Customisations

Guest RickDawson

Thanks. Looks good. Got it installed, but it doesn't seem to work quite right with WM6 - when I bring back the device from standby, S2U2 isn't the foreground app, so the phone's unlocked and I just get today-screen redraw problems until I refresh it. I've set 'AutoStart=1', am I missing something? Seems a bit pointless to have a screen lock function that doesn't keep the screen locked when you bring it back. ;)

Dunno what's going on there, I've installed it on loads of different devices and it works perfectly every time.

For reference my settings are:

AutoStart = 1

BlankScreen = 0

Idlestart = 0

NoPowerSuspend = 0

Also make sure you install it to the Phone, not the Card

Edited by mandt

I just spent an agonising few minutes going through the flash sequence. I always get nervous doing this sort of thing. It's the first time I've done this on a Vista PC so I'm relieved to say my VIII is in the land of the living with a new, more elegant, boot splash courtesy of mandt. Thanks ;)

No more nervous than I was about bricking somebody elses Kaiser :(

Guest sc0user_75
Thanks for the offer, but I found a rather nice Half Life lambda logo on PocketPCScreens.com and with a sly use of MS Paint (shh! ;) ) have got a sideways one too :(

post-125267-1193151292_thumb.png

post-125267-1193151342_thumb.png

Has anyone used PocketPCScreens over the last couple of days? Everytime I try to create a theme I get a message saying something along the lines of "due to technical difficulties it has not been possible to download theme..........."

Guest Mr.Clark
It's easier if I direct you to this thread: MoDaCo-Boot-Splash-for-Kaiser

Download the attached file

Extract the zip and replace the .nbh file with the one attached here

Kaiser_HTC_Black_splash.zip

Follow the instructions in the MoDaCo splash thread to get your new splash

Lovely. Thanks again ;)

Has anyone used PocketPCScreens over the last couple of days? Everytime I try to create a theme I get a message saying something along the lines of "due to technical difficulties it has not been possible to download theme..........."

It worked fine for me, but I didn't create a theme, I just downloaded the .jpg image...

Edited by Mr.Clark

Guest sc0user_75
Lovely. Thanks again ;)

It worked fine for me, but I didn't create a theme, I just downloaded the .jpg image...

How did you download the image? Was it a simple case of right clicking on image and Save As? If so, what software did you use to adjust the size and file type?

Guest sc0user_75
@Webreaper:

S2U2

I'm using version 0.52, but development is currently up to 0.60 which has the ability to customise the clock digits. Slide to unlock is a wicked little app and the new version Slide to unlock 2 (S2U2) has been completely re-written to use less memory, which was a problem with the original version.

Bother! The 1st site comes up with a screen full of jiberish. And the 2nd site wont let me download the software. Any ideas why?

Guest Mr.Clark
How did you download the image? Was it a simple case of right clicking on image and Save As? If so, what software did you use to adjust the size and file type?

To the immediate right of the Create Theme button is a Download Wallpaper button. I click that and Firefox asks what I want to do with the jpg image.

Guest Webreaper
Dunno what's going on there, I've installed it on loads of different devices and it works perfectly every time.

For reference my settings are:

AutoStart = 1

BlankScreen = 0

Idlestart = 0

NoPowerSuspend = 0

Also make sure you install it to the Phone, not the Card

It was installed on the card, and I played aroudn with all those settings. Only thing I can think is that maybe some other software was interacting with it, but unlikely.

However, after having a play I've uninstalled it because I realised that it's actually a pointless app; if I have my screen on AC I don't want it to lock as I want to be able to use it, and if it's in my pocket (e.g., playing music, etc) I have it on standby so can't see the screen. So it looks nice, but serves no purpose. </uninstall> ;)

Edited by Webreaper

Guest mahsidi
1. (Since I have the AT&T Tilt), I removed all the bloatware (free demo apps) that came pre-installed to free up valuable storage space.

hi getChristylove, how did you get rid of pre installed software.. pleaes help

Just a few bits for me :D

post-174863-1193101742_thumb.jpg post-174863-1193100999_thumb.jpg post-174863-1193101768_thumb.jpg post-174863-1193101788_thumb.jpg post-174863-1193101802_thumb.jpg post-174863-1193101813_thumb.jpg post-174863-1193101822_thumb.jpg post-174863-1193101300_thumb.jpg

From start to finish:

T-Mobile splash screen replaced with black HTC design I found on the web

Windows Mobile splash replaced with one of my own design.

