Blackjack II Tips - POST HERE!

Guest nickcornaglia

Guest jf1020

download a program called "SMS Bubbles" It will show u the incoming txt message on the screen without having to push any buttons.

try it out - i love it.

I would really like to figure out a way to get to the text message option quicker. As for right now I have to hit the message button, go to messages, hit menu, new, then down to text message. Is there any way to make those five steps into one?

In a completely unrelated topic, can I rearrange the main menu? I know you can change it from preset to preset but I'd like to be able to change the order.

Not difficult to reorder the start menu. Simple registry edit HKLM>Software>Microsoft>Shell>Start Menu .

I know how to adjust the start menu, I need help with the desktop menu. I'd like to be able to save icons on the top and maybe get rid of some of the options that I don't need.

Thanks for your help everyone. I'm now using SMS Bubbles and I found a few sources that you might find useful for editing your home screen. It's actually pretty easy to move things around and change the colors. It will take me a while to perfect it though.

http://i607.org/wiki/doku.php?id=home_screens

http://www.modaco.com/content/Smartphone-G...-for-beginners/

It seems that you can't record phone calls on the BJ2...anyone know of any programs?

If you don't use any applications from resco.net yet you will. http://www.resco.net/smartphone/default.asp They have one you are looking for called Audio Recorder that does more than just record your phone calls.

I would recommend you do what I did which is to get the Resco Media SmartPack. The Explorer 2007 is awesome and includes a great registry editor for making enabling these tips and tricks.

Hi, I went through this and it worked, too well. Can someone post the path to the Bluetooth on/off toggle? I deleted that one as well, and would like to add it back. Thanks!

Victor

\Windows\BlueToothOnOff.exe

If you have Resco file explorer on your phone it finds stuff like that no matter where it might be hidden. In this case it was a snap.

Guest thelostsoul
If you don't use any applications from resco.net yet you will. http://www.resco.net/smartphone/default.asp They have one you are looking for called Audio Recorder that does more than just record your phone calls.

I would recommend you do what I did which is to get the Resco Media SmartPack. The Explorer 2007 is awesome and includes a great registry editor for making enabling these tips and tricks.

Are you sure this works for you? Whenever I try to record phone calls on my phone, no matter which program I've used, they've been unable to record the other side of the conversation. It only records what I say.

Guest JeepinCalifornia

The "tips" below are not terribly ground breaking, but I've read different posts and reviews on the net suggesting that the BJII doesn't have T9 text input; and, that they can't listen to music via WMP while also using other applications. I'm not a guy who reads the manual unless he has to, so when I found these options I was pleased... :D This also, especially because I read "professional reviews" that also suggest that there is no T9 on the BJII.

-For T9 text (now that I've gotten used to the Qwerty, as opposed to the T9 on the ol' Razr!): Settings, More, Key Settings, Text Input...there we go.

-Windows Media Player: open the player, Menu, Options, Playback...uncheck the box "Pause Playback while using another program."

-Also (possibly old new-news?): there is now an offical Calendar Patch that takes care of the Samung Calendar Homescreen - which fixes the Leap Year (extra day) issue. I've seen a few different patches on various forums but member feedback has been touchy, suggesting that different patches out there have different bugs. So...I checked the Samsung site and they have an offical patch which seems to be working for me without the side effects of other patches out there: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/download...II%20(SGH-i617)

Edited by JeepinCalifornia

Guest Chris LT250R
The "tips" below are not terribly ground breaking, but I've read different posts and reviews on the net suggesting that the BJII doesn't have T9 text input; and, that they can't listen to music via WMP while also using other applications. I'm not a guy who reads the manual unless he has to, so when I found these options I was pleased... :D This also, especially because I read "professional reviews" that also suggest that there is no T9 on the BJII.

-For T9 text (now that I've gotten used to the Qwerty, as opposed to the T9 on the ol' Razr!): Settings, More, Key Settings, Text Input...there we go.

-Windows Media Player: open the player, Menu, Options, Playback...uncheck the box "Pause Playback while using another program."

-Also (possibly old new-news?): there is now an offical Calendar Patch that takes care of the Samung Calendar Homescreen - which fixes the Leap Year (extra day) issue. I've seen a few different patches on various forums but member feedback has been touchy, suggesting that different patches out there have different bugs. So...I checked the Samsung site and they have an offical patch which seems to be working for me without the side effects of other patches out there: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/download...II%20(SGH-i617)

I have something new for someone to figure out... The Caller ID picture that comes up with the contact info when recieving phone calls is very SMALL.. Does anyone know how to make this bigger like the iphones caller id (takes up most of the screen).

