Sky TV on Vario II possible?

Guest agul4

Ok, so I got a text from T-Mobile saying that Sky TV is now available, but apparently the Vario II is not a compatible handset although the Vario III is. Has anyone managed to get this working on a Vario II?

If so, how?

Guest pd.ryder

BTW, there's plenty better (and free!) TV streams available which run in WMP at full screen.

Try a few on here: Streaming PDA The BBC News 24 runs faultlessly as does the SciFi Channel. Many are foreign language, but there's plenty that aren't.

;)

Edited by pd.ryder

BTW, there's plenty better (and free!) TV streams available which run in WMP at full screen.

Try a few on here: Streaming PDA The BBC News 24 runs faultlessly as does the SciFi Channel. Many are foreign language, but there's plenty that aren't.

;)

Except it sadly doesn't have the channels I'm interested in (Skysports News and Skysports1 for example) and the other URL you've kindly posted directs me to T-Mobile TV rather than Sky TV :-(

Thanks anyway - anyone else got any ideas?

Guest psionandy

;)

When I try and view the Scifi cjannel I Get a video saying "Please Login"...

Guest pd.ryder

Sky TV is available through T-Mobile TV, which is why T-Mobile sent you the text rather than Sky ;)

The Vario II is not listed on the 'compatible handsets' list from T-Mobile and as such a link is not available which is why I posted one that works.

The SciFi Channel mentioned is not a ppv channel via T-Mobile TV, it is a webstream direct from the SciFi channel. The link offered via Streaming PDA fires up WMP and away you go, so I don't know how/why you're being asked to login.

The direct link is here: SciFi Channel

I hope that helps.

:(

PS it works just as well on your PC...

Edited by pd.ryder

Sky TV is available through T-Mobile TV, which is why T-Mobile sent you the text rather than Sky ;)

The Vario II is not listed on the 'compatible handsets' list from T-Mobile and as such a link is not available which is why I posted one that works.

The SciFi Channel mentioned is not a ppv channel via T-Mobile TV, it is a webstream direct from the SciFi channel. The link offered via Streaming PDA fires up WMP and away you go, so I don't know how/why you're being asked to login.

The direct link is here: SciFi Channel

I hope that helps.

:(

PS it works just as well on your PC...

Hmmm - followed the direct link and getting what is presumably the same login video thing. It now just says "waiting"

Yeah, I'm not really sure you understand what I'm trying to get across. T-Mobile offer 3 services, they offer T-Mobile TV, Sky TV and Video on Demand. T-Mobile TV is limited to streaming a few select channels whereas Sky TV offers more 'Sky channels' - it's specifically the Sky TV channels I want to get hold of but, as you say, apparently my handset is not compatible which I find hard to believe.

The Vario II and III are almost the same handset with minor variances so I'm wondering why my handset is not compatible when the Vario III is. My question was, has anyone got Sky TV working on the Vario II and if so, how?

Guest pd.ryder
Hmmm - followed the direct link and getting what is presumably the same login video thing. It now just says "waiting"

I see what you mean :( I was only watching at work on nights this time last week :D I'll try it again later or I'm in for a long night. I know there's sometimes nothing on the stream, but I've never seen this before ;)

Yeah, I'm not really sure you understand what I'm trying to get across. T-Mobile offer 3 services, they offer T-Mobile TV, Sky TV and Video on Demand. T-Mobile TV is limited to streaming a few select channels whereas Sky TV offers more 'Sky channels' - it's specifically the Sky TV channels I want to get hold of but, as you say, apparently my handset is not compatible which I find hard to believe.

The Vario II and III are almost the same handset with minor variances so I'm wondering why my handset is not compatible when the Vario III is. My question was, has anyone got Sky TV working on the Vario II and if so, how?

Yeah, I did realise that. I haven't used T-Mobile TV since the 'free' trial stopped as I wasn't prepared to pay a quid a day for the low quality pap they were serving up. I got that link initially from another WinMo site due to the VII not being recognised on the T-Mo site. TBH I'd assumed there would be links from that linked T-Mo 'Now & Next' page to include Sky's offering. I have to admit, I've never tried it because I'll not cough up another £5/month into Murdoch's media machine - it should be available free to my mobile using my Sky loggin! The last time I did check it out, it was only available to Nokias!!!

However, I will check out Sky's Mobile TV from their homepage and I'll post on SkyUser.co.uk and see if there's any help there...

So there! :)