How to change Shadow's Neo Theme

Guest kwoodall

Guest kwoodall

Unless I overlooked something, these are the files you need to alter in order to change the background of the new Neo interface. These files are kept in the Windows directory on your phone.

These include all the Neo backgrounds and thematically similar backgrounds for the rest of Windows Mobile. I deliberately left out the landscape versions of the screens since there's little likelyhood you'd need them, but if you want, change those too.

BackgroundImage_Port.bmp

CHome_framework_TextGlow_p.png

CHome_framework_background_p.png

CHome_framework_glass_p.png

CHome_framework_status_bar_bg.png

CHome_framework_textpanel_NoNPI_p.png

CHome_framework_textpanel_p.png

Chome_Start_background.jpg

DeviceLockBG.bmp

PhoneBKI1_Port.jpg

PhoneBKI2_Port.jpg

T-MobileBasicBrown.jpg

_BackgroundImage_Port.bmp

_PhoneBKI1_Port.jpg

_PhoneBKI2_Port.jpg

wmp_Camel_disabled.png

wmp_Camel_ocx.png

wmp_Camel_player_240x320.png

wmp_Camel_pushed.png

These links can be used to change the T-Mobile Hotspot icon to whatever you want it to be. I changed mine to an Internet Explorer icon. At least until I can figure out how to make Opera Mini launch from here!

All the other left side link icons follow the same naming convention. CHome_links_...

CHome_links_desat_inactive.png

CHome_links_sat_active.png

Enjoy!

Kermit Woodall

Managing Editor

GadgetNutz.com

post-199124-1195142743_thumb.jpg

post-199124-1195142754_thumb.jpg

Edited by kwoodall

Guest the_matrixx

Can you post your changed files? I was messing around changing mine before I saw yours but mine didn't work so well and the green looks good. Also, what program did you use to edit them?

Guest kwoodall
Can you post your changed files? I was messing around changing mine before I saw yours but mine didn't work so well and the green looks good. Also, what program did you use to edit them?

Nah - I want to encourage other people to check everything out themselves, therefore you'll have to modify your own.

I used Photoshop to edit them. I just copied all those files to my hard drive, removed the Read Only flag, figured out I liked them green at a +50 in the hue slider in Photoshop, batch changed them all, then copied them back.

The Links (Web) icon I saw how to change it quickly. It's a PNG with an alpha channel so I loaded it, replaced the graphic, and saved it and copied it back. There are two images (unselected and selected) so keep that in mind.

Kermit Woodall

Managing Editor

GadgetNutz.com

Guest chaznet

Did you also change the CommManager screen?

Nah - I want to encourage other people to check everything out themselves, therefore you'll have to modify your own.

I used Photoshop to edit them. I just copied all those files to my hard drive, removed the Read Only flag, figured out I liked them green at a +50 in the hue slider in Photoshop, batch changed them all, then copied them back.

The Links (Web) icon I saw how to change it quickly. It's a PNG with an alpha channel so I loaded it, replaced the graphic, and saved it and copied it back. There are two images (unselected and selected) so keep that in mind.

Kermit Woodall

Managing Editor

GadgetNutz.com

Guest kwoodall
Did you also change the CommManager screen?

Nope, nor the secondary MyFaves screen. Haven't had time to hunt those down and find them since I just realized they aren't using the generic background like many other areas.

Kermit Woodall

Managing Editor

GadgetNutz.com

Guest ExTrEmE

I was wondering where can i get themes? I need a theme that has fizzweather on the homescreen. I had a theme but its landscape and doesnt work on the shadow ;)

Edited by ExTrEmE

Guest chaznet

Search MoDaCo, or Google 'homescreen fizz weather'. You'll be using the standard homescreen though, not Neo. I like the the new interface enough to give up FizzWeather on my homescreen, but wish it had weather forcasting of some sort. If you don't have Facade, you should purchase it as there are several homescreens created that use FizzWeather: http://forums.sbsh.net/index.php?showforum=57