Guest z_phantm
I have something new for someone to figure out... The Caller ID picture that comes up with the contact info when recieving phone calls is very SMALL.. Does anyone know how to make this bigger like the iphones caller id (takes up most of the screen).

i agree. i want to enlarge the caller id photo also. another thing is there a way to use animated gif or video caller id?

Guest z_phantm
are u sure putting it in the applicationdata works?

yes copying mp3 files to ApplicationData\Sounds folder makes it available to use for alarms, text messaging, and other tones.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest wingslayer

I am looking for fizz weather, could anyone hook me up i would appreciate it. Second i bought Garmin xt on sd card and was wanting to copy it for my wife but it appears its locked, is there a thread on a way to get around this? thanks for any help

Guest Montais

Some more tips. :D

To make right soft key on Home screen dynamic- example when get new SMS will change to Message-Miss call receive will change to call history

Delete this reg key at

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Home

DisableMRE = 1

Change cleartype of IE

HKLM/software/microsoft/windows/currentversion/Internet Setting

ClearTypeText = 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest zalooa
I would really like to figure out a way to get to the text message option quicker. As for right now I have to hit the message button, go to messages, hit menu, new, then down to text message. Is there any way to make those five steps into one?

In a completely unrelated topic, can I rearrange the main menu? I know you can change it from preset to preset but I'd like to be able to change the order.

Hey kdar

If you know how to edit XML code for your homescreen. I am aware of making it just one click away where you click on the SMS button and it takes you to your inbox if you dont want to use sms bubbles which seems cooler than this.

this one is different then the code you have if you look for the code for the unread sms area you will notice differences.Right now because in your code the plugin is for name="smscount" and the code above is name="msgcount2"

This is the annoying problem that causes you to go to the Mail folder rather than the SMS folder immediately.

As for customizing the SMS ringtones for free as a tip youll need a Registry editor i use (http://www.breaksoft.com/Blog/Utilities/2005/1/Mobile_Registry_Editor.aspx)

its free and easy to use.

The first place you need to navigate to is

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sounds

In this area double click the ALLSOUNDS name

Its going to open up a multiword editor here is the tricky part

add the name of the file you want to add

so if you want a song to be your ringtone change the name of the song to 1.mp3 or 1.wav depending on the type of file you want inside it also supports wma file extensions

Anyway once you change the name of the song, then add the exact same name to that area in the registry editor above. Put it at the end to be safe and of course backup your registry first just to be safe too. Once this is done you need to add the file to the windows directory

Open activesync and press the explore button

navigate to \Windows and just drop the 1.wav or 1.mp3 file there

Now to use the actual sound

Go to Start menut -> settings -> Sounds

now for all the sound notifications there you can add your 1.wav or 1.mp3 file its going to be name "1" only in this example tutorial

I recommend using smaller files the better for these devices. But I have tried full mp3s and no problems. I am sure there are programs that do this whole thing too...Or an easier method but I fiddled with this until i got my sms sounds to go off in a certain way. So let me know if it didnt work. Laters :D

Guest Hawkstone
Some more tips. :D

To make right soft key on Home screen dynamic- example when get new SMS will change to Message-Miss call receive will change to call history

Delete this reg key at

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Home

DisableMRE = 1

Change cleartype of IE

HKLM/software/microsoft/windows/currentversion/Internet Setting

ClearTypeText = 1

These are good tips.

The dynamic right soft key tip is great, thanks. Makes you wonder why this is disabled by default. I found this also works if you change the value from 1 to 0 instead of deleting the key.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest omershahab
Hey kdar

If you know how to edit XML code for your homescreen. I am aware of making it just one click away where you click on the SMS button and it takes you to your inbox if you dont want to use sms bubbles which seems cooler than this.

I think he was asking if theres a quicker way to compose a new text message instead of having to go through several dialog boxes.

I would like to know this as well, if we can program a shortcut key or something, cause currently its really tedious and takes forever just to write a new text.

Guest mobelby

Can you just configure wm5 new menu (freeware) for the blackjack II ?

I have been using it with my wizard to great effect to send a text very quickly to people. You can even configure it to have a shortcut send text to a specific person.

My advice would be to configure the right soft button on the start page to a menu button with this utility and have the menu include an "sms to joe bloggs" - that way you should be sending that text pretty darned quickly

Here is the web page

http://www.saman-cz.com/ppc/index.html

Edited by mobelby

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mobelby

An update to my post and suggstion for what you can do.

