BJ II Button Remap?

Guest PDADoc

Anyone know what registry entry will allow me to remap some of the buttons on the BJ II? For instance, I want to remap the CV key to launch CorePlayer, and I have one or two other apps I want to map to a couple of buttons.

I've poked around a little in the registry using Resco Registry, but I couldn't find anything.

Any help is appreciated. :(

It's not as satisfying as a true remap, but you can customize the Function keys on the BJ2.

Go to Start>Settings>Key Settings> FN Key Settings then remap as you wish.

I've used this to get around the problem with Voice Command (not being able to find a functional start key). I've created a Fn Key combination (Fn+Q in my case) to launch Voice Command.

Of course a real key/button mapper app would be choice!

Hope this helps

MadSci

It's not as satisfying as a true remap

You can call it real or fake.

It replaces the two default apps that the buttons use with tiny sub 1KB apps that stay in memory. When you press one of the buttons it launches a different app that you specify in the config file.

My goal was when I press the first button it launches IE and the second button launches the calendar app. After using this fix it works perfect for me.

If you are not happy with the app don’t use it, but don’t bash it by calling it not a true remap. On my BJ II those keys are now remapped to other apps, it works.

SeanH

Edited by SeanH

It replaces the two default apps that the buttons use with tiny sub 1KB apps that stay in memory. When you press one of the buttons it launches a different app that you specify in the config file.

My goal was when I press the first button it launches IE and the second button launches the calendar app. After using this fix it works perfect for me.

If you are not happy with the app don’t use it, but don’t bash it by calling it not a true remap. On my BJ II those keys are now remapped to other apps, it works.

SeanH

Chill friend! No offense intended! I was referring to my own proposed workaround as being "not as satisfying as a true remap".

All Props to your proposal! I had already read the thread on Howard Forums but wasn't ready to poke around quite so deep into the guts of the phone just yet as I only got the phone the day I posted.

Just wanted to let all know that there was a simpler, if less satisfying, built-in work around.

Which frankly, doesn't let Samsung off the hook for not including a decent re-map capability. :(

We're all friends here at MoDaCo :D

Cheers!

MadSci

SeanH

Yikes! :(

Steady on, old chap, I really don't think his comment was meant to be an insult, so much as an observation. I'm sure many people are truly appreciative of your efforts. But like all artists (and I include programmers/code writers in this bunch), critiques and observations are part and parcel of the experience. :D