How should I handle this

Guest diggerbucket

Guest diggerbucket

Just come across a bit of an issue with my tariff.....

Last month I used a lot more texts than usual and had an expensive bill. So I went onto my Orange account online and upgraded to a new tariff with more texts. The website said as long as it was 5 days before billing dat, there was no need to call, it would all be processed for the next months bill. All good.

That was 3 weeks ago, and now when I logged in today it says I'm still on the old one ;)

I'm gonna have a damn expensive bill unless they can backdate the tariff change to the start of this billing month. What re the chances of them doing it?

Guest mcwarre
Just come across a bit of an issue with my tariff.....

Last month I used a lot more texts than usual and had an expensive bill. So I went onto my Orange account online and upgraded to a new tariff with more texts. The website said as long as it was 5 days before billing dat, there was no need to call, it would all be processed for the next months bill. All good.

That was 3 weeks ago, and now when I logged in today it says I'm still on the old one :D

I'm gonna have a damn expensive bill unless they can backdate the tariff change to the start of this billing month. What re the chances of them doing it?

Why don't you ring and ask them............................ ;) :(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ajb3000

I had the same issue with Orange a couple of years back, except I called their CS to change tariff and was told it would be activated as of my next billing cycle (about 10 days away). Needless to say it wasn't activated and I was still on the old price plan, then when I rang to complain they actually called me a liar and stated that there was no record of a call to customer services on their system. I then promptly left Orange.

Give them a try, I had a problem with being charged for data last month. The CS advisor instantly refunded the charges and apologised profusely. It all depends on the CS advisor you speak to, but there is still some good in Orange!

Guest ajb3000
Don’t you just love some of the exaggerations you hear on this forum! lol

Me: I rang 3 weeks ago to change my price plan but I still appear to be on the old plan despite being told it would be activated at the start of the next billing cycle which was just over a week ago.

Them: Sir, we have no record of you calling customer services to change your plan.

Me: Well I definitely rang and you definitely confirmed it would be switched over.

Them: No sir you didn't call us, it would be recorded on your account if you did, do you want to change plan from your next billing cycle?

Is that, or is that not, calling me a liar?

Guest diggerbucket
Me: I rang 3 weeks ago to change my price plan but I still appear to be on the old plan despite being told it would be activated at the start of the next billing cycle which was just over a week ago.

Them: Sir, we have no record of you calling customer services to change your plan.

Me: Well I definitely rang and you definitely confirmed it would be switched over.

Them: No sir you didn't call us, it would be recorded on your account if you did, do you want to change plan from your next billing cycle?

Is that, or is that not, calling me a liar?

Sounds very similar to the conversation I had with them!

Guest modgnik
nope, they just said "you didnt call us"!!!

Allow me to add my tuppence worth to the semantics here.

O's CS phrase: 'No sir you didn't call us', is unfortunate as it can be interpreted as inferring that ajb3000 is lying.

As one knows, there are few things that upset people more than having one's veracity impugned-real or imagined.

CS could simply have restated that there is no record of the call and that their hands are tied. (And if the CS operative is fed up with the job, conclude with: 'now bugger off you lying git'.)

Really though, I don't see why operators can't just sms or email clients confirmation of any changes to existing arrangements.

Better for everybody all round.

Guest Confucious
nope, they just said "you didnt call us"!!!

Which is, in effect, calling him a liar. He said he did, they said he didn't. they are repudiating something which he stated as fact, which makes him a liar according to them.