Change the homepage?

Guest trickinit

Guest trickinit

Never mind, I figured it out. It's just in the registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\CHome\CLinks, and you have to change the Page1 ACTIONURL to ":MSPIE; google.com"

Guest the_matrixx
Never mind, I figured it out. It's just in the registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\CHome\CLinks, and you have to change the Page1 ACTIONURL to ":MSPIE; google.com"

Actually the homepage is identified here: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\AboutURLs\home_0409. There it identifies what to open.

Guest trickinit
Actually the homepage is identified here: HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\AboutURLs\home_0409. There it identifies what to open.

Yeah, that works better. The other way makes it so it returns to the homepage everytime I click on it. Thanks!

Guest gbenrus25

You could also use Paul's cab file available over here: http://www.modaco.com/content/Daily/255032...arch-to-Google/

It keeps the homepage the same in ie but when you search, it searches google instead of windows live. Obviously, that's only for searching google though and you'd have to use the above oted method to change the homepage to something else.

Guest benbenjiben
Yeah, that works better. The other way makes it so it returns to the homepage everytime I click on it. Thanks!

cool mon but what should the finished string look like? ie to google.

Guest benbenjiben
cool mon but what should the finished string look like? ie to google.

never mind just figured out had to put http:// url into end of the string, now to look at changing other stuff thanks again!

• 3 months later...
Guest MindEracer
never mind just figured out had to put http:// url into end of the string, now to look at changing other stuff thanks again!

Thank you!! I just figured it out.. Awsome I just made my first registry MOD :D

• 2 months later...
Guest tradin1

hey everyone...tried my first regedit and did something wronge!!!

i tried to change my home page and now when ever i try to go anywhere online it says,

"ERROR The remote party has ended this connection."

i have the Shadow which is unlocked for Cingular. everything was working fine until i changed whatever i changed!!! i can connect to my WiFi, but it keeps giving me that message.

thx.

Guest tradin1
hey everyone...tried my first regedit and did something wronge!!!

i tried to change my home page and now when ever i try to go anywhere online it says,

"ERROR The remote party has ended this connection."

i have the Shadow which is unlocked for Cingular. everything was working fine until i changed whatever i changed!!! i can connect to my WiFi, but it keeps giving me that message.

thx.

nevermind i figured it out.

thx!