Battery life

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest Paul (MVP)

The Shadow is great and I love it, but the battery life is really poor, barely lasting a full day. In fact, after taking it off charge at 8am this morning, it's dead at about 10pm with only medium usage.

Does this match anybody else's experiences?

P

Guest kwoodall
The Shadow is great and I love it, but the battery life is really poor, barely lasting a full day. In fact, after taking it off charge at 8am this morning, it's dead at about 10pm with only medium usage.

Does this match anybody else's experiences?

P

Same here. I suspect the problem is that there is too much going on in the device for such a weak battery. Perhaps T-Mobile wanted to save $0.05 on the battery.

Kermit Woodall

Managing Editor

GadgetNutz.com

Same here. I suspect the problem is that there is too much going on in the device for such a weak battery. Perhaps T-Mobile wanted to save $0.05 on the battery.

Kermit Woodall

Managing Editor

GadgetNutz.com

My SDA is more responsive than the Shadow. I have yet to find a decent media player for this thing; Windows Media took over 2 hours to process my library and it takes 30 seconds to shuffle tracks. CorePlayer is better, but not by much. TCPMP seems to be the only thing that works well, but it can't do AVRCP with the Shadow.

And yes, the battery life is horrid.

Guest Paul (MVP)

I just discovered that for some reason (probably something I hacked around), the screen was never turning off on my shadow!

After a hard reset it's fixed, should help battery life somewhat ;)

P

Guest chaznet

The Shadow does stand-by well, but once you start using it you can watch the battery meter go down. On mine, the combination of streaming internet radio via EDGE to stereo bluethooth headphones brings up the battery recharge alert after around 2.5 hours. They really should've shipped it with a 2nd battery; and to really make up for battery-life, a separate plug-in battery charger.

The Shadow does stand-by well, but once you start using it you can watch the battery meter go down. On mine, the combination of streaming internet radio via EDGE to stereo bluethooth headphones brings up the battery recharge alert after around 2.5 hours. They really should've shipped it with a 2nd battery; and to really make up for battery-life, a separate plug-in battery charger.

I'm streaming Stereo Bluetooth using CorePlayer, and I'm down 50% after 3 hours. Thankfully, I was able to grab a Moto P790 portable charger for $5 (I bought 3) to keep things going.