The official HTC Wings (S730) 'Ask Paul' thread

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

HTC gives you Wings! Well, not you, me. Well, HTC haven't given it to me, but it's theirs indirectly. Well, it's not GIVEN to me either. Oh, heck, you know what i'm getting at... friendly Mr. Postman delivered the fine specimen below to me this morning, and here's your chance to grill me on the device prior to a forthcoming review!

The device is in (trick) retail packaging with a near retail ROM, so I should be able to answer most questions!

Fire away!

;)

P

PS Yes, that is our first look at the HTC Home homescreen on a Smartphone!

S730.jpg

Guest Daniel Barton

Here's a couple of questions:

- Will the phone work with AT&T? I assume the answer is yes but would like someone to confirm that all the functionality including voice / data / voicemail / text, etc works correctly.

- Will the Garmin Mobile for Smartphones product work with this phone?

- Can this phone make video calls?

- How's the quality of watching Slingbox with the phone?

- Where can I buy this phone? www.mobileplanet.com has it listed but keeps pushing out their availability date.

Thanks! Daniel

Guest Paul (MVP)

- Yes, it will work with AT&T

- Kinda. I haven't got the built in GPS working properly, but Garmin Mobile XT runs on it!

- Yes, it can make video calls.

- Is there a Smartphone Slingplayer?

- Nowhere yet!

P

Guest SeaneyC

Please tell me this phone is noticeably faster than the S710 and it will be a definate sale for me, GPS or no GPS!

And i would also like to know about the slingbox usage. Yes there is a smartphone player, think there's a trial on the slingbox site.

Guest Paul (MVP)
Please tell me this phone is noticeably faster than the S710 and it will be a definate sale for me, GPS or no GPS!

And i would also like to know about the slingbox usage. Yes there is a smartphone player, think there's a trial on the slingbox site.

Noticeably!

P

Guest babybob

sorry excuse my behindness on this, how did you enable the gps (even if its not working) I thought htc had confirmed this did not have onboard gps?

Brian

Like the look of this, a lot! Looks like a PPC at first glance

Can you take some piccies of it next to the Kaiser? In particular to show the thickness of it

Cheers

Guest Paul (MVP)

No because a. TomTom aren't developing for Smartphone nowadays (v6 is PPC only) and b. the GPS doesn't seem to work (left with a view of the sky all night, no fix).

P

Guest RSkillz

How's the battery time with the faster processor?

Can you post a pic with the S710 and Wing side by side?

(btw Paul, just noticed your last name, don't happen to be related to a Steve O'Brien?...then again, there probably ALOT of O'Briens ;) )

Edited by RSkillz

Guest Paul (MVP)

Er, no Steve O'Brien's I know ;)

My S710 is on loan atm, but I will do a pic of the S730 with it and the TyTN II.

Battery time - too early to say!

P

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.