HTC bump 'Touch' specs for Asia, add new colours and designs (plus DIY info!)

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)
redtouch.jpg
In response to the fantastic success of the HTC Touch, HTC have launched a new, improved version for Asia, named the 'HTC Touch Enhanced Version' (no, really!) ;)

From HTC:

HTC launches HTC Touch Enhanced Version with Larger Memory Size and More Colors for Selection

HTC Corp. announced the official launch of HTC Touch Enhanced Version in Hong Kong, providing local PDA phone users another good choice. Apart from the original Elegant Black and Wasabi Green, the latest device is now available in Burgundy Red and Immaculate White as well. Since its launch in June, HTC Touch has soon become the best-buy item in the market, and by launching HTC Touch Enhanced Version, HTC once again stresses their emphasis in serving the needs of all individuals when developing new technology and gadgets. HTC Touch Enhanced Version is upgraded with a larger memory size of 128 MB RAM and 256MB ROM, together with the two stylish and trendy colors of Burgundy Red and Immaculate White. HTC Touch Enhanced Version is definitely the best mobile device to highlight the uniqueness and individuality of its users.

Featuring the world first’s TouchFLO technology, HTC Touch enables its users to easily launch the three-dimensional interface that comprises three screens including Contacts, Media and Applications, through the sweep of their fingers. TouchFLO technology also makes net-surfing, document browsing and message reading a breeze. The new HTC-designed Today screen provides current weather conditions and forecasts for hundreds of cities around the world. Users can also check emails, messages, personal schedules and contacts efficiently.

The memory bump to 256MB ROM / 128MB RAM is a significant improvement, and addresses the main complain with the original device. I have to say that the 'Burgundy Red' and 'Immaculate White' look hot too.

For those of us with original model HTC Touch units, all is not lost however! Online retailer 'PhoneyStore' are offering original HTC shells for the devices in the above colours (as well as grey and olive green) for the princely sum of $24.99! Bargain! I'm tempted by a white one myself, to replicate the famous MoDaCo C600 :(

Unfortunately there's no word as yet on whether Europe will receive the upgraded units themselves. :)

While we're talking Touch, I came across this bizarre website courtesy of ePrice. My Chinese ain't so hot (read non existent), so I have absolutely no idea what is going on (although from what I can work out it's related to a 'HTC Touch Colour' launch), but they look kind cute eh? (see below...)

:D

P

[Edit: Translation of Chinese Touch Colour page later in topic!]

[Via: MSMobiles]]

touchcolour.jpg

Guest Van Persie
While we're talking Touch, I came across this bizarre website courtesy of ePrice. My Chinese ain't so hot (read non existent), so I have absolutely no idea what is going on (although from what I can work out it's related to a 'HTC Touch Colour' launch), but they look kind cute eh? (see below...)

Paul, seems I can help you on this point as I speak Mandarin for almost 30 years ;)

It is basically said on the Chinese webpage that, those pictures are for the specially edition of HTC Touch called "HTC Touch Colour". It is the normal HTC Touch with covers designed by a famous cartoonist in Taiwan. HTC will start an charity auction for 14 days by selling those phones starting from 1 Yuan, which is about 2 British pence. The money raised from this event will be donated to different charity foundations for children care and homeless animals.

Edited by Van Persie

I'll assume these housings won't work on a Sprint Touch as it is slightly larger than the original Touch. That's a shame too, I'd love to have that burgundy color available.

Guest Monolithix

Yes for sure. Don't get me wrong, I've no problem at all with a manufacturer responding to their customers requests. As a platform though, roll on the Dual :s

• 2 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.