Today theme of my own design (sig)

Top and bottom bars set to Gloss black (Set basehue to 160)

HTC Home icons and font changed with HTC Home customiser

Comm manager icons replaced with default blue ones

Touch style PhonePad with custom icon in bottom bar (Please don't ask me for this ;) )

Vista style WMP skin

Custom Slide to Unlock background

T-Mobile and MDA logos under the screen have also been removed

To come..I'm working on a Touch style calculator skin, as by default it looks hideous :(

Hi there,

These look great! Where can i download from? Does the slide to unlock work?

Thanks,

Mish

Guest sc0user_75
Hi there,

These look great! Where can i download from? Does the slide to unlock work?

Thanks,

Mish

Would it be possible/allowed for someone to kindly post the Slidetounlock CAB file on here please. I just can't seem to download it from the links given ;)

@Mish: what bits are you interested in? links to splash screen are in the thread, let me know if you want any other bits.

Slide to unlock works great

@sc0user: Link works fine, don't want to post the cab here as it gets updated regularly. If you really cant get it I'll send you a copy

@Mish: what bits are you interested in? links to splash screen are in the thread, let me know if you want any other bits.

Slide to unlock works great

@sc0user: Link works fine, don't want to post the cab here as it gets updated regularly. If you really cant get it I'll send you a copy

Hi mandt,

Thanks for the response.

Total noob with this stuff. I'd love to change the tmobile spash screen and back ground to the black htc stuff. I am also a bit unsure(even follwonf the posts) about where to download the slide unlock feature.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Sorry for my noobness!

Mish

Extract the zip and replace the .nbh file with the one attached here

Kaiser_HTC_Black_splash.zip

Follow the instructions in the MoDaCo splash thread to get your new splash

Do I have to rename the .nbh file ? to the same as the one in the modaco folder or just leave it like it is ?

Thanks

Scott

@ Mish: Hey don't worry we were all noobs once ;) Post 8 has the link to Slide to unlock, where it says S2U2 in blue

@ scott: no need to rename, just replace that file!

@ Mish: Hey don't worry we were all noobs once ;) Post 8 has the link to Slide to unlock, where it says S2U2 in blue

@ scott: no need to rename, just replace that file!

Does Slide to unlock slow things down at all? i.e.  Does running it slow down overall speed?

Thanks in advance!

Mish

hi,

how do u change the second spalsh screen "htc thingy" in my case. i managed to change the t-mob one but got no clue how to change the second one. any help appricated .

cheers

cudix

Guest fatmcgav
Just a few bits for me :D

From start to finish:

T-Mobile splash screen replaced with black HTC design I found on the web

Windows Mobile splash replaced with one of my own design.

Today theme of my own design (sig)

Top and bottom bars set to Gloss black (Set basehue to 160)

HTC Home icons and font changed with HTC Home customiser

Comm manager icons replaced with default blue ones

Touch style PhonePad with custom icon in bottom bar (Please don't ask me for this ;) )

Vista style WMP skin

Custom Slide to Unlock background

T-Mobile and MDA logos under the screen have also been removed

To come..I'm working on a Touch style calculator skin, as by default it looks hideous :(

MandT, how did you remove the tray icon's on your today page?

Cheers

Gav

Guest fatmcgav

Right, here's my set-up.

SPB Pocket Plus, with HTC Home in the first tab. pRSSReader Today plugin, rotating through new news items. phoneAlarm at the bottom with custom skin.

Connections tab with most used connection stuff...

Applications Tab - Self explanatory rlly...

Settings Tab - All the useful settings options, etc...

And of course, S2U2 with a custom background - a pic of mine taken in Weston-Super Mare. ;)

Few other tweaks in there aswell, but that's the main ascetic ones...

Ooh, and of course there's Batti in there aswell... :(

Cheers

Gavin W

post-311948-1193923676_thumb.png

post-311948-1193923680_thumb.png

post-311948-1193923683_thumb.png

post-311948-1193923686_thumb.png

post-311948-1193923689_thumb.png

Edited by fatmcgav

Guest Webreaper

Jeez, IMO that's a bit of a mess. ;)

Here's mine. PhoneAlarm with custom skin, Resco today plugin, GPRS monitor (hoping to ditch this once the data monitoring in PA actually reflects the data used :() and TodayAgenda.

post-169492-1193940479_thumb.png

I see loads of people are using S2U2. Can somebody explain to me what the point is? Do you lot really have your devices sitting there locked, but with the screen on?

Edited by Webreaper