First, download and install the wm5 new menu beta version for smartphone from here:

http://www.saman-cz.com/ppc/WM5NewMenuSP.CAB

2. Download Right Tweaker from here:

http://www.smartphone-freeware.com/get-right-tweaker.html

What these two programs together do is let you replace the right soft key on your phone with a new menu key that activates a new menu as soon as you hit that key. Items that can be included in the new menu are an "sms to x" ie an sms to your favourite contact.

Remember to follow the instructions with right tweaker and note where the executable is for the installed WM5New Menu (\Program Files\saman\WM5NewMenu\WM5NewMenu.exe) to ensure this works

NB Both programs are freeware

• 2 weeks later...
Guest .sCREAm.

I know I probably should have done a search first but ohwell if it is a repost then so be it, i couldnt find this info anywhere else and had to find it out on my own so i figured id share. :D

First of all this is to set your default custom ringtones directory to your storage card instead of your device.

I used CeRegistry Editor to do this. (just do a google search or click here)

Once you have found and installed CeRegistry (on your PC) follow these steps:

1: Connect Blackjack II via USB and make sure that Microsoft Activesync is on.

2: Click on Connection>Connect or press F1.

3: Double click HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

4: Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\ControlPanel\Sounds\CustomSounds\RingTones

5: In here you should see a registry that looks something like:

Name............Type..........Data

abDirectory....REG_SZ....\My Documents\My Sounds

Change "\My Documents\My Sounds" to the correct directory of your sounds on your storage card.

Mine reads:

Name............Type..........Data

abDirectory....REG_SZ....\Storage Card\My Documents\My Sounds

and works just fine.

Hope this helps.

If further help is needed just PM me.

Cheers.

Edited by .sCREAm.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Daddeo
Add some tips but Please discuss outside of this post...lets keep this thread clean.

1) Press and hold HOME button to bring up Task Manager

2) Press and Hold Camera Button to ZOOM IN on screen

2a) While in Zoom Mode...Press and tap action button (center of dpad) to pop up a list of automatic movements to autoate reading movement....strange feature.

3) Press and Hold CV Button to bring up Power Manager

4) Press and Hold MAIL button to turn off screen

5) Press and Hold END key to lock device

6) Tap Power Button to bring up Quick List

Whats the RPM gauge (thats what it looks like to me) that pops when you use the camera button to zoom in and then press the start key?

Edited by Daddeo

Guest Daddeo
Whats the RPM gauge (thats what it looks like to me) that pops when you use the camera button to zoom in and then press the start key?

Figured it out..it's an accelerator for below...

"2) Press and Hold Camera Button to ZOOM IN on screen

2a) While in Zoom Mode...Press and tap action button (center of dpad) to pop up a list of automatic movements to autoate reading movement....strange feature

Guest robsbj2
Glad you found this, but the exact instructions didn't work for me.

Once you've navigated to your previously locked letter in HKLM/software/samsung/keyrun (V, M, C, etc..) delete the AppPath, AppTitle, AND Argument strings. Now set the Order value to 0 (I'm pretty sure you can actually leave this value alone, but i just set it to 0)

The letter you just edited has now been unlocked and removed from the Settings>Key Settings>FN Key Settings menu.

Just add back the letter with any program you want and launch away from the home screen!

I have C set to Calculator

G to Google Maps

A to Alarms

E to File Explorer

O to Opera

etc...

Good luck!

One thing I noticed when i originally did this a few months ago is when u reorder apps, they will begin to take the order slots that were once vacant. Anything in the order slots of 1-5(i believe it may be 1-6) are hard locked in the reg and you can not change them in the Key setting, but you can always go back into the registry and delete them out.

Does anyone who has the ability to do this, have a min to get me the information under the B(for Bluetooth) as i accidentally deleted this out and this is a short cut key i do use. I would appreciate it.

Side Note: I got the BT App location in my previous post.

Edited by robsbj2

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Jesseb

Anyone know how to set up repeating notification?

My old RAZR would keep notifing me when I missed a SMS, call or Voice mail. With the BJII the only way to know if you missed something (like in a noisy environment) is to constantly check the thing.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest andy_sutton
Anyone know how to set up repeating notification?

My old RAZR would keep notifing me when I missed a SMS, call or Voice mail. With the BJII the only way to know if you missed something (like in a noisy environment) is to constantly check the thing.

Try PhoneAlarmSP at: http://www.pocketmax.net/phoneAlarmSP.html

Try Don't Forget at: http://thinkabdul.com/2007/08/06/dont-forg...bration-or-led/

Both will remind you at whatever interval you want. Both are good, I prefer PhoneAlarm because of the added features for homescreen plugins.