I was wondering where can i get themes? I need a theme that has fizzweather on the homescreen. I had a theme but its landscape and doesnt work on the shadow ;)

Guest badbob001

Looking at \Application Data\Home\cmhome.home.xml, it looks like the NEO home screen comprises of two parts:

- The standard iconbar plug-in with a height of 20:

- The NEO plug-in with a height of 266:

I tried to change the height of the neo plug-in but it has no effect. I suspect that you can easily swap out the iconbar plug-in with another plug-in as long as it can fit into the 20 pixel height. I'm looking for per-mailbox notifications, which phone alarm provides I think, and am investigating if I can find a good phone alarm skin to use instead of the standard iconbar.

What would be awesome is a 20 pixel high plug-in that can contain other plug-ins and you can switch between them, so one view can be the standard iconbar, another for more system info, and another for weather... Does such a thing exist?

Unless I overlooked something, these are the files you need to alter in order to change the background of the new Neo interface. These files are kept in the Windows directory on your phone.

These include all the Neo backgrounds and thematically similar backgrounds for the rest of Windows Mobile. I deliberately left out the landscape versions of the screens since there's little likelyhood you'd need them, but if you want, change those too.

BackgroundImage_Port.bmp

CHome_framework_TextGlow_p.png

CHome_framework_background_p.png

CHome_framework_glass_p.png

CHome_framework_status_bar_bg.png

CHome_framework_textpanel_NoNPI_p.png

CHome_framework_textpanel_p.png

Chome_Start_background.jpg

DeviceLockBG.bmp

PhoneBKI1_Port.jpg

PhoneBKI2_Port.jpg

T-MobileBasicBrown.jpg

_BackgroundImage_Port.bmp

_PhoneBKI1_Port.jpg

_PhoneBKI2_Port.jpg

wmp_Camel_disabled.png

wmp_Camel_ocx.png

wmp_Camel_player_240x320.png

wmp_Camel_pushed.png

These links can be used to change the T-Mobile Hotspot icon to whatever you want it to be. I changed mine to an Internet Explorer icon. At least until I can figure out how to make Opera Mini launch from here!

All the other left side link icons follow the same naming convention. CHome_links_...

CHome_links_desat_inactive.png

CHome_links_sat_active.png

Enjoy!

Kermit Woodall

Managing Editor

GadgetNutz.com

I don't see how you changed those files? They reside in the \windows directory and are part of the ROM which means upon reboot they are over written with the originals. Can you elaborate how you did this?

Guest the_matrixx
I don't see how you changed those files? They reside in the \windows directory and are part of the ROM which means upon reboot they are over written with the originals. Can you elaborate how you did this?

I had a problem to but then I created a cab file to install all of them. No problem since doing that.

Guest kwoodall
It allows me to overwrite some of the files, but on others is says I don't have permission to do so.

Mebbe you need to appunlock your device? Have you done this? If you don't know what I mean, head over to Paul's post here about changing the Neo home screen and such where he also includes the app that can appunlock your Shadow.

Kermit Woodall

Managing Editor

GadgetNutz.com

Guest trickinit
Mebbe you need to appunlock your device? Have you done this? If you don't know what I mean, head over to Paul's post here about changing the Neo home screen and such where he also includes the app that can appunlock your Shadow.

Kermit Woodall

Managing Editor

GadgetNutz.com

I've already app unlocked it as well. I think it just won't let me modify the files that are in use.. but I don't know how to disable them.. ;)

Guest trickinit
What color are you trying?

Green. I've already copied and Photoshopped all the files, I just can't paste them back into my Windows folder for some reason..

Guest chaznet

Same here -- have tried renaming or deleting them via my desktop, not possible -- unchecking the 'read only' box doesn't work either. Also tried the same using Resco Explorer on the device, same issue. My Shadow is also app-unlocked.

Green. I've already copied and Photoshopped all the files, I just can't paste them back into my Windows folder for some reason..