Questions about HP IPAQ 610

Guest spider

Guest hungryJack

Hi everyone,

For those who doubt that bluetooth headset distortion happen during call?

I had tested with Jabra BT160. There is no distortion at all and the voice quality was just fine.

by the way mine is 612c. Thank you.

Guest Stanimir Komitov

Hello all,

Can you please help me? I have an IPAQ 614c but the OS is in Italian and i want to change it into English.

I've tried already with the latest FW ver on the support page at HP (English) with successful upgrade but the issue

is still the same.

Is there any World Wide ROM for this model? I'll appreciate if you provide me such one. Otherwise i'll be not able to use the device :D

Guest andib

Yes iPAQ 614c has ability to make voip calls using SIP providers ( I'm using voipdiscount.com without any problems thru wifi) but ... there is no software preinstalled and available (yet) from HP. To make voip calls you will have to install special packages (i found it on xda-dev forums) of programs. Please find it attached.

how to install:

1. Install VOIP Drivers.cab

2. Install MajikVoIP.CAB

3. SipConfigTool_2_0_0.CAB

4. Under programs you will have a SIPConfig Tool where you type you VOIP provider settings and credentials (save settings to the devices) Ther is also an option to enable internet calls via 3G networks - haven't tried that

5. Perform Soft Reset

6. After SR you should have internet calls plugin on the today screen and when you go to the phone settings there will be a tab INTERNET

remarks:

I used only via WIFI and it works quite well, the internal speaker is used (not like in many htc devices. external speaker).

Hi Kalif,

I have 2 questions regarding the SIP software you have installed on your ipaq:

1. Can you do call transfer (e.g., attended transfer or blind transfer)?

2. Can you switch between 2 different VoIP providers, i.e. can you store 2 different configurations?

Guest ROGUEx360

KEYGUARD Issue Solved!

This does nothing to improve my views of HP and their useless customer/technical support, as this fix was found by accident.

If anyone read my earlier posts they would know that I was unable to get the HP Keyguard function to lock the keypad and touch screen when the device goes in to standby. No one on this forum knew why, no one on the HP forum bothered to respond and HP just told me to tick the right box in the settings, which I knew about and was ticked.

Well it turns out having a Password on the device, through the Lock settings, so that when it hasn't been used for 60 minutes a 4 digit numeric password is needed, the Keyguard, in the Buttons settings, will not function!

HP make no mention of this clash in their manual or through technical support, so it is only by accident when I turned this off that I found Keyguard started to work.

So, if you want to use Keyguard, do not set a device password!

Guest spider

The following has been posted on HP web page in regards to the iPAQ 600series

Advisory: HP iPAQ 600 Series Business Navigator - Items Shipped with Replacement Units

A new HP iPAQ 600 series Business Navigator ships with the following items.

Removable and rechargeable 1590 mAh battery

Battery cover

Stylus

AC Adaptor with removable and changeable prongs

Mini-USB synchronization cable

HP iPAQ stereo wired mini-USB headset

Getting started guide, warranty card, and documentation CD

Screen protector film

As per the new HP service delivery policy, replacement units for service and support events, will be shipped without the battery, battery cover, and stylus.

Information in this document applies to the listed systems configured as follows:

Systems:

HP iPAQ 610 Business Navigator

HP iPAQ 610c Business Navigator

HP iPAQ 612 Business Navigator

HP iPAQ 612c Business Navigator

HP iPAQ 614 Business Navigator

HP iPAQ 614c Business Navigator

Operating Systems:

Microsoft Windows Mobile 6

Retain the battery, battery cover, and stylus of the original unit, and transfer these to the replacement unit.

This is interesting news. Especially considering the screen protector as I have not heard about any who have actually received it.

Also I look forward to see if I get my stuff (battery, cover, stylus) back as I have just sent my full unit back for repair (I will explain why, when I get i back)...well I guess I have to pray and wait...

Guest Kalif
Hi Kalif,

I have 2 questions regarding the SIP software you have installed on your ipaq:

1. Can you do call transfer (e.g., attended transfer or blind transfer)?

2. Can you switch between 2 different VoIP providers, i.e. can you store 2 different configurations?

Hi Andib,

ad 1. Well to be honest i haven't check this feature but since the internal dialer is used there is an option to transfer

ad 2. SIP Config Tool allows you to set one SIP provider so there is no easy method to switch to different one. I suggest to check xda forums and search for voip and wm6. I know that there is some option to make dial plans but have not to go too deep in this subject. I have what i need but if you find something interesting please share it with us here :D

Guest Zamex
This is interesting news. Especially considering the screen protector as I have not heard about any who have actually received it.

I did, my package contained this screen protector. But I bought it already some three weeks ago.

