

is it the progess-xxxxx.png files you see as still being blue?

Guest ed.dark
is it the progess-xxxxx.png files you see as still being blue?

or maybe a key in this reg folder?

perhaps clr match - I really dont know - I havent played with it!

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\SmartDialing

Thanks, I just found where to tweak things :

[HKLM\Software\HTC\SmartDialer\]

Key is "clrFLHI"

If you don't have it create it.

Values are in hex, some examples....

FF0000 = Red

00FF00 = Green

0000FF = Blue

FFFF00 = Yellow

FF00FF = Purple

000000 = White (All colors off)

FFFFFF = Black (All colors on)

888888 = Grey (All colors 1/2 strength)

Guest snowgum
sure

Ed,

is there any way of lightening the dialpad screens. They are both a bit on the dark side for me, and I find the one available during calls sometimes difficult to read. Apart from this they are perfect.

matthew

Just to give my 2cts, at the end, I just Disabled the Skin by changing

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin > Enabled = 0

This give back the default dialer which is more readable IMHO (especially for the smartdialing)

i974_dialernoskin.jpg

• 3 months later...
Guest new_born191285

Hey guys,

I've been looking to debranding my orange SPV M3100 when I stumbled upon this forum :D

Could someone confirm that I will be able to get rid of the orange stuff by flashing to the ROM on XDA-developers? Also, I'm going to be debranding my phone by buying an unlock code, will the flash affect it and will the phone still be usable? Finally decided to take the jump from orange after offering me a bad new deal <_<

Cheers,

Ben

Guest sebbes

buying an "unlock" code has nothing to do with the unbranding...

It's only about SIM unlocking (in other word, making it carrier lock free)

So if you really want to remove orange stuff (icons, customization) only reflashing is needed or even simplier : rebooting and cancelling the carrier customization step.

Guest Bainsyboy

Ed.dark have downloaded you file and installed thankyou thankyou thankyou at long last that bleeding ghastly orange dialler has gone.

Now all i have got to do is find out how to make the phone respond quicker as my replacement phone is as so last as my first tytn II