USB to PC - a performance boost

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

For some reason the 'Enable advanced network functionality' checkbox is UNCHECKED by default in Settings -> Connections, which forces the phone to use 'serial mode'.

Check this box for higher performance peeps!

P

Guest badbob001
For some reason the 'Enable advanced network functionality' checkbox is UNCHECKED by default in Settings -> Connections, which forces the phone to use 'serial mode'.

Check this box for higher performance peeps!

P

My activesync can't connect if I enable this.

Guest chaznet

It was problem with the Dash, many users (including me) weren't able to connect, for myself it happened with WMDC -- couldn't connect unless I unchecked that option. Doesn't seem to be an issued checking it on my Shadow -- they must've defaulted it to unchecked to avoid the potential support issues they must've run into with the Dash.

It should!

P

Guest Paul (MVP)

Yes, it does. In the WMDC / ActiveSync help you can see which ports you need to open. It's because the advanced mode acts like a network connection rather than a serial connection.

P

• 3 months later...
Guest memcbob
Yes, it does. In the WMDC / ActiveSync help you can see which ports you need to open. It's because the advanced mode acts like a network connection rather than a serial connection.

P

My WM6 std BJ2 doesn't have the selection/ability to get to Serial only. there is no 'enable advanced network functionality' checkbox... Am I missing a driver or is my repllog.exe (activesync) crippled...

memcbob