Guest hungryJack

Can anyone try to use SPB backup v1.6.2 or any others version.

try to backup and restore back if it was able to restore successfully.

My concern here is after restore my data / apps, audio was missing and system hang.

Pls help to verify. Appreciate that.

Best Regards,

HungryJack

Guest hlay
Can anyone try to use SPB backup v1.6.2 or any others version.

try to backup and restore back if it was able to restore successfully.

My concern here is after restore my data / apps, audio was missing and system hang.

Pls help to verify. Appreciate that.

Best Regards,

HungryJack

hi, I've been using Spb backup v1.6.0 since I got my 614c over 2 months now & the app work great.

I think Spb backup v1.6.2 even better.

Guest shirinyan

Hi,

i had this iPAQ 614c before a week and i am very happy with it! :") :(

but i`m not sure about microSD slot....can i put 4GB microSDHC card???

thank you in advance! :D

Edited by shirinyan

Guest smidliboy
Hi,

i had this iPAQ 614c before a week and i am very happy with it! :") :(

but i`m not sure about microSD slot....can i put 4GB microSDHC card???

thank you in advance! :D

of course you can! but beware of buying Kingston, this card is not working in 614.

Guest shirinyan

Today a bought 4GB Transcend microSDHC Class6 and its working very good and fast!

in Properties Resco Explorer show me the Total Size of the card 3.74 GB :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest irenic

guys, i'm new here and this is my first post~!

I just bought  612c to replace my HTC Kaiser (TYTNII) but i cant find a way to edit my sim contact in my 612c..

is there a way or software that allow me to do it?

thx in advance~!

Guest pecsvara
Hi,

I'm using this phone now for 2 weeks (one of the first in Belgium if not the first). The built in GPS chipset is a 'normal' GPS with Assisted GPS included. A-GPS is used to enhance the speed of the first fix after booting. If you start up the phone (cold) you'll see a bleu led blinking for some minutes. That's the GPS looking around for 'his/her' location. That blinbking stops and the first impression is tored. As soon you open up you're navigationsoftware the GPS recalculates his/her position and gives almost 'at once' your current location.

There's NO navigationsoft included. You'll need to get TomTom 6 (the best IMHO) or Navigon 6.2 separatly and install it from you're computer via the USB connection.

As soon as you're software has a 'fix', A-GPS is not used anymore, unless you go through long tunnels (e.g the Swiss St. Gothard tunnel). The software relies on the built-in chip. I use TomTom, and AFAIK I've not been waiting for a fix more as 30 sec- 1 minute. Which is very fast, compared to my previous system with a BT-GPS SirF III, and means you'll have a fix before the software is up and running.

In all, I'm very pleased with this phone, except for the camera (see the posted pics). I don't have really tested the battery, because I use it mainly as navigational aid and have it plugged in the carcharger all day.

Cheers,

Dirk

Hi Dirk,

Reading all the topic: I have seen that you are quite an expert in this field, so I would like to ask your help me solving my problem. I am from Hungary and I have T mobile service with 3G service, however I am not able to use the assistant part of my GPS as the SUPL based AGPS ( Secure User Plane Location ) service is not available from the hungarian phone providers yet. Thus my fix to satellites is very slow, however after finding them my GPS software ( IGO8 ) working fine.

The problem is, that sometimes the system just unable to work forever. The message is " GPS receiver cannot be found " The message is the same either choosing autodetect, or manual setup to com6 ( what was set to the external GPS setup of the system setting of IPAQ 614c ). I can see one red point and 3 flashing yellow in the GPS mode. It is even true when I am able to see satelites using VisalGPSse. I have tried to start IGO8 either VisualGPSse on, or off. I have made soft reset as well without success. Unfortunately neither of IGO8 nor HP helpdesk is useless for me, however I really would like to use this system securely as I plan a holiday trip very soon. So please let me know what I try to do. Hope you have some solution. Thanks for your help. Zsolt

Guest tibyke
Hi Dirk,

Reading all the topic: I have seen that you are quite an expert in this field, so I would like to ask your help me solving my problem. I am from Hungary and I have T mobile service with 3G service, however I am not able to use the assistant part of my GPS as the SUPL based AGPS ( Secure User Plane Location ) service is not available from the hungarian phone providers yet. Thus my fix to satellites is very slow, however after finding them my GPS software ( IGO8 ) working fine.

The problem is, that sometimes the system just unable to work forever. The message is " GPS receiver cannot be found " The message is the same either choosing autodetect, or manual setup to com6 ( what was set to the external GPS setup of the system setting of IPAQ 614c ). I can see one red point and 3 flashing yellow in the GPS mode. It is even true when I am able to see satelites using VisalGPSse. I have tried to start IGO8 either VisualGPSse on, or off. I have made soft reset as well without success. Unfortunately neither of IGO8 nor HP helpdesk is useless for me, however I really would like to use this system securely as I plan a holiday trip very soon. So please let me know what I try to do. Hope you have some solution. Thanks for your help. Zsolt

zsolt,

i had the same problem, the temporary solution is using a third party app like gpsgate.com or gpsmeter.com. with these tools you can create a virtual com port, and igo8 works just fine.

i already contacted igo8 support, they said it was pervert thing to use com6 and 115200 bps speed, but i think a hp or/and igo update will solve the problem soon. (i just hope actually)

pm me if you need help

t

Guest pecsvara
zsolt,

i had the same problem, the temporary solution is using a third party app like gpsgate.com or gpsmeter.com. with these tools you can create a virtual com port, and igo8 works just fine.

i already contacted igo8 support, they said it was pervert thing to use com6 and 115200 bps speed, but i think a hp or/and igo update will solve the problem soon. (i just hope actually)

pm me if you need help

t

Hi tibyke ( Tibike ? hungarian nickname )

Thanks for your information. Actually I have found a solution ?! what I am testing now. I am starting IGO8 and just exit it to the background. After that I am starting VisualGPSse and run. It can start to search for satellites and in the meantime IGO8 inform me that the GPS connection has been closed. Then Viusal GPSse exit, even stop from the memory and start IGO8 again and ....the GPS was OK for IGO. I am not sure yet that this process is working always but at least could suggest that the finding or connecting process between GPS and IGO is not working well. ( by the way: I have checked the system file as well and it was set to com6 )

So if this process will not work I will try your method. What kind of virtual com port has to set ?!

Thanks, Zsolt

Guest tibyke
Hi tibyke ( Tibike ? hungarian nickname )

Thanks for your information. Actually I have found a solution ?! what I am testing now. I am starting IGO8 and just exit it to the background. After that I am starting VisualGPSse and run. It can start to search for satellites and in the meantime IGO8 inform me that the GPS connection has been closed. Then Viusal GPSse exit, even stop from the memory and start IGO8 again and ....the GPS was OK for IGO. I am not sure yet that this process is working always but at least could suggest that the finding or connecting process between GPS and IGO is not working well. ( by the way: I have checked the system file as well and it was set to com6 )

So if this process will not work I will try your method. What kind of virtual com port has to set ?!

Thanks, Zsolt

hey, zsolt

mind the little flag next to my nickname on the left at my posts :D

i will try your method, and report the results

t

Guest tammma76
hey, zsolt

mind the little flag next to my nickname on the left at my posts :D

i will try your method, and report the results

t

THX fiúk :-)

én is kipróbálom.

so I'm gonna try these methods

Guest pecsvara
THX fiúk :-)

én is kipróbálom.

so I'm gonna try these methods

So Hungarian boys and the rest of the forum,

I have started the method repeatedly and ... it is WORKING. Not even necessary to wait till VisualGPSse could pick up signal from satellites, it is enough to see whether the red light is blinking in the right corner and you can exit the program. Asking IGO8 from the background will pickup signals within seconds ( !!!).

Now the question is why IGO8 stop the connection with the internal GPS during the first start even I have choosen a built in connection on COM6 in the IGO6 program and can accept it, after the VisualGPSse can built this up.

Guest ROGUEx360
Is there a way to control the status of the built-in gps (on/off)? I couldn't find it in the menu...

All you need to do is use a program such as TomTom, Google Maps, CoPilot, which will access the GPS. If the settings are correct, GPS Program Port COM8, GPS Hardware Port COM6, Baud Rate 115200, the GPS will activate automatically and respond to the program and give a reading.

There is NO "ON/OFF" control for the GPS within the phone's software, just run a program that uses it and it will activate and function automatically.

Guest pecsvara
All you need to do is use a program such as TomTom, Google Maps, CoPilot, which will access the GPS. If the settings are correct, GPS Program Port COM8, GPS Hardware Port COM6, Baud Rate 115200, the GPS will activate automatically and respond to the program and give a reading.

There is NO "ON/OFF" control for the GPS within the phone's software, just run a program that uses it and it will activate and function automatically.

That's correct.

However using IGO8 I have found some difficulties to start the system automatically. See my message 242 in this page. Using that solution the GPS is working fine. Hope HP or IGO8 will solve this error soon. ( This device is not among the PDA-s which were tested for IGO8 according to their homepage )

Guest bluerider250
hi, has anyone tried running Garmin Mobile XT on the Ipaq 610? thanks in advance

Yes Garmin XT working fine on 614c.

For Igo8 put this 3 lines on sys.txt file on both. SD & program files:

[gps]

port=6

baud=57600

set_messages=0

it works for me and for all 614c- i